• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

The new course in Holland is NOT scheduled to open on June 27, the park is being dedicated/opened June 27. Hopefully the disc golf course will be open early July.
Does anyone know what the new course or park in Holland will be called, or where it is located?

only thing i know is Macatawa River Greenspace. it was formerly the Holland Country Club property. the park supposedly opens june 27. not sure when the course will be completed.

The Gultch in Hamburg MI: NO BASKETS YET (tees have been poured). A3 Disc Golf club has workdays scheduled this weekend Jun 22-23. Please bring gloves and help out if you can.

Course should open in July.

Man, I sure do hope for their sake this design is pretty solid, because that (concrete pads before baskets) is a little bit risky. They have almost zero ability to tweak now that those pads are in. I wonder how/why it worked out that way.. ?

Man, I sure do hope for their sake this design is pretty solid, because that (concrete pads before baskets) is a little bit risky. They have almost zero ability to tweak now that those pads are in. I wonder how/why it worked out that way.. ?

I hear ya' :\ Totally makes sense to put the baskets in first, and let people play the course for at least a few weeks (if not a couple of months) to see how it plays before pouring tee pads. Now, their options are essentially... nada.

I visited the course after work, but didn't really get to see how the holes play because I wasn't dressed to walk through knee high grass in loafers... just wanted to see if it was playable.

Matt from A3 told me Mark Ellis had more than a little to do with the design, so hopefully, it will play nicely as is. Looked like a nice plot of land for a course - wooded with some topography to the land.

Guess we'll see... :popcorn:

I hear ya' :\ Totally makes sense to put the baskets in first, and let people play the course for at least a few weeks (if not a couple of months) to see how it plays before pouring tee pads. Now, their options are essentially... nada.

I visited the course after work, but didn't really get to see how the holes play because I wasn't dressed to walk through knee high grass in loafers... just wanted to see if it was playable.

Matt from A3 told me Mark Ellis had more than a little to do with the design, so hopefully, it will play nicely as is. Looked like a nice plot of land for a course - wooded with some topography to the land.

Guess we'll see... :popcorn:
To my knowledge Mark hasn't even seen it yet.

Bill at CJ's told me months ago (at least 2) about installing the Hamburg course and gave me the impression that they had played the land enough to know exactly where everything was going to go. I can't imagine that they would put the tees in randomly. I can imagine that they tested the layout with practice baskets and flag tees until they got it right.

Bill at CJ's told me months ago (at least 2) about installing the Hamburg course and gave me the impression that they had played the land enough to know exactly where everything was going to go. I can't imagine that they would put the tees in randomly. I can imagine that they tested the layout with practice baskets and flag tees until they got it right.

I get that. I just know from our experiences at Independence Lake that it only helps to take your time with the pad installation - if you can. I love their enthusiasm out there and I hope it works out for the best.

only thing i know is Macatawa River Greenspace. it was formerly the Holland Country Club property. the park supposedly opens june 27. not sure when the course will be completed.

Maybe on an old ball course? Maybe someone on here knows?

Anyone from northern Michigan here? They just put a 9 hole course in at treetops resort. It's not very fun though. Guess that's what happens when some random stoner designs the course lol

Anyone from northern Michigan here? They just put a 9 hole course in at treetops resort. It's not very fun though. Guess that's what happens when some random stoner designs the course lol

Superberry is the UP's premier course designer afaik. Look back a couple pages in his signature to see what he's working on.

Speaking of up north. I have been in touch with a contact at Mc Sauba. They are looking at getting the tee signs in the ground in the next week or two and have an opening party on July 20. I am getting up that way over the fourth and will definately stop by and play what is in. This used to be a great ski hill course, I am excited to see all the work those guys have done here.

Hudson Mills Original: Closed 6/29/13

Just a heads up in case anyone might think about playing there next Sat.
Hudson Mills Original Course will be closed for one day, Sat, 6/29/13 as park preps for their fireworks show. Monster Course will be available for play.

I've noted this in Course Conditions. Please feel free to update course conditions, if you play there before then, but kindly include the comment in until after the 29th.

I'd hate for someone to make a long drive with the expectation of playing both courses, only to find out they picked the one stinkin' day of the year when you can't hit 'em both. :thmbdown: :mad: :wall:

Feel free to call the park office at 734-426-8211 if you feel the need to confirm.

The ribbon cutting/grand opening of the Macatawa Greenspace (old Holland Country Club) is today from 4-8pm. The entrance is off Paw Paw Dr, next to the VFW. The baskets were installed Tuesday, and the course should be ready for play tomorrow. The course is set on an old ball golf course and features nice ponds, a river, and great rolling greens. The high grass and rough is very rough so bring a spotter if you can, and keep two eyes on your drives. The course is easy to navigate and has some of the best tee signs I have ever seen. Enjoy!

Clear Lake State Park

The Memory, at Clear Lake State Park just north of Atlanta is now open and playable. 9 holes and universally accessible, it is able to be enjoyed by people of all abilities. Still has some finish work to do on it, but it is open and playable.

I added Macatawa Greenspace to the site, I will try to get some photos this weekend. Enjoy another great Dischigan course!

Wildwood, the new course at Deerfield in Mt pleasant, got the baskets installed on sunday the 30th. All 36 tee pads are cement. The course is playable (I played it last night) but you will need to get the map or someone local to show you the course if you want to navigate it. They will be putting navigation signs up today or tomorrow I believe. They are also having a tourney this weekend! Signed up for it, my first tourney!

Anyone know how to get a new course page?

Last edited: