• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Missed ace commiseration thread

Hit the Band twice yesterday. Once from 230 and the other from 200. I do have 5 Aces this year though so I can't complain too much.

Chained out on Wildcat Bluff hole 13 on Friday, lots of chains at that, sour.

Dead center cage on a 295' hole downhill the other day. Gah, so close. Also had a fairway skip ace (for eagle) go off center cage as well in the same round.

Hit the top edge of the actual basket of the basket on a hole I've been barely missing for a full year now. Hole 11, it's only a matter of time...

On a funnier note, I watched a guy miss an ace recently because the disc landed in the Mach 3 basket too fast not touching a single chain and bounced out. To me that's worse than a chain-out

My second ever contact with the basket off the tee happened today. Playing a practice round at Mt. Zion, number 8. Very short, 180 feet, straight through a narrow tunnel of trees, maybe 10 feet wide, likely less, then the basket is sharp right, after it opens up. Flicked a Pro Boss (RHFH), and it came out with a little more turn than I was going for, but it reliably flipped back over, and shanked towards the basket, and TING skips off the top. Landed about 15 feet away, leaving me with a birdie after the putt.

Even though I haven't aced yet, I am so pumped to have come this close again, it's been a long while since I've had such a close call.

After 2 years 3 months with 4 less pretty aces, this was by far the closest that didn't stay in :\
Lunch time round at a short Par 3, 9 Hole course. Grabbed the new Champ Mako3 and the new S P2 to learn some new plastic. Hole 5 201' dead straight. Hyzer flip to flat, and it's a bullet. My only goal at lunch is to ace. It's cruising ever so slow left to right and it hovers in the heart of the chains for 2-3 seconds then SMASH! flop. Hits absolute dead center chains and bounces straight back at me. If I had missed an inch or more in either direction it probably would have stuck. Guy on the next tee turns, and says "Where is it?"

Here's the gruesome scene as I walk up.
5925513_orig.jpg

Dead center cage on a 295' hole downhill the other day. Gah, so close. Also had a fairway skip ace (for eagle) go off center cage as well in the same round.

Argh - 2nd time off this cage this week. Hopefully its a sign that I'll get it right for my tourney this sat.....

Chained out short #10 on Nevin Saturday. Thought I had FINALLY ended the 2+ year ace drought but it was not to be.... :(

Today I chained out on #3 at Kiwanis DGC left side, closest I've been to an ace since about 8 months in. This is also the first time I've ever chained out at all. The only other times they've been just basket hits.

So Close..So Far

Decided to throw a GStar Teebird from the Red tee on Hole 2 Pin Position B. Sign says 297, Might be a Little further in the B position. It was a perfect low line hit the chains and center pole and bounced out.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This would have been my farthest ACE...oh well, Next time!

Attachments

• IMG_3504.jpg
    IMG_3504.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3503.jpg
    IMG_3503.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 93
First time playing at como lake park. #13 from the whites is 325 almost dead straight just a touch left and slightly uphill. Got a good toss on my straight teebird and as soon as it left the hand I knew I had a great shot. Perfect line, just a touch of fade and the heart races......BANG.....Dead center cage and ~3" low. So close.

I want to say this happened in a tournament, but given the rules of tournament play, it seems unlikely. Either way, I was at Riverview DGC in Bullhead City, Arizona throwing on hole 8, a blind hyzer around an embankment built up on a hillside to a basket on the other side. I threw a nice enough drive that we were all listening for chains, but nothing. We go around the embankment and there's my disc, sitting in the basket. I start to get excited, my brother starts congratulating me and speculating that my disc must have slid in under the chains, and then some dude from the group in front of us starts laughing. Apparently I parked the drive within a couple feet so this dude decided it would be funny to pick up my disc and toss it in the basket just to see my reaction to the imaginary silent ace.

I've thrown a half-dozen or so fake aces several years ago when I used to just take a bunch of discs out to the Sherwood Forest kiddie course in Chico, CA and throw-gather-repeat on a few of the holes (most of which are in the 120'-180' range), but that would have been my first ace in real play.

Played a 2 day B tier this weekend - $875 Ace pot. This was my drive on #13 @ Lake Nacogdoches....pissed off.

18458933699_a96a5682ab.jpg

Never had an ace.
Today, first round with a new Kaxe Z and I hit the top rim, an inch above the chains, on 17 at OSU.
Thought for sure it was in....

Hit the basket twice yesterday. Local pitch and putt, Truth straight to fade right off the knuckle off the top. Next a big smooth anhyzer with my glow warden right off the basket... :clap:

OK... this isn't really a missed ace... but it's a missed opportunity. I was throwing a few practice throws to warm up a little before playing Highland Park in Altoona, PA.

You can barely see my green ESP Hornet in the right side of the tray. This was just my 2nd throw of the day. Too bad I didn't save it for when I was keeping score!

picture.php