• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Miramar Beach, Florida vacation, first week of October

UKfan

Eagle Member
I am going with the family for a vacation the first week of October at Miramar Beach, Florida. Where are the best disc golf courses in reasonable distance from that area?

:popcorn:

I have checked the reviews of the courses nearby and the reviews are not encouraging?

I'm not sure where Mirimar Beach is. Is it By Jacksonville?

Found it! Thats a little bit out of my area of expertise, but it looks like there are two 18 hole courses within 15 miles, with average ratings of 3 and 3.5. They are not going to be like the courses up north. Keep an open mind, and you should have some fun playing them!

Ah yes, the Redneck Riviera. I lived in the Panhandle for several years and I can tell you that if you are willing to take some time to drive over to P-Cola, you will find that the Oaks/Palmetto courses are well worth the trip. Lots of sand and very minimal elevation, but they are the best within the area.

Ferry Park in FWB is probably the closest but you might have to contend with some of that Hi-way 98/Destin traffic, and that can be a real pain. Ferry Park isnt all that special (IMO) and you might find that all you need is a putter and a midrange on that course.

I didnt get a chance to play the newest course they have down there in Freeport (ChainDragon) the last time I was down there, so you might wanna just check out the reviews on that one.

FWB does have a disc golf store down there called Key Chains Bike & Disc that should have anything you need as far as DG goes. If you stop in and see Rhonda, tell her I sent ya.:thmbup:

Ah yes, the Redneck Riviera. I lived in the Panhandle for several years and I can tell you that if you are willing to take some time to drive over to P-Cola, you will find that the Oaks/Palmetto courses are well worth the trip. Lots of sand and very minimal elevation, but they are the best within the area.

Ferry Park in FWB is probably the closest but you might have to contend with some of that Hi-way 98/Destin traffic, and that can be a real pain. Ferry Park isnt all that special (IMO) and you might find that all you need is a putter and a midrange on that course.

I didnt get a chance to play the newest course they have down there in Freeport (ChainDragon) the last time I was down there, so you might wanna just check out the reviews on that one.

FWB does have a disc golf store down there called Key Chains Bike & Disc that should have anything you need as far as DG goes. If you stop in and see Rhonda, tell her I sent ya.:thmbup:

Do you have a street address for the Key Chains Bike & Disc? :thmbup:

Also, any other courses recommended? :confused:

I sent an email to the Key Chains shop and a week later no response?

Does anyone have any other suggestions?