• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mixing the dye

psychoholic

Bogey Member
Sorry for the noob question but I'm not sure how to mix the dye I bought this little condiment bottles to mix it in but does it need to be heated up in a pan then put into the bottle or can i just hot tap water and shake tell its mixed? again sorry for the noob question...

Depends on what you are trying to do.

For stencil dyes, I mix 1 packet of iDye with about 20oz of water.

Are you going for stencils, or some type of tyedye or spin dye?

NO intensifier! Hot water tap water should do the trick but if you want to be safe just throw it in the microwave. There is no set amount of water needed but the less water the faster you will see results in your shaving cream dyes. I use about 1 liter per packet but I like to have enough in case i ever want to do a color dip dye.

Shaving cream dye..

Edit: also i'm using idye poly do i need to use the intensifier pack?

Definitely no intensifier.

For the shaving cream dyes I have done, I just used my water/dye mixture mixed with shaving cream - it works pretty well. 20oz/1 packet is pretty concentrated, but the higher you take the concentration the deeper the colors get. I have always wondered where the point of diminishing return lies....my guess is that 20 oz/1 packet is pretty close. At a certain point the dye stops dissolving.

The next SC dye I do I was going to try a ratio of like 2 shots worth of a SC / water mix (I use double shot glasses for alot so that's my unit of measurement) with 1/4 teaspoon dye.

Hope that is helpful and good luck.

I heat a cup of water in the microwave, then put 1/2 teaspoon of dye powder in a shot glass. Add a couple drops of the hot water to the shot glass to liquify, then add that to the shaving creme.