• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most found disc

Every time i go disc diving for one of our lost discs, its almost guaranteed too bring up a Leapord or two. I cannot escape them.

mostly innova. valk is most found of lately. beasts also do appear.

my most lost is the wasp though. already lost a few this year

Lots of votes for Beasts. I'm wondering if this has more to do with the flight of the disc or the fact that DX Beasts are cheap and found at every Dicks sporting goods. Just curious...
I would have to say yes to both.

I have terrible luck finding discs. Of course I never really go looking. I don't know if that means my throws are a little better than the guys who lose discs or a lot worse. Either way, I don't find much. Everything I've found over the years has been Innova or Discraft, and usually in pretty rough shape.

The best disc I've found was a Star Wraith in perfect condition (price tag and flashing still present, no ink) on the 5th hole of the local pitch and putt. I asked everyone I saw that day but no one had lost it. Given that the first 5 holes total less than 1100 feet I felt really bad for the guy who lost it.

Last year I found tons of discs, Bosses mostly. This year, I seem to be placing my drives closer to the fairway, and I've found very few. Thankful for that. The only disc I've found lately was an Archon and that was while I was trimming up an overgrown area.

I found two minis today on the first hole. I saw a group coming down on 9, and they were returned to the rightful owner within 5 mins of finding them.

I get a lot of Bosses, some Teebirds and recently some Prodigy highly speed stuff.

Found a Skully stamp Volt that I didn't want to give back, but I've never kept a found disc with digits.

I threw my 150g gram Leopard last month down a 360 ft drop to a hole. While I was looking for it I came across an old bar stamp Buzzz in the weeds, no name or number, nice disc. Hung it on the wall for now.

My last 4 discs found: Blizzard Ape, Champion Boss, Star Monster, Champion Beast.

Given what I've read, my initial thoughts are confirmed.

Never found a Groove or Leo though.

I don't find too many discs. When I do its usually from the group right in front of me.

The only unmarked discs I've found, believe it or not, are DX Teebirds and I've found three of those. Any other disc I've found in usually marked, so I don't hold on to them for long. Mostly high speed drivers.

I used to find discs all the time when i first started playing but i haven't found one in ages. I must be getting better at this game.

... bumpity do!....

Story time: playing Thursday night on mighty hole 8 at Big Creek in beautiful Poll City, Iowa I turned over a wee touch much and landed in a wild flower field. Just as I enter the rough I spotted a yellow disc and I had throw a pink Cannon. Said out loud "found a disc, bet it another Pro Boss". And sure enough it was. Two steps later another disc. This time a really light feeling Lat64 Jade in 'born to lose dull turquoise'. Likely part of a Lat64 starter pack. P Boss had a local number and very new with the 'walmar' bar code sticker still on the flight plate. (Who in the heck inks a disc AND leaves the bar code sticker on?) SoI texted and will drop at a local disc shop. Jade also pretty fresh but no marked. Local rules of the jungle make unmarked keepers and passed on to a newb young lady buddy (30s is young to me..) a couple hours later.

Anyhow.., drivers Walmart sells and Starter pack discs historically have been overall tops in my finding experiences. (See also Sharks, Pro Destro's, DX Leo's)

DX Beast, Valkyrie, Archangel are common finds for me probably because they're sold at Dick's. Also semi-frequent are Champion Destroyers and Bosses, and Z Nukes. Those are usually super thrashed and way left.

I have found a few disc, the 11x KC Pro Aviar max weight, I gave the disc to my mom to use since the disc was a 7/10 at best back in 2009. The other discs I found was a guy trying to play with a Wham-O 100 mold 165 gram and a Pro D Drone I gave to a cousin because he used the Drone mold at the time. That was on the same vacation at different parks. Though why would one want to use a Wham-O 100 mold 165 gram at Cape Henalopen State park?, that course is tougher then what a throw and catch Frisbee can do.