• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Irritating Question People Ask While Playing

"Why'd you throw that frisbee at my kid?"

to which you promptly reply

"Why'd your kid run at my frisbee?"

(and yes, this actually happened)

"Why can't you disc people share the park?"
-Said by someone on #4 fairway at Ronnie Van Zant.

"Who was here first?"
-Said by a tough guy on #8 fairway at Ronnie Van Zant who didn't want to move.
(The answer? "The disc golf course." He moved.)

"There's been a lot of break-ins in this area over the past few months. We never used to have this problem... did you know that?"
-Said by some old lady, as we're getting ready to tee off on Moccasin Creek, a course that was just put in a couple months prior.

These have only happened once each... but once is five times too many.

In the circumstances of someone giving my crap about carrying a bag and a towel.

By hole three: Can you carry my cell phone and keys? Their digging into my leg when I throw.

By hole five: Ah man, it did go in the water... Can I dry off my disc with your towel?

By hole nine: Hey, can you grab my cell phone? I need to call my Mom, I forgot to call her before we started playing.

By hole ten: (Not a question, they just motion for me to take their phone from them to put it back in my bag.

By hole 14: Man I am parched, can I have some of your water?

After 18 holes: I need to get my phone and keys, could you grab those for me?

This happened once. I make it a point to let them suffer from then on. GET A BAG YOU GEE!!!:doh:

In the circumstances of someone giving my crap about carrying a bag and a towel.

By hole three: Can you carry my cell phone and keys? Their digging into my leg when I throw.

By hole five: Ah man, it did go in the water... Can I dry off my disc with your towel?

By hole nine: Hey, can you grab my cell phone? I need to call my Mom, I forgot to call her before we started playing.

By hole ten: (Not a question, they just motion for me to take their phone from them to put it back in my bag.

By hole 14: Man I am parched, can I have some of your water?

After 18 holes: I need to get my phone and keys, could you grab those for me?

This happened once. I make it a point to let them suffer from then on. GET A BAG YOU GEE!!!:doh:
Was this me? If it was sorry.

You aren't a cop, are you? Followed shortly after by, "can you loosen these cuffs?".

The one that didn't bother me for about 10 years but now does is, "how do you throw that far,can you teach me?". It has taken me this long to realize that 99% of the people that ask have no intention of actually learning for even trying anything I tell them. This actually includes people I have played with for over 15 years. In the last 20 years I think I have seen 4 or 5 people take what I have shown them and get much better. Maybe I just suck as a teacher.

Now I just show them where Dan Beato comes to practice every now and then and tell them to throw him a $20, he can get them throwing well in no time if they really want to learn. I need to ask him if anyone has actually done it.

wow. the man has you scared of even being in the general vicinity of something illegal that youre not even participating in.

thats sad.

I just prefer choosing my own risks.

I have better use for my time and resources than adopting the risks others have chosen---even when they're sure nothing will happen. After all, the jails and cemetaries are full of folks who knew nothing would happen to them.

Did you just see that leprechaun run into the woods?

Followed by,
Can you hold my bag while I try to chase him down?

Never saw my brother again...

Is it possible to get some of that from you?

very annoying

Was this me? If it was sorry.

It was not you I was talking about but you and Johnson did give me dookie for carrying a towel and then asked to use it later in those rounds. You both have grown into nice young disc'rs since then. :)

Latest posts