• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Minimalist Bag

Jbultman

Birdie Member
Looking for a minimalist bag to carry. Prefer backpack style or over the opposite shoulder satchel style. Looking to carry at most 5/6 discs.

Suggestions...

I have a Reptilian Gecko bag. Well made, great colors and the owner is a regular poster on DGCR. It sounds like the new version should be out soon.

I have a Reptilian Gecko bag. Well made, great colors and the owner is a regular poster on DGCR. It sounds like the new version should be out soon.

The Gecko is such a great minimalist bag. Durable, comfortable, affordable, everything you want in a small bag.

Whoops. I didn't know they weren't available. I believe I read that Gecko 2.0 is coming out soon though.

I think the Focus is the only basckpack style small bag you're going to get. You could do quad straps on a variety of bags though. I suggest something like the nutsac and add a strap to the back of it that you can loop into your belt or just strap to your waist. It will help with weight distribution and make it so you can easily throw with the bag on. If there is an Army surplus store near you, you can sometimes find a gas mask bag with this second strap. They are the perfect size and easily modified.

IMO if you want a quality small bag Gorilla Boy's Spider Monkey is it. If you want cheap, Lightning has one I that I like. I keep one filled with almost retirees in the work truck just in case.

is there a way to attach some GOOD backpack straps onto one of these tiny bags?

So, would the shift fall into the minimalist bag category. And if so, how would you rank it next to the grip c series. Which, I believe is definitely in the minimalist bag category.

I love my grip, but would be willing to try an upper park cause so many people like them.

Looking for a minimalist bag to carry. Prefer backpack style or over the opposite shoulder satchel style. Looking to carry at most 5/6 discs.

Suggestions...

On Amazon they sell some like the Salient Discs one the smaller one but this holds about 18-20. Also Upper parks has a small backpack one that holds like 10 discs max Also Innova makes some bags smaller bags that can handle the clip on disc golf backpack straps. I think the Upper Parks one is the best bet.

Last edited:
I think the Focus is the only basckpack style small bag you're going to get. You could do quad straps on a variety of bags though. I suggest something like the nutsac and add a strap to the back of it that you can loop into your belt or just strap to your waist. It will help with weight distribution and make it so you can easily throw with the bag on....

:confused:

A backpack seems overkill for 5 to 6 discs. I think the Focus is the smallest you'll find, but you'll still have 4 or 5 empty slots. Better than quads on a satchel style bag.
Or if you don't mind going messenger bag over the shoulder, Fossa's Zoma.

Slingshot

Not sure why this one isn't getting more attention.

Attachments

• slingshot1.jpg
    slingshot1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 36
  • slingshot2.jpg
    slingshot2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts