• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Midrange help.

wakefield724

I need to find another solid mid. I throw a latitude 64 claymore and love it but it's impossible to replace so Id like a disc like it, maybe just a hint more OS. I tried the roc, buzz, wasp but wasn't a fan of the feel. I ike the claymore because it's so thin. I also love the plastic. It's like a beat in star. I want a mid with little to no bead like the claymore, flexy feel and light, and goes straight. Any suggestions

I'm sort of surprised you didn't like the Buzzz since it doesn't have a bead and is pretty different feeling from the Wasp IMO. I throw both.

Maybe a Truth? Shark? I think it might be thicker then you want, but no bead?

Heavier Lat64 Core is basically the same thing, slightly more stable. Same glide and all. If you find a heavy one, this is what you want.

I haven't thrown Buzzzes much but the worn ESP I tried flew essentially the same as the Claymore. Just don't like the feel in hand?

A Shark won't have nearly the glide of the Claymore, and it will have more fade. I find the Shark nearly the exact same as a Roc, but with a bit less HSS when you crush them.

Good thing I liked how that Buzzz flew for me...maybe I'll be switching to those for the future then.

It's an awful lot like a Warship, might try one and see how you like it. The vip is (usually) a little more hss than the gl but it won't have that softer feel to it. If you can find a star San Marino Roc you might like that a lot, too. Still shallow, star gets nice with age, and great stability with not too much more fade than the Claymore, pretty nice glide for an Innova disc, too. I love Cores and some are pretty close to stable but if you need hss then they won't hold up under power or with too much wind...Warship does better there. Pretty impressed with the Truth, too, but I've only got to throw them a few times. What's up with the Claymore, did they scrap it? I thought they were releasing it like...about right now...after the summer games.

The Axiom Alias might be worth looking at. Incredibly straight with a touch of fade at the end, and the profile is a little different than most straight mids. Fairly shallow rim, comfortable flat top and a predictable flight.

Legacy Gauge would be worth checking out. It is straight and long. The rim isn't quite as wide as a Truth/Buzz which might be more comfortable for you.

"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Legacy Gauge would be worth checking out. It is straight and long. The rim isn't quite as wide as a Truth/Buzz which might be more comfortable for you.

"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

I tried logging on to DGR last night and I was amazed to see the lack of rocs, wizards and TB's in his sig :p

I've been digging the Cro, flies like a Roc but the smaller diameter and beardless rim are great for my grip.

Rocs are really good,but you said you don't like the feel of them. Trust me though once you do get use to them you will love a Roc. I have way too many

Latest posts