• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Most Distance for 400'+ drives

Most Golf Line Distance for 400'+ Drives

• Westside World

Votes: 20 12.6%
  • Innova Destroyer

Votes: 50 31.4%
  • Dynamic Discs Trespass

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Discraft Nuke

Votes: 16 10.1%
  • Latitude 64 Havoc

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Dynamic Discs Freedom

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Discraft Force

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Westside King

Votes: 17 10.7%
  • Innova Boss

Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 45 28.3%

• Total voters
I have now voted. Nuke was the disc for me, but needed too much fairway to work. I had a couple beat in forces that rivaled any destroyer I have thrown for distance and consistancy (some pro destroyers were longer, but needed more room to work).
I voted King and World. The king is a touch longer and needs a little more room to work, but holds a line further than my nukes. The world will fly out on a rope from a hyzerflip and land just as far out there as my nukes on a much wider line.

Went out today with a bag full of distance drivers. I was impressed by the Crank, and disappointed by the Missilen. Other than that, they all flew about the same. Most of the flippy stuff wasn't flexing out. PD went as far as anything, pretty much.
I'm pretty much only throw Innova discs but I was impressed with the Missilen. I threw my friends about ten times in an open field & it bombed for me. Just curious, what didn't you like about it?

I'm pretty much only throw Innova discs but I was impressed with the Missilen. I threw my friends about ten times in an open field & it bombed for me. Just curious, what didn't you like about it?

The two I've thrown so far were both freaks, close to NukeOS overstable.

Missilen was quite high speed understable and low speed stable. Made it unpredictable in the few throws I had on one. Good d on the ones that hooked up though.

It had an early fade. Mine is stable at high speeds. Flies like a Force. But my Forces were going farther. A lot of things were going further.

Based purely on observation... people that throw +400ft seem to always throw destroyers.

There is definitely something uniquely perfect about the Destroyer for controllable distance. Most of the time on the course however, I'll throw my Krait instead since it's more controllable and easy to shape straighter lines with.

Last edited:
For me its the AJ star destroyers that flat out bomb. Took me a bit to break one in, but it just goes. I usually start busting out the 12 speeds for 425-450 foot shots or if the wind has kicked up . I like to throw my OLFs for most drives shorter than that.

I don't see 400+ very often and need a little elevation help to get there...... At my power , I like my wraith right up to 400 , may start to loose it to the right on rhbh. Wraith hyzer flips to nice and straight at around 400 ft of pull. If I am just going for distance and pulling out my comfort zone, I reach for the destroyer. In premium plastics, the destroyer will fight of any o.a.t I tend to put into the disc when going for long bombs. I only get 20-30 ft more with my destroyers, and may not net any extra d, but always going to Finnish on the hyzer side for me.:|

I put nuke down but those or even bosses for me fly a bit further. But you're only talking 10-20' at best. But end of the day the new run of destroyer the little bit of a pop top with the loops in his name touching just glide and float the furthest of destroyers for me. They are always keeping up with the next speed up.

But in general I think we all have to agree for the most part if a boss isn't out flying your destroyer you don't have enough arm speed. It is the world distance record disc. LOL... So in general that always seems to win otherwise they would be throwing destroyers ��

we're talking golf distance.

so naturally, destroyers. even though i don't throw them anymore (for now) i will concede they give the best combo of distance and controllable flight across the spectrum of stability offered by the various plastics.

i decided to keep a couple giants for myself, though. i think they are very similar to destroyers, at least the good one i've got, and a little more glide on'em. so giant/destroyer imo. but my giants are like glidey, slightly less OS forces . . . but forces don't fly as far. so destroyer/giant. yeah.

Last edited:

Latest posts