• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most Consistent Production

I don't get the issue really. I've found that most of the inconsistencies are easily adjusted to when we're talking about a bunch of hacks pretending they're 1050 rated. It's not like McBeth and the rest of the talent on tour are worried about it. Stop blaming your equipment and start practicing more.
Unlike

I don't know about flight paths because my arm really isn't consistent enough but on feel I can tell you Discraft sucks at consistently. I recently bought a stack of 5 D line Challengers. 2 "Red" (they are friggin pink) 2 "hot pink" (light purple) and one purple one that was actually purple. The red ones feel nice, soft, and supple to the touch almost like a soft Challenger but not as floppy. The purple one felt as hard as a DX Leopard and the pink ones were somewhere in the middle but I'd say closer to red than purple. For me they fly pretty much the same but again I'm not a good test subject.

I believe you are referring to an online retailer's labeling of the disc's color. (probably Disc Golf Center?) Discraft has nothing to do with that.

And it's baseline plastic, bud. Probably from different runs. In any case, $7 aint going to buy you consistency. DX, D, Retro/Classic/Prime, (maybe even Electron) in my experience, are a crapshoot.

From what I know being in the on the sales/production side of the biz for the last 8 years...

The longer the wing(or faster the disc), and more neutral the design, the more variance you will have. Neutral being that -2 to 2 range for fade & turn. When you try to ride that line you leave the parting line more play to move up and down. Putters and mids, unless its a crazy design won't fall too far from their intended flight. This is all regardless of manufacturer for all of this, single piece or over mold.

A disc this flippy would tear a hole in the space time continuum.

So you can imagine my surprise when I threw the one I leaned on heavily into the water and pulled out the backup only to have it head so far right on me (LHFH) that I should've left it where it landed. I threw it several more times with the same result before sending it off to a friend that I thought might appreciate it.

This made me think of this thread. A stack of Star Gators were shipped to a local shop as part of an Innova order. The picture doesn't do it justice, but these have the highest, most awkward dome I've ever seen on a disc bar none. They should have been grinded up for estar, or at the very least x-out.

Dome Gator https://imgur.com/gallery/uvFqBxt

This made me think of this thread. A stack of Star Gators were shipped to a local shop as part of an Innova order. The picture doesn't do it justice, but these have the highest, most awkward dome I've ever seen on a disc bar none. They should have been grinded up for estar, or at the very least x-out.

Dome Gator https://imgur.com/gallery/uvFqBxt

I had a Champion Glow Gator with as much dome as that.

I don't know....I liked it.

I had a Champion Glow Gator with as much dome as that.

I don't know....I liked it.

I knew it would be a matter of time until someone claimed this amount of dome was acceptable. I didn't know it would be this quick, and I didn't expect someone to say they LIKED it. :clap:

I knew it would be a matter of time until someone claimed this amount of dome was acceptable. I didn't know it would be this quick, and I didn't expect someone to say they LIKED it. :clap:

There will always be someone out there who likes a disc/mold/moldup, no matter how much everyone else hates it. There are even Groove fans out there... :D:p

Ha, yeah...well, it was the only Gator I've ever owned and only the second I had thrown. The first was a Metal Flake that was board flat. I wasn't sure which was the screw up.

Also worth mentioning, some of these bell-curve-esque Gators had blizzard bubbles erupting all around the rim. And yet were somehow still marked 175g. :sick:

I believe you are referring to an online retailer's labeling of the disc's color. (probably Disc Golf Center?) Discraft has nothing to do with that.

And it's baseline plastic, bud. Probably from different runs. In any case, $7 aint going to buy you consistency. DX, D, Retro/Classic/Prime, (maybe even Electron) in my experience, are a crapshoot.

Yeah I will agree that Pro D is the most off feeling plastic since 2006 sometime. The Discraft Plastic went from as stiff as legal by PDGA to softer plastic. DX has stayed about the same except the newer plastic does not become as stiff as PDGA allowed with a new disc over time with the older disc like the old DX stuff of the 2000's. Other baseline plastic from other companies I do not know the baseline well except that Lighting had added DuPont to the Baseline and has one of the more durable plastics for a baseline that is defiantly not a Pro or X like plastic. However Lighting's base plastic got closer to Pro or X feel but is not that next step up type of plastic yet.