• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Monty Dubs XI July 28 '12

Luke

Par Member
Monty Dubs XI----At the Monty in Monticello, Ga

THE BIGGEST ONE YET!

2 rounds of more than 18 holes

ctps or long putts on every hole

Primo Plastic payout for AMs

Tshirts

Food

Party

Price ETC MORE INFO TO COME AS THE MONTH PASSES

YES! I just moved to Milledgeville last month and have gotten in a few rounds at Monticello. That's a really fun course and I can't wait to get in some tourney rounds there.
Count me in for shizz

I'm so glad to hear that someone, anyone from Milledgeville knows what a good course is! They never respond to me down there, they never come to our tournaments. Glad you came down, but let me know next time and I can set up extra holes, including #9. Plus, we could play a round. Believe me, I play the place plenty by myself.

Holla

one day/two rounds huh?

And definitely one day, two rounds. Are you a NC player? We have yet to have one of those---only out of staters was Alabama. We have free camping areas, including my backyard, which overlooks the be-autiful Jackson Lake.

Also, if you've played it, I certainly want you to review it. I've gotten a few reviews lately that aren't as good, and many that play it haven't reviewed it, so the few bad reviews tend to dominate.

i am from nc. may try to find somebody to pair up with and head that way. i enjoy doubles.

because the last one ended up two teams from closing, I'll probably work out some kind of online registration. Check out the Monty on Facebook for my most recent updates on the course, discs, Sunday dubs, registration, etc.

Though I do try to check this message board periodically.

I'm so glad to hear that someone, anyone from Milledgeville knows what a good course is!

Though I admit that sounds crappy of me, I can never get guys to come from that direction, even though we're the next closest course to them. I enjoy the Milledgeville courses, but just like the Monty, they still need work to meet their potential.

speaking of work, I sprayed brush killer on holes 1-4 yesterday, part of 5, 16 green, 17, and woods 18. The effects should show within a week. The course improves weekly!

I did more spraying yesterday. Only 4 holes remain. Brush has begun drying up and dying, but the course is still hairy. Not ideal conditions, but it is getting better every time I go out.

Our last tournament almost filled up. Therefore, to guarantee a spot, you must send a check or money order via snail mail!
Send to, and make checks out to:
Luke McFarland
1111 Whippoorwill Road
Monticello, Ga 31064

Well call me an idiot, but I can't edit my original post. How do I do that?

Anyway,

25 bucks per person
ctps/long putts for 1 buck each
Super Secret Sponsor Discs (more to come)

Our last tournament almost filled up. Therefore, to guarantee a spot, you must send a check or money order via snail mail!
Send to, and make checks out to:
Luke McFarland
1111 Whippoorwill Road
Monticello, Ga 31064

Luke, there is a small window of time allotted to edit your post...looks like you were outta time.

Haven't been out there since the last dubs :(, but I'm positive that whatever you are doing only improves the course even more (not that it needs improvements, I love the it!)

Hopefully I'll be able to make it for yet another excellent tourney.

Sprayed brush killer for the fourth and final time. The results are already showing from the first 3 times.

Still not where it should be, but now I begin mowing/clipping/lopping. Within 4 weeks the course should be in tournament condition. Then, I begin looking at cutting trees out of certain holes...

Monty work and play day this saturday! I'll get out there as early as 8 to beat the heat. We'll prolly work 'til 12, go to dq, come back and play some rounds. Folks are welcome to swim at my place afterward. Please respond if you're coming. I need weedeaters, loppers, clippers, people with gloves. A beat up push mower is a plus. Please let me know if you're coming.

Latest posts