• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most popular discs you never tried

Since I have used mostly Innova, Discraft, Lighting, a few DGA discs, and a Wizard there is a bunch I have not tried, too many disc golf brands and molds these days and too many from the 2000's that did not survive. I have held a few MVP/Axiom discs in store and they felt odd in the rim so I never go that type of over mold. I have however tried an Atlas once. Oddest discs I ever threw was an Aerobie Epic new as a test for one choices for winning your division at a tournament and then a cousins Aerobie Arrow that would be a neat disc if I truly needed such a disc for wind putting. I have even tried some discs from the special Steady plastic thanks to a friend, not bad putters if one could get a consistent plastic for those discs. Some discs in the Special Steady plastic, odd discs but work for the friend even having a mold, Blunt Driver for a driving putter.

Oh man I forgot about aerobie. I had a buddy give me one about 10 years ago. The rim was way thicker on one side of the disc. I have no idea what it was called anymore but the strangest disc I'd ever seen to this day. Anyone know what this was/is?

Oh man I forgot about aerobie. I had a buddy give me one about 10 years ago. The rim was way thicker on one side of the disc. I have no idea what it was called anymore but the strangest disc I'd ever seen to this day. Anyone know what this was/is?

Aerobie Epic

You'd like the proxy, but then you'd risk association with gyro-naughts.

Eh they're a lot chiller than they used to be. I really like a lot of MVP discs...the Ion, Volt, Vertex, Relay, Inertia, Resistor, Theory all come to mind as highlights I've tried.

Firebird and Buzzz are the big ones for me.

any Discmania
any Westside but the harp
any gateway other than putters
most lat64 other than the river, spike, and pure
and also most discs over speed 9 or 10. a threw a wraith for a little as a noob, recently started bagging and throwing a trespass, and other than that i've always stuck to fairway drivers.