• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

Independence Lake County Park has just opened an additional brand new 6 holes. They were down to 14 (ongoing construction) but now are back up to 20 total holes of wonderful golf. Eventually it will be 24 holes when the construction is finished.

My father-in-law knows a guy who owns a little par 3 bolf course somewhere in Lenawee County...he mentioned disc golf to this guy, who sounded like he might be receptive to getting some baskets in. I'll hopefully get to have a look at the land and/or talk to the landowner over July 4th vacation when I'm back in Adrian!

Damn, I thought you said Leelanau County. I was going to say how cool it would be to have a course at Veronica Valley!!

Oh well....

Update {6/22/12}

-----2011 Courses-----
--The Edge DGC-- Scottville {20 Holes}
--Big Bend DGC-- White Cloud {18 Holes}
--Burchfield Park-- Holt {18 Holes}
--Carly's Playground-- Traverse City {18 Holes} [Mt. Holiday Redesign]
--Diggins Hill-- Cadillac {18 Holes}
--Marion Twp Park-- Howell {18 Holes}
--Ogemaw Hills-- West Branch {18 Holes}
--Superior Pines-- Grand Marais {18 Holes}
--Turbine Pines-- Mackinaw City {18 Holes}
--Hanson Hills (Short Course)-- Grayling {9 Holes}
--Heritage Park-- Grandville {9 Holes}
--Lake Linden-Hubbell DGC-- Lake Linden {9 Holes}
--MCTI DGC-- Plainwell {9 Holes} [Private]
--Rosewood Park DGC-- Jenison {9 Holes}
--Taymouth Park-- Burt {9 Holes}

-----2012 Courses-----
--Stony Creek Metro Park-- Shelby Township {27 Holes} [Redesign]
--Earl Brewer-North-- Grand Rapids {18 Holes} [Redesign]
--Earl Brewer-South-- Grand Rapids {18 Holes} [Redesign]
--Henderson Lake Nature Center-- Montague {18 Holes}
--Brighton Rec. Area-- Howell {15 Holes}
--Wickes Woods-- Saginaw {11 Holes}
--Caro Fairgrounds DGC-- Caro {9 Holes}
--Silver Creek - Chocolay Park-- Harvey {9 Holes} [Redesign]

-----PENDING COURSES-------
--Belle Isle DGC-- Detroit {24 Holes}
--West Shore Community College-- Scottville {24 Holes}
--Mt. McSauba-- Charlevoix {19 Holes}
--Wolcott Mill Metropark-- Ray {18-27 Holes}
--Bertha Brock Park-- Ionia {18 Holes}
--Burchfield Park (2nd Course)-- Holt {18 Holes}
--East China Park-- East China {18 Holes}
--Grand Isle-- Belmont {18 Holes}
--Herman Community Park-- Suttons Bay {18 Holes}
--Pioneer Trails-- Gladstone {18 Holes}
--Baker's Field Park-- Port Huron {9-18 Holes}
--BC State Rec Area-- Bay City {9-18 Holes}
--Clear Lake State Park-- Atlanta {9-18 Holes}
--Columbus Park-- Columbus {9-18 Holes}
--Ramona Park-- Portage {9-18 Holes}
--Rosevear Park-- Owosso {9-18 Holes}
--Beverly Park-- Beverly Hills {9 Holes}
--Flaherty Park-- Watervliet {9 Holes}
--Ira Township Park-- Fair Haven {9 Holes}

-----{If anyone has additional info that should be added to the list, please let me know.}-----

Livonia would be awesome. I am sure there are lots of us that will be happy to help with whatever is needed.

It's going to be a long drawn out process but so worth the wait. I'll start a thread when it gets closer to round up the volunteers and to organize a league.

It's going to be a long drawn out process but so worth the wait. I'll start a thread when it gets closer to round up the volunteers and to organize a league.

Great to hear of a new course in Livonia, nice work.. but..

Please please please get an experienced designer to help you out. There are many in the area that will offer some expertise, myself included.

played a 9 holer in Dorr Michigan at the Salem Twp Hall, according to the dgcr page, it's a 2012 course.

Ira Twp course should be open by the weekend.

That's some great news! I'll actually be out that way this weekend, along with a few of my discin' friends. If it does in fact open, we will have to stop by and throw a round or two!

-Independence Green DGC- Farmington Hills {9/18 Holes}

In early proposal phase.

Location: Grand River and Halsted. Google map: http://bit.ly/NFxuL7

Old ball golf course, 9 baskets being proposed with shared tees. Nice elevation with some very long downhill ace-able par 3's. Clean and absolutely gorgeous. Nice mix of mostly open and somewhat wooded holes, as well as straight, hyzer, anny.

Founders league might want to switch / rotate to this location.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Also, does anyone have a good / cheap / (free??) concrete contact? The initial proposal is only to concrete the baskets. Tee pads will most likely be just painted 4x4 "tee lines" at first.

-Independence Green DGC- Farmington Hills {9/18 Holes}

In early proposal phase.

Location: Grand River and Halsted. Google map: http://bit.ly/NFxuL7

Old ball golf course, 9 baskets being proposed with shared tees. Nice elevation with some very long downhill ace-able par 3's. Clean and absolutely gorgeous. Nice mix of mostly open and somewhat wooded holes, as well as straight, hyzer, anny.

Founders league might want to switch / rotate to this location.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Also, does anyone have a good / cheap / (free??) concrete contact? The initial proposal is only to concrete the baskets. Tee pads will most likely be just painted 4x4 "tee lines" at first.

This is great news. We just setup a safari course here last weekend and it was amazing. We were saying how a permanent course would go great there. The property is owned by an apartment complex so not quite sure how it works. On a positive note it has some elevation and water holes as well as benches and landscaped well.

Last edited:
Great to hear of a new course in Livonia, nice work.. but..

Please please please get an experienced designer to help you out. There are many in the area that will offer some expertise, myself included.

We will defiantly be having a designer involved. Ill keep you posted

Latest posts