• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Exhausting Courses....

Beaver Ranch's first three holes are scary but the rest of the course is a fairly pleasent walk compared to Crystal Mountain Summit Course or Brian Head in Utah or Solitude, I would think.

And remember this about all the ski slope courses. When you're talking about those Minnesota and Michigan ski slope courses,

They are called such and such ski "hills".

When you are talking about a ski course in Colorado or Washington, there is a reason it's called

Crystal MOUNTAIN Summit Course.

It is the difference between a hill and a mountain.

:thmbup: Agreed. Same with CA courses built on ski resorts.

I have never really played any course that's super taxing. I've played flyboy in the middle of the summer, and I sweat a lot. Probably should of had more water. I survived though. Played some of the more hilly Carolina courses in the summer. I find it odd people are mentioning fox chase when I don't remember that course being strenuous at all, and i'm fat. Then again, maybe playing a round with BrotherDave & Chain Addicted lightens the feet, as well as the mood. :|

My least pleasant disc golf experience was when I played four courses in Georgia, started off with McCurry at 8am, then Wills around 11, moved our way to ERP a little past 1 and finished off at Alexander, the most open of them all, around 4. All of this on june 8th, probably around 100 degrees most of the day with an extremely high humidity index. I was really smart so I decided to drink as LITTLE water as possible and as MUCH gatorade as possible, that would of been okay for a single course, but when we got to our hotel, I don't think I've ever consumed as much water, in such a short span of time. I then proceeded to shower and sleep for the rest of my life.

The toughest course I have played as far as physically taxing for me has to be Hawk Hollow. I can only play that course one round before I have to ice down my knees & ankles.

I have played two rounds in one day but by the back 9 of the second round I'm running on fumes and in a lot of pain all over.

I haven't played too many courses, but the White Cedar course at Mont Du Lac really works you over, especially holes 11-15.

Since the flood back in June, a couple holes got taken out and a ton of ravine damage happened.

The hike from hole 10 to 11 is a killer. (skips old 11 by climbing a huge hill around it)
Hole 11 takes you out 200 feet, drops 200 feet and comes back up 400+ feet
Hole 12 playes out 300 feet with a slight uphill with the next 150 up steep hill
Hole 13 drops down 300+ feet
Hole 14 gives you a very miniscule break (massive hill on left side of fairway, don't get caught down there)
Hole 15 plays across a ravine which is 300+ feet climbs on either side
The hike from 15 to 16 is a huge uphill.

All with no staircases and tons of wet clay....