• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

I haven't seen it mentioned here - but I believe as of this last week Bald Mountain is completely in the ground. All tees, all baskets - 18 holes.

I'm definitely gonna try to get up there later this month and check it out.

Note: Don't try to check it out on Sunday morning, full course tournament.

I haven't seen it mentioned here - but I believe as of this last week Bald Mountain is completely in the ground. All tees, all baskets - 18 holes.

I'm definitely gonna try to get up there later this month and check it out.

Note: Don't try to check it out on Sunday morning, full course tournament.

John Minicuci 11 hours ago
The course is not complete and yet and was not going to be competed last weekend. We did work on the course and progress is being made.

Not sure what that means exactly, but that is what I found.

Not sure what that means exactly, but that is what I found.
****! FAKE NEWS

I also missed this post from Dougie Mac indicating that they may have been in, but no longer are:
Douglas McIntosh 4 days ago
The baskets were put in last weekend , they took off the chains while trimming the course, it hopes they would not get hit with discs will using chainsaws , it's very easy to navigate the new holes and play them

BTW - John Minicuci has confirmed on DGScene that the baskets are in at Bald Mountain and the course has 18 playable holes as of this past Saturday.

Exchange on DGScene said:
Random Person: Are the baskets in yet? I know the bottoms were when I was there thursday

John: Yes. There is a tournament there all day Sunday but the course, albeit there is still more to do, has a full 18 now.

Anyone hit the new holes at Bald yet and wanna give their thoughts on the new stuff?

I'll be up there Saturday. Excited to see what they're up to. I assume that the local crew working on it isnt necessarily done with all the holes, but excited to see what they're adding to what was already a very fun track.

Anyone hit the new holes at Bald yet and wanna give their thoughts on the new stuff?

I'll be up there Saturday. Excited to see what they're up to. I assume that the local crew working on it isnt necessarily done with all the holes, but excited to see what they're adding to what was already a very fun track.

Thinking about getting out there this weekend, as well. Keep us posted.

Sneak Peak event at Kiwanis Outdoor Center in Battle Creek. Got the first 12 holes cut in and playable, long and short! Saturday the 27th from 9-5.

If you don't make it out tomorrow the course should be open late summer/early fall. Rumor is baskets are in country so hopefully can start working on getting stuff installed in June.

https://www.discgolfscene.com/tourn...enter_Fundraiser_Tournament_2023/registration

Sneak Peak event at Kiwanis Outdoor Center in Battle Creek. Got the first 12 holes cut in and playable, long and short! Saturday the 27th from 9-5.

If you don't make it out tomorrow the course should be open late summer/early fall. Rumor is baskets are in country so hopefully can start working on getting stuff installed in June.

https://www.discgolfscene.com/tourn...enter_Fundraiser_Tournament_2023/registration

Outstanding, can't wait to make it over there and check both Kiwanis and the new Kimball Pines layout too! I played the old pre-storm Kimball Pines many times. I once saw Al Schack and Todd Branch throwing 400' putter drives for practice along the main road. Glad to see it reborn!

Great work. Hey, can you shoot me some info on hole sponsorship? I will bring the info to Ann Arbor Area Disc [A3] and we could discuss sponsorship. Good luck with the fundraiser and opening. I look forward to getting out there.

Acorn Hills, a private pay to play "dual" course is now open in Manistee! It's open on Sundays and Mondays and is $5 to play all day. I was extremely lucky to play the first ever round with the owner a few weeks back. It took him three years to create and he had never played a full round himself till that day. Needless to say, the course is incredible. Probably the best course in West Michigan between Flip City to the south and Hickory Hills to the north. A must stop if in the area!

https://udisc.com/courses/acorn-hills-fox-squirrel-E9y1

Thinking about getting out there this weekend, as well. Keep us posted.
Find your way there?

The new holes were an adventure. But they're very playable. We ran through the shorts and the longs on Saturday, and overall I just got annihilated after a strong 9 hole start first round.

One thing is for sure - the UDisc distances are WAY off, especially obvious when you put them next to the map John Minicuci posted on DGScene. Like on hole 11 I was trying to get the pop to get the disc there and probably wouldn't have even tried had I known the actual distance was 70 further. Maybe I woulda been semi-accurate on that one. lol.

In general the new holes are pretty great. Only downsides to playing them are the usual with new holes....
1. If you get off the fairway, good luck finding a path into the woods to go retrieve/find your disc.
2. There's some poison ivy on the new fairways. So just walking the course there's a chance you'll brush up on some. Gotta be diligent about where you step.

I was up at Wild Haven (Manton, MI) for a couple of days over the holiday. Wildman seems to have rebounded well from some health issues in the last couple of years and is hard at it redoing a bunch of the newer back "Little Bigfoot" course. It's not ready yet but he gave me the okay to mention that he's planning on getting it back up and going.

The original "Yetisburg" is fully playable and open. There is one new pin placement on Hole #6 next to the freeway due to erosion. The basket is now tucked into a grove of trees on the right and makes that upshot more interesting, in my opinion. This also brings the O.B. property fence closer to the action there.

He is installing some sort of dock material as alternate tees all over the place too, in addition to the cement long tees Yetisburg already features.

TLDR, the original 18 at Wild Haven is open and in good playable condition right now and the township is allowing camping once again. He has his donation yellow tube there, and if he's on site he has a nice pro shop there too for your perusal. Any questions, of course, contact him.

Last edited:
I was up at Wild Haven (Manton, MI) for a couple of days over the holiday. Wildman seems to have rebounded well from some health issues in the last couple of years and is hard at it redoing a bunch of the newer back "Little Bigfoot" course. It's not ready yet but he gave me the okay to mention that he's planning on getting it back up and going.

The original "Yetisburg" is fully playable and open. There is one new pin placement on Hole #6 next to the freeway due to erosion. The basket is now tucked into a grove of trees on the right and makes that upshot more interesting, in my opinion. This also brings the O.B. property fence closer to the action there.

He is installing some sort of dock material as alternate tees all over the place too, in addition to the cement long tees Yetisburg already features.

TLDR, the original 18 at Wild Haven is open and in good playable condition right now and the township is allowing camping once again. He has his donation yellow tube there, and if he's on site he has a nice pro shop there too for your perusal. Any questions, of course, contact him.

Glad to hear Mike is doing well. He is a good guy. I have a wedding up in Gaylord in a couple weeks, I might put WH on my itinerary.