• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most Underrated Disc Ever!

Champ Banshee. Once they get nice and beat they are a thing of beauty. I carry a beat 167 that's laser straight with a late forward fade. It's a tunnel shot machine.

I would have to go with the Shark3. There isn't even one thread in the discs sub forum dedicated to just the shark3.

First of all this disc is really fast AND has glide. Secondly, they have zero high speed turn. I can crank on my shark3s as hard as I want and they won't even think about flipping up or over. To top it off it has perfect LSS. It's overstable but not a meathook by any means, so it doesn't skip. It will fade predictably and sit where it hits.

Last edited:
I'll go with the Core. Not much love for a pretty solid all-round mid.

Revived out of nowhere!

Stalker. I've never seen anyone else throwing one in the wild, but it's hands down my most versatile disc.

Champ Mamba. True, it's really only good for long, high turnover shots that need to sit down gently, but it does that shot really well.

Orc. It's my go-to driver. The thing is just money for me, all the time. BH, FH...whatever I need. I carry two in Star.

Orcs are EXTREMELY underrated. Fly extremely far and are pretty workable. They're also not awful in the control slot between the Teebirdish disc and the Destroyerish disc. Flat Orcs are money, period.

Sorta skipped around on this thread. Some funny things I found is whenever Core is listed it's described as, "pretty good." I don't know if you can have an okay disc as underrated. Shark is a great disc... but then why not just throw a Buzzz... you know, because it's a better version of the same thing? Coyote just reminds me of JR on DGR which he raved about constantly so how can that be underrated? Also because of DGR, Comet cannot be underrated.

Starfires and Orcs are good discs but the PD is what they wanted to be. Surge, Rogue and Avenger are other discs the PD beat out. (Never thrown a Viking but assume it can be added here. Valkyrie is appropriately rated, IMO.)

Rhyno another good disc but also popular so the definition of underrated is disputable. Same with Aero and XD.

Aviar and DX Teebird are probably the best selling discs of all time. Again, not underrated.

Impact and Glide two discs I've never thrown or seen anybody throw that merits further research. Same with Viking and Monarch. Also any Gateway disc that isn't a putter.

Anyway, my vote? Cyclone. Admittedly a tweener disc that I don't bag...

My other vote? XL. Unfortunately it molded up best in OOP Elite Pro plastic. Actually so did the Cyclone....

My other, other vote? Fuse. Okay, I'm done.

Also, Mako is probably the best beginner disc.

Don't know if its been mentioned or if it really would be considered underrated, but the Champ MAKO 3 is an awesome disc, and I rarely hear it mentioned or see many people bagging it. Good glide, workable, and super comfortable rim.

Could be wrong but that's my vote

34 pages is a bit much to go through! But my vote is the CD. It is what it's name is, a control driver. I think it compliments the PD well. Holds lines well with less over stability!

Cheers!

I may have chimed in on this thread once before. Don't remember. Banger GT is my pick. Not sure why it isn't the most popular golf disc because it should be. Pro D Bangers are the best putter I've ever used. I will become stuck in a manic depression if Discraft ever stops making them.

Revived out of nowhere!

Stalker. I've never seen anyone else throwing one in the wild, but it's hands down my most versatile disc.

That's good to hear. I just bought a brand new Z Stalker to try out. Put together a little Discraft bag for fun and have it for all fairway duties at the moment. Wasp, Buzzz, Comet, Stalker. See how it does when the weather gets better. :thmbup:

Like seeing the Orc love as well.

I will throw out another vote for the Latitude 64 Core. I don't bag one at the moment, but I did for a while and loved it. For whatever reason it seems a lot of people overlook the Core.