• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mid Range Question

I feel like a guy named a buzz and a beer with a favorite disc as buzzz might not have the most objective opinion on the buzzz.

pask2155 said:
So what I am hearing is buzz is a good choice. The comet is for more skilled players. But where does the buzz ss come in at? Maybe that might be a good choice? But if so what's the difference between that and the comet. Both have a rating of 0 turn
I don't know if I'd say the Comet is for more skilled players, but it is an absolutely fantastic learning tool for new disc golfers. It can handle distances between 10' and over 300', flying flat and straight the whole way, assuming your throw is clean. If your throw isn't clean, it'll tell you instantly by flipping over. That's what makes it such a great tool, because you know it's you causing it to flip when it flips. A DX Leopard for example will develop a natural turn very early, and there's almost nothing you can do about it, that's just the way it flies. The Comet naturally flies straight, so any deviation from that is your doing. It might be harder for actual disc golf, but it's a magnificent disc to learn how to throw.

Frank Delicious said:
A star shark can be thrown way past 240' without flipping. That was all you.
Even a DX Shark can be thrown way past 240' without flipping. Assuming it isn't broken or something.

My Comet record with a flat release without flipping is 350' in mild rear wind and 340' in calm weather. That Shark was bogus i can't say anything about the rest because i've only thrown one other once less than 100'.