• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Most Distance for 400'+ drives

Most Golf Line Distance for 400'+ Drives

• Westside World

Votes: 20 12.6%
  • Innova Destroyer

Votes: 50 31.4%
  • Dynamic Discs Trespass

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Discraft Nuke

Votes: 16 10.1%
  • Latitude 64 Havoc

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Dynamic Discs Freedom

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Discraft Force

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Westside King

Votes: 17 10.7%
  • Innova Boss

Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 45 28.3%

• Total voters

Hoss22

Eagle Member
So just a slight change to our ever popular vs. polls...

I want to know what disc you guys think can hit the most distance on throws going 400+ ft. Even more importantly, looking more at golf lines instead of having to have 300' wide fairways to work distance.

Not trying to leave out those that can't throw 400'+, but I am also of the belief that these max speed/distance discs shouldn't be thrown unless you're hitting these distances. Also, not leaving out those throwing in windy regions or courses with huge open fairways, but I find mite accuracy and consistency in a golf line as opposed to skying out huge sweeping lines that have just as much left to right distance as straight distance.

But, as always, all helpful recommendations and information is always helpful.

IMO on raw golf lines at a max of 400' mark discs like the inertia, valkrye, surgeSS, flash, tern, PD, tesla, etc which ride the high speed/control max D driver speed are great molds to work out into the 425' range before stepping up to the 12 speed+ drivers and seeing any real added distance.

One of my longest throws ever on flat ground golf line was with a beat to hell DX Teebird with a little tailwind flew over 475' but never hit that same line again even with faster discs on such a straight line. I personally feel that max speed discs can be thrown from distances to 275' from 800'+ like we see in the top level distance competitions but dialing in a mold is the most important thing. There is no magical disc and its why you see such a wide range of discs in different bags.

Obiouviously there are molds like OSdestroyers, forces, d1, pd2? and so on which you will find being the next step up but IMO most average disc golfers have no real need for them. I put 9/10 speeds out nearly just as far with more control really.

I went out trying to figure out the answer just a couple of days ago. I believe my longest throw was with a Swan2.

Ok ... not really. But it was only about 40' short of my Nukes and Quasars (the two I get consistently good distance with). My Nukes are consistently my longest drives. They're one of the few in a gliding plastic (ESP), though, so that could account for some of the difference.

But I'll second AFTC. I don't see much difference between Eagles and Nukes on distance lines. I see applications for my distance drivers more on the course.

I personally cycle five Star Destroyers. I don't bag any Bosses but I can throw Bosses farther than Destroyers. I find Destroyers to be more comfortable with my grip & easier to power down. I don't find a need for a max distance driver with a larger rim/"faster" than my Destroyers. I'll sacrifice a little distance for all around increased accuracy anyday. I voted Boss, though I've had great experiences with the Lat 64 Missilen. My friend let me try his & it bombed.

IMO on raw golf lines at a max of 400' mark discs like the inertia, valkrye, surgeSS, flash, tern, PD, tesla, etc which ride the high speed/control max D driver speed are great molds to work out into the 425' range before stepping up to the 12 speed+ drivers and seeing any real added distance.
:thmbup::clap::hfive:

Last edited:
Westside king and sorcerer are almost like cheating.

I almost mentioned the King, but I've had mixed results with them. The newer, more stable ones are good. I don't like as much flip as the older ones. They might go a little further than Nukes, but very similar; and I have a lot more experience with Nukes.

I may have worded incorrectly...

I meant "more" of a golf line. Its obvious that with higher speed drivers you will generally need more room to work. Which is understandable and is taken into account. What I really wanted to be focused on are the lines that will more commonly be used for huge distance shots *on the course*... Not in a big open field, or bombing in the desert if this makes more sense.

doesn't really make sense but like I said before, why I throw a tesla over something like the king or a blizzard whatever, D# this or that etc.

I throw a Champ Ape for Max D, on golf lines I use a 172-175 and it's very accurate one gold lines. If I have all the room in the world I'll use a 147 Blizzard and flex it a bit, I can get 450/475 out of those but I would rather throw 420 or so with te heavy ones and know exactly where it will go.

You missed a lot of discs and added some oddballs in their too... I'm outta here. :\

ESP Flash. One of the straightest flying distance drivers I've seen. Can be thrown on a hyzer, thrown flat and straight, on an anhyzer line. Very true flying.

400 is my top end right now, but for me the Boss is amazing for straight line distance. I can get a little more distance out of my King, champ Tern/Sorcerer and moonshine Trespass but those all have a lot of left to right movement (Trespass less than the others.) World might work good for you too but needs more arm than I can give it.

As far as disc speed I do find I can net an extra 20-30' with 11-14 speed discs compared to fairway drivers, but thats not a big difference. Shot shape usually determines what I pull out of the bag unless it's wide open and long.

The reason the destroyer is always mentioned is because it is one of the best at being able to achieve multiple shots will still being very controllable.

I will say that more understable discs can get you easier distance than something more overstable, but it takes the right kind of form. The big sweeping S shots need a little of that extra stability, but angle of release comes into play. Something more understable thrown on a hyzer can achieve similar distance without having to change the throw too much.

Now does this mean you should only throw hyzers, of course not, there are specific holes that need specific line shaping abilities. That being said a good clean hyzer shot with a variety of stabilities, can make for a simpler game.

I would say Destroyer and Boss. Havoc and D3 are also good, also have you considered a lighter destroyer? I would say a heavy destroyer and boss are the straightest two, the other 3(havoc, D3, and light destroyer) take a little more left to right movement, but seem to get a little more distance .

The absolute longest flying disc for me so far has been a well seasoned Quasar. I throw it on my first shot in this video, and use a fresher one for the second toss.

If you crank your volume you'll hear the second drive hit the 978' pin position.

I've tried out a lot of distance drivers, including the entire D series, Destroyers, Worlds, Kings, Nukes, Nuke OS, Cranks, Dominators, Boss, Katana, Trespass, Prometheus, Sword and many others.

The runner up would be a broken in Star Destroyer, but I found the mold much more inconsistent than Quasars. Which is weird since Innova makes them both.

on that list, Beat in destroyers EASILY would be my max distance, but I have been getting great results with a light weight yellow Legacy Outlaw lately, hitting just over 450' consistently.

Cannons and Rampages are also notable, but i don't find them to be as consistent results as the lower speed 12 stuff and i really can't get them more than 10'-20' farther than speed 12s