• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mid-Range with an "s" curve

Bager45

Bogey Member
Im looking for a list of 3 mid-range discs that have a very wicked S curve. i normally use fairway drivers but i really want to get some mid-ranges to round out my arsenal and i want something that gives a good s trail

I have used a Gator and a Drone to manage S-curve work. They are so overstable, they bend back nicely after an extreme anny or flick launch. I assume that's what you're looking for? I just picked up a Ti Wasp as well, which is supposed to have some good overstable characteristics. But I haven't thrown it enough to really know. For a shallower, smoother S, any mid that fades a bit can provide a nice S if you power down a little and choose a nice line.

Check out Joe's flight chart at GGGT, or look at any disc website. Find something with some turn.

Can't expect people to make lists for you of basic info that's readily available a hundred different ways.

It depends on how you throw. Are you looking for something that is under stable that will come back eventually or do you want a over stable disc that will fade back after putting anhyser on it. In my experience with some midranges is that they'll get under stable after some time. Which is normal and sometime nice depending on the shot. IMO the buzzz is one of the best all around midranges.

if you looking for something if thrown hard and flat that will bank right hard then come back hard you looking for a Gateway Element X

You can throw any stable midrange (Drone, Gator) on a typical S-curve, and flippy midranges like Stingrays are great for S-curves on hyzer-flips.

A beat GL Core fills that roll very well (the flat ones). Throw it with some hyzer and it will flip and start to turn, at the end of it's flight it will start ro fade back. Really god for s-shots type shots. It's a bit less HS then a Buzzz. For flex shots I use a Sanny Q-Sent works great.

You could really list any disc here, like others have said. What you are describing is a a disc skill you haven't learned yet. Just stick with a neutral mid and learn how to work nose angles, hyzer angles and release velocity to yeild you an s flight.

ive been looking at a roc and a stingray for a few weeks, i tried a rock today and i dont like how it throws. i used to have a shark and a warrior but i sold those, i think i might go with a buzzz or a stingray, thanks for the input guys:thmbup: