• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

Played both Orc Hall and Holton DGC yesterday, neither of which left a lasting impression. My reviews are posted.

intended to post this yesterday. there are no baskets in the ground at cascade.

intended to post this yesterday. there are no baskets in the ground at cascade.
Still? From my home I think I can see the skid marks the township of Cascade is leaving as they drag their heels putting the baskets back in.

great to hear about OU. Its seemed like forever since they have had it under construction. Wonder what it looks like?

Just got back from OU. I'm having extremely mixed emotions. I'll post a review at some point today. I wasn't happy playing it at all. I have to figure out how to weigh in danger into the overall rating. A ton of the holes are extremely close to each other with some baskets and tee pads being very close to each other. If that course ever gets busy, there will guaranteed be discs flying at you at all times on the new holes

Just got back from OU. I'm having extremely mixed emotions. I'll post a review at some point today. I wasn't happy playing it at all. I have to figure out how to weigh in danger into the overall rating. A ton of the holes are extremely close to each other with some baskets and tee pads being very close to each other. If that course ever gets busy, there will guaranteed be discs flying at you at all times on the new holes

Dang! OU always got busy back in the day. Is the entire course changed or what?

Dang! OU always got busy back in the day. Is the entire course changed or what?

Half is the same, half is different. It starts on the old hole 4 which is shortened but still a good hole. The new holes really ticked me off. The old holes that remained were still good. Now I have to rack my memory on which ones were which. I took some pics that I'll upload. No idea of distances on the holes. Nothing is marked except the baskets have correct number plates on them.

I posted my review of Grizzly. I gave it a 2. I feel like it could be a harsh rating, but I guess, to me, the dangers of extremely close fairways and baskets/tees, and the horrific teepads killed it for me. Also, the fact that most of the new holes are filler putter shots. The tees/baskets/fairways at Firefighters are way farther apart than those at Grizzly, if that gives you an idea how close they are

Update: our private Ann Arbor course, BRATS- has 9 new holes in the ground and the Throw Shop Throw Down tournament tomorrow, Sunday Oct. 4th is open to all.
Registration 8-9:30am, no more chance of rain is forecast for at least registration-end of day!
Field cap- 55
30$ Ams/40$ Pro, lunch included.
5171 Waters Rd, Ann Arbor.
We'll be playing 18 regular course, followed by 9 new holes, including a 780' par 5.

Not a "new" course update, but I got out to River Bends today and wow was I surprised! There has been a ton of work done on the course. There are now tee posts and next tee posts everywhere. Navigation is no longer a nightmare! The fairways were mowed too! It's probably the first time that I've ever seen the fairways mowed. The course will still suck in the wet months and after a bunch of rain, but overall, I'm back to really loving this course

I updated my review of the course from 2010. I give River Bends an absolute solid 4 rating now. The redesign is really good. I'm almost wondering if the course should get a new page since it was redesigned, had holes added, subtracted, and moved. The page was updated with more holes and pictures last year, but the changes and improvements are vast.

Not a "new" course update, but I got out to River Bends today and wow was I surprised! There has been a ton of work done on the course. There are now tee posts and next tee posts everywhere. Navigation is no longer a nightmare! The fairways were mowed too! It's probably the first time that I've ever seen the fairways mowed. The course will still suck in the wet months and after a bunch of rain, but overall, I'm back to really loving this course

I updated my review of the course from 2010. I give River Bends an absolute solid 4 rating now. The redesign is really good. I'm almost wondering if the course should get a new page since it was redesigned, had holes added, subtracted, and moved. The page was updated with more holes and pictures last year, but the changes and improvements are vast.

Agreed. With navigation solved, most tee pads in great shape and a redesigned, this course is back to its former glory. Great time of the year to visit it as well. Dry and no bugs! :hfive:

We (Mason County Disc Golf Org.) are looking into a possibility of a new course. When details come together a bit more finalized I'll post. Because its what Ludington needs....more disc golf!

Not a new course update. Meyer Broadway in Three Rivers has had continuous improvement following Worlds. Fairways have been mowed wider than ever so the long disc catching grass is almost a non-issue. Basket on #7 North (scummy pond hole) is now beyond the pond. Hole is 54' longer and more difficult. "Plateaued" green on #9 North should finally be finished soon, probably after this weekend. "Island" of Russian Olives short of #12 North have been removed. Flags in baskets on #10 and #15 South eliminate walks to locate baskets. #13 South short tee cleared a little so tee shot isn't quite as tight. Plans are to build a bridge AND steps across the valley and up the hill on #6 South.

Awesome stuff Tim! Looking forward to getting back there :) ... and getting revenge on that monster back 9

Cascade Community has the baskets back in with the new layout!

Ev7BEbz.png

Just got out of the hospital, so I have little strength to play it, but I'm pretty stoked to try the new design!

The new layout at Cascade is horrible. There is a lot of walking from hole to hole, a couple of crisscrossing holes, too many baskets are too close to where people are going to be in harms way, hole #4s basket is on a slope near the entrance road (a terrible placement for my style of throwing), I could go on about the things I do not like about this course.

There is only one hole that I really like and that is hole #11: the tee is situated atop the hill, near to where the basket for old hole #15 used to be, and you are throwing back toward where #15s tee used to be. The basket is located in the midst of the trees at the base of the hill.

Even though I'm not a fan of the new layout, I will likely play it to get away from the crowds at the other "GR" courses. So 1 out of 18 isn't... Nope, I was going to try but I just can't put a silver lining on this one.

It could have been so much better if the township had used the layout submitted by a friend of mine. As it stands I consider it complete failure to utilize the property intelligently. :thmbdown:

Latest posts