• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

I heard something about another course going in in Sterling Heights but cannot remember the name of the park

Positive rumblings from Belle Isle today, but nothing to announce... yet...

Let's all send positive vibes to the BI DNR team.

Oh, and work days Saturday and Sunday this weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/events/304083886415816/

Any news is great news. I would love to see the info from facebook posted on Disc Golf Scene as well. For those of us not doing the facebook thing. Great things happening out on the island. I cannot hardly wait for this gem to become a reality. I will try to make it out there on Sun.

Anyone able to tell me when Jcc will be gettin the concrete pads? And or some garbage cans? The last 4 times I've been there this yr I keep picking up garbage on the same holes... I keep thinking that maybe i'll be able to clean a couple more holes each week I play,but I end up cleaning the same holes. It's kinda sad people can't pick up after themselves...thanks.

Got some inside info on JCC for you. The club has been working with the college to restore the course and finally install quality signage and concrete pads. A formal layout was made, submitted and approved by the college and the work was ready to begin in May 2014. Then we received an email from the college in the end of April that halted everything. :thmbdown:

The college was always going to add a 3rd Dorm building on campus, plan was for it to go right behind the existing 2 dorms. However the email we received supplied us with the new plan to build the 3rd dorm right in the middle of Hole #3 fairway. (500+ ft hole by parking lot, plays along driveway road). So all the plans had to be scrapped and start from scratch.

The plan now is to move a couple of the holes out of the way (#3, #4 and #5) and play them differently so construction and the new dorm does not interfere with the course. A couple baskets will be moved and new (temp) signs will be installed to make the course easier to navigate. But the concrete pads are on hold until they finalize a few other campus projects.

The college wants to add a prep school in the next few years and plans to build it basically on Hole #7.
They also want to add a road that connects one side of campus with the other, it would run behind the existing dorms and probably interfere with Hole #1 and #2 as well.

Given that the college is in a state of change it does not make sense to install concrete pads that may need to be torn up and or moved in a year. Discussing doing concrete pavers as a short term fix that can be relocated if and when the college decides to do some more construction. Not the news any of us wanted to hear or share, but it is what it is.

going to play boyne/boyne/charlevoix/petoskey/harbor springs/harbor springs monday and tuesday if anyone wants to hang...
shoot me a PM.

also, might add that stinker in mackinaw city if I have time...
probably will.

Change in plans. I'm gonna start monday morning in Sault Ste Marie, then to Silver Mountain in St Ignace then turbine pines, BlissFest and the Crowle Hole in harbor springs.

Tuesday: River Road in Petoskey, Mt McSauba, Avalanche Park and Boyne Mountain before I head home.

Anyone wanna throw? Let me know.

^^FWIW, I got all of that done.
the UP trip is set for june 21/22nd...
15 to go...

JCC Update. The baskets have been moved on a couple of holes to make way for construction of Dorm #3 on the campus. No longer a "Community" college as they are now going by Jackson College.
- New map has been uploaded to the course page on DGCR, please print and bring with.
- Hole #'s will be changed shortly to reflect the new starting hole (done on new map)
- Temp tee signs will be going in soon to buy time while permanent signs are being made. (ongoing)
- Hole #'s on basket poles will need to be fixed (ongoing)

All changes made were due to the construction projects that the College is doing. Not wanting to lose the course completely the Club did the best with the limited room given to the course to keep it an 18 hole course. Will do what I can to post and keep the updates coming as they happen. Thanks!

JCC Update. The baskets have been moved on a couple of holes to make way for construction of Dorm #3 on the campus. No longer a "Community" college as they are now going by Jackson College.
- New map has been uploaded to the course page on DGCR, please print and bring with.
- Hole #'s will be changed shortly to reflect the new starting hole (done on new map)
- Temp tee signs will be going in soon to buy time while permanent signs are being made. (ongoing)
- Hole #'s on basket poles will need to be fixed (ongoing)

All changes made were due to the construction projects that the College is doing. Not wanting to lose the course completely the Club did the best with the limited room given to the course to keep it an 18 hole course. Will do what I can to post and keep the updates coming as they happen. Thanks!
Thanks for posting - made it out there to play once, but never reviewed it.
Maybe after the dust settles there, we can meet for a round on the new layout.

Speaking of college courses, I need to get a handle on what's happening at OU/Grizzly Oaks and when they expect that to be playable again.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting - made it out there to play once, but never reviewed it.
Maybe after the dust settles there, we can meet for a round on the new layout.

Speaking of college courses, I need to get a handle on what's happening at OU/Grizzly Oaks and when they expect that to be playable again.

we drove by there last month, its nothing more than a dirt pit at the moment. it'll be a while

Change in plans. I'm gonna start monday morning in Sault Ste Marie, then to Silver Mountain in St Ignace then turbine pines, BlissFest and the Crowle Hole in harbor springs.

Tuesday: River Road in Petoskey, Mt McSauba, Avalanche Park and Boyne Mountain before I head home.

A couple of these courses are fun... I'm originally from Cheboygan so I know these courses. Hopefully you didn't miss Rotary Hills in Gaylord, the long course especially. Probably the best course in the area. Avalanche is pretty cool too, incredible view at the top. Bummed I couldnt be around to go on the trip with ya!

I would tell you to skip Sault Ste Marie. The course isn't even playable. The grass will probably be up to your waste if not higher. Unless they changed it... but in the 3 years in a row I played it nothing got changed.

I did play it. only 1-10 were "on" the ground. yeah, it was pretty much a chitshow

any updates on Grand Isle?

The grand isle park is still a work In progress. The township was having the wetlands expanded in the park before any course work/layout could happen. The good news is the wetland expansion is almost complete. The hold up now is getting final approval from the township and raising funds. As soon as any real work is set to begin ill put some info out.

Last edited:
The grand isle park is still a work In progress. The township was having the wetlands expanded in the park before any course work/layout could happen. The good news is the wetland expansion is almost complete. The hold up now is getting final approval from the township and raising funds. As soon as any real work is set to begin ill put some info out.

Please keep us posted. I'm really anxious for a new course in GR.:clap:

Latest posts