• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

I'm getting lots of calls from people wanting to know when the new Emac designed course in Gladstone will open, and I've been asking for an update from the club (Noc Bay Flyers), but I've been ignored so far. For a hole sponsor not to be able to get any information is a little disturbing. Now I see they are deleting any FB post asking the same questions, so they're being deceptive for some reason. As far as what I've been able to find out on my own, pads and sleeves have been in for several weeks now and signs have been ordered. Apparently when the signs are installed and the fairways are mowed (they are covered in ferns now) they'll have a soft open with a tournament to follow, probably in the spring as they are running out of time for a grand opening event this year.

PSA for all my Michigan Peeps:

Hart Hydro is an abomination of a disc golf course. Don't waste your time here.

Seconded. We played it once and decided that it was a good thing Flip was only 20 minutes away, because we're never going to play Hydro again. I appreciate the enthusiasm of Eagle Scouts wanting to put courses in the ground, but this is the poster child for why you should really have a qualified designer do the routing.

Seconded. We played it once and decided that it was a good thing Flip was only 20 minutes away, because we're never going to play Hydro again. I appreciate the enthusiasm of Eagle Scouts wanting to put courses in the ground, but this is the poster child for why you should really have a qualified designer do the routing.

What's really frustrating to me is all the land they have in the north end of the park to use looks great for disc golf so it's unnecessary to cram all these holes in the space they used. On top of that, some of the holes completely on their own are brilliantly designed. And there's some elements that could have been used better to make the DG so much more interesting. Like on #18 you could call all the concrete as a hazard or OB.

The hole 13 and 14 complex of stupidity is something that left me awestruck in the horrible layout category. "I climbed that nasty a$$ed hill on 12 for THIS?!" I have not seen such poor layout since my unfortunate visit to Hughes in Hudsonville.

New niner, located about 20 min south of Battle Creek:

1) I hope the rough isn't too bad.
2) Be careful posting any course pics. :|

That's awesome.

Nudist discin' is next level stuff! :cool: :eek: :popcorn: :p

Does anyone have any information about 'The Breakers' DGC in Holland, Mi? It can be google searched, even has a 5 star review. Course address according to google is: 15020 Stanton Holland Mi 49460 (More West Olive area FWIW)

Does anyone have any information about 'The Breakers' DGC in Holland, Mi? It can be google searched, even has a 5 star review. Course address according to google is: 15020 Stanton Holland Mi 49460 (More West Olive area FWIW)

Heard good things about it. Closer to Grand Haven than Holland though.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=714348328903910

They have a Facebook page for it. I could be wrong but I believe the same guy who designed Leviathan designed this course - Jim Schultz...but don't hold me to it though...

New course being proposed in Marquette county.

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com...olf-course-coming-to-KI-Sawyer-491063331.html

There's still a news blackout on the Gladstone course, pads and sleeves have been in for some time but apparently they are waiting for signs and not answering ANY questions.

Wow Marquette is really gonna be a destination for me. I can't keep up - coming over there in October for the UP State Championship and I still have yet to play/learn Old Town course and now there's gonna be a 4th? Wow!!! Pretty sweet!!!

What in the Galaxy???

Hickory Hills is currently RIP'd!?

Looks like the Course was only Temporarily closed, Hopefully

Wow Marquette is really gonna be a destination for me. I can't keep up - coming over there in October for the UP State Championship and I still have yet to play/learn Old Town course and now there's gonna be a 4th? Wow!!! Pretty sweet!!!
Actually, it's the 7th if you count Eagle Rock, Al Quaal and U.P. bible camp, all nine holers. Age protected and FAs will be playing three rounds at Eagle Rock for Yooper States while the rest of you play Old Town. HMU if you're in Marquette, I'll come up and throw a round with you.

Actually, it's the 7th if you count Eagle Rock, Al Quaal and U.P. bible camp, all nine holers. Age protected and FAs will be playing three rounds at Eagle Rock for Yooper States while the rest of you play Old Town. HMU if you're in Marquette, I'll come up and throw a round with you.

Forgot about Eagle - remember seeing it listed on this site but never got to checking it out. Yeah for sure, I need to take a practice trip here soon.

I ran across a new 9 holer in Goodrich at Victory World Outreach. I walked the course with my wife and took pics. As of right now, the hole distances that I listed are only estimates based on Google Maps measuring what I remember to be tee locations. I'll try and get out there with GPS to get a little more accurate. The baskets are new, but look terrible. Some sort of cross chain short practice baskets. They seem even lower end than the Hive Cross Chain baskets. But, hey, they're baskets to throw at!

Overall, without playing the course yet, I actually liked the layout for a little church course if you don't factor in the parking lots and ball field. If there are church functions and/or ball games, the course would be dangerous, as there are a few shots that definitely travel over the ball field and parking lots.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=10026

What in the Galaxy???

Hickory Hills is currently RIP'd!?

Looks like the Course was only Temporarily closed, Hopefully

A couple posts on DGS from 8/8.

i know it is still fully playable with the construction, just tough to navigate since a bunch of the holes have been moved or removed. Best bet is to find a local to show you around, my buddy went up last month and walked off because it was too much of a pain to find the next hole

Most of the holes are playable. Construction is still going on. There are orange NEXT TEE signs to help with navigation. There is also a map available at Tilley's. All distances on tee signs are correct.

Bald Mountain has baskets in! Teepads are just marked with sticks right now, more work to come.

FB Link: HERE

For those without FB:

Attention Disc Golfers! The news you've been waiting for is finally here....all baskets are in and the course is now open for play! We have marked tentative tee locations with stakes on all holes, but be aware these are tentative and will probably change. I will hopefully have basic scorecards out tomorrow, these are bare bones-no par or footage yet as they are still being determined.

Also, this course is brand new, we will be working hard to level tee areas and remove trip hazards in the weeks to come, so please be aware of your surroundings on the course. We look forward to seeing you out and hearing your thoughts on the course!

Latest posts