• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mid-Atlantic Meet '12 @ Hawk Hollow - Sept 21-23

Do you plan on attending?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^I'm trying to get a few of Spotsy members to come I think I have one or two that want to do it.

There's a SMALL chance I get to this. Depends on how a few things go over the next couple of weeks. It's unlikely though.

So far it looks like somewhere < 20 people camping. I'll still volunteer to do waffles Sunday morning if you want. Just keep me posted on the final numbers.

Questions for Biscoe and Jrawk

A question for John -

Where is the closest establishment to order a keg of beer from? And are they open on Sunday's to return the empty keg?

I want to hold true to my promise to bring a keg of beer to the Mid-Atlantic Meet. My dilemma is keeping the keg cold on my 2.5 hour road trip down to Hawk Hollow.

Question for Jerry -

I also need to know the final count of attendees so I can determine if I should get a 1/4 keg (4.5 cases) or a 1/2 keg (9 cases).

Looking forward to play with you guys!

we're up to 30 right now. I'll post the updated list later tonight along with actual photos of the new shirt colors.

A question for John -

Where is the closest establishment to order a keg of beer from? And are they open on Sunday's to return the empty keg?

I want to hold true to my promise to bring a keg of beer to the Mid-Atlantic Meet. My dilemma is keeping the keg cold on my 2.5 hour road trip down to Hawk Hollow.

Question for Jerry -

I also need to know the final count of attendees so I can determine if I should get a 1/4 keg (4.5 cases) or a 1/2 keg (9 cases).

Looking forward to play with you guys!

It depends who the 30 people are. We had some people who could really pound the beer.

Haha Gingerbeer will get you messed up....if you are underage and no one tells you there is no alcohol in it :)

In lieu of a 1/4 keg (the equivalent of 108 12oz beers), I could always just bring 4 - 5 cases of different kinds of beer and throw it in a 'community cooler'. It is easier to transport, no need to return empty keg or tap, and more diversity in beer type.

What say you guys? Will this work?

If you get the keg and can't take it back on Sunday I will volunteer to take it back on Monday and send you any deposit refund.

Minus a small Service Handling Fee....:D

If you get the keg and can't take it back on Sunday I will volunteer to take it back on Monday and send you any deposit refund.

Minus a small Service Handling Fee....:D

What kind of beer would you like with your NY Strip that I am preparing for you on Saturday night? Or should I bring a bottle of red wine?

What kind of beer would you like with your NY Strip that I am preparing for you on Saturday night? Or should I bring a bottle of red wine?

I don't really drink much anymore. Maybe a beer once or twice a year so if I have one I'll just grab something out of the cooler.

While I love drinking beer from a keg I think if bottles are easier then go with the bottles. It's not like anyone is going to complain. The only drawback is all the empty bottles. I'm sure none of us will intentionally litter, but things happen and now there's a load of sticky bottles to deal with. Just a thought.

@Kevin, is there any type of side dish or dessert that you like? I know we've got the steak covered but I can bake as well as I cook so give me something to make, please.

And for all cooks - I'll be bringing a camp oven. Feel free to use.

Is there any type of side dish or dessert that you like? I know we've got the steak covered but I can bake as well as I cook so give me something to make, please.

Baked potatoes to go with the steak... I'll bring some monster spuds to throw in the oven. As far as desserts maybe some kind of cobbler.

i would suggest bottles rather than keg- we are out in the sticks a bit here plus the dump is basically across the street so i have no problem taking away the trash. disc golfers have historically done a great job of cleaning up after themselves at HH- it is one of the reasons the course continues to exist.