• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most Underrated Disc Ever!

Gateway Diablo Dt. It is like a faster beast, love it for forehands, and low ceiling shots.

Wow didn't expect to see so much love for the Viking here, Nice! IMO one of the most underrated drivers out there, the old flat champ Vikings anyway. My go to driver for Straight and S turn drives in the woods. They will go 325ft+ dead straight for me as well as give me predictable S turn shots. They are kinda like a higher (9) speed control driver for me.
^^^^
Used to throw the Viking and loved it. The other discs in the speed 9 offering from innova are considered to be better discs and the Vikings gets lost in the line up. More stable valk but very workable and beats in nice

Lightning Helix 2 in pro plastic. Very eagle like with maybe a touch more distance potential.

Discraft Z Flash. I might have chimed in on this thread already but I can't remember. This disc is incredible. Huge, predictable distance without having to put my entire body into it like I have to with my Destroyers. Really fun disc that I never see anyone else using.

Discraft Z Flash. I might have chimed in on this thread already but I can't remember. This disc is incredible. Huge, predictable distance without having to put my entire body into it like I have to with my Destroyers. Really fun disc that I never see anyone else using.

I'll agree it's underrated, but it lost its utility after I gained competence with Nukes.

Discraft Glide... If I had to chose one disc to play an entire round at ANY course I play, it'd be a Glide. Even my noob noodle arm can make it do some amazing things that leave my buddies slack-jawwed.

Innova Pro Birdie. Absolutely love this mold. OOP, but can usually be picked up for $15 on the auction sites. Have had problems with "delamination" of the plastic, but you can't beat the grip and predictability of flight. Grabs like it's wearing cleats on landing, too.

I'll agree it's underrated, but it lost its utility after I gained competence with Nukes.

The rim on the Nuke is just too ridiculous for me to BH. I would recommend the Nuke to anyone that can palm an NBA sized basketball without problem. :D

There's only one vote in here for the Rhyno, and yes, I know it has its legion of fans and Innova currently and has made it is all sorts of plastics. But with Innova pros, in particular the folks who done recent ITB's, only Wiggins carries one and its a CE at that. It's just a weird dichotomy between disc popularity and pro usage.

As for my bag, Rhynos are probably the second-most important disc behind Teebirds. I pitch putt, and putting with Rhynos is like pitching horseshoes. Give it enough oomph to get the disc there because it lacks any glide to help you. It's basically not affected by the wind. For approaches, it has a nice healthy fade, especially when given 10-15' feet of height, that makes it super predictable. And it can take as much power as you can put behind it. Extra bonus for the new stiff (R-)Pro runs at the Pro Shop - they're a perfect blend of tackiness and stiffness in all conditions, especially when it gets cold (much like people move to JK Aviars from KC's when the temp drops). This run didn't get a lot of love here, and they're still available in the Pro Shop and that just puzzles me.

I also vote for Yeti Aviars. It's a BB Aviar that's meant to fly like a seasoned DX BB Aviar, but in nice firm and not-too-slick pro plastic, and its designed by and for a putting champion? But it gets little love when compared to KC's, McPro's, and DX PnA's.

On Comets: I think they're another disc that while it has its flock of adoring fans, there are also people who pick it up, throw it a few times and get a turn-and-burn and give up on it. It's a disc that takes time to warm up to and understand because of its flat-revealing characteristics. It's also grossly overshadowed by the Buzzz.

Finally, DX Teebirds (and base plastic in general) don't get the credit they deserve. The push from lots of manufacturers has been for premium plastic discs that wear slowly, if at all, but there's nothing like having a DX Teebird out glide everything else. As for base plastic in general, it's really a cycled discs vs. slot discs mentality.

DX Teebird, Comet in any variety, Sidewinders, Coyote,Banger-Gt .. so so many that just dont seem to get the love the deserve

I also vote for Yeti Aviars. It's a BB Aviar that's meant to fly like a seasoned DX BB Aviar, but in nice firm and not-too-slick pro plastic, and its designed by and for a putting champion? But it gets little love when compared to KC's, McPro's, and DX PnA's.

Finally, DX Teebirds (and base plastic in general) don't get the credit they deserve. The push from lots of manufacturers has been for premium plastic discs that wear slowly, if at all, but there's nothing like having a DX Teebird out glide everything else. As for base plastic in general, it's really a cycled discs vs. slot discs mentality.

I love the Yeti for short range straight to turnover drives. It feels great in the hand, mostly due to the sunken top. I carry a KC Pro also for straight to hyzer drives and the Yeti feels less beefy and is a bit more workable. I have to induce some OAT into a KC to get it to turn, where as I can throw a Yeti hard and flat and high and it will turn smoothly into the ground. Great plastic blend, too.

As for DX TB's, I love 'em too. Fresh to lightly seasoned ones fly like the perfect TB should. Straight, solid fade at the end and just awesome glide. And they only fly farther the more beat in they get.

To the top!
IMO, it would be an Ace Race disc. Lots of Meteor talk, but I feel its the most popular out of all the Ace Race discs. "Most Underrated" should go to the Zeppelin or Nebula. Discs that didn't make the cut, but some love them.
I go Zeppelin. Two plastics, ProD or ESP, so you have some choice. Its a lid for crying out loud and we all know lids are cool.

I think the dx leopard I've had mine or awhile now the are great for hyzer flipping the going right I love mine or my dx rocs I think they are better the the better plastic roc get better with age

Gateway assassin, easy driver to throw, stays low, and holds a variety of lines. The evo plastic beats in to a variety of helpful stabilities.

I'll go with the Wolf. *ducks rotten fruit and vegetables* Hey, the disc always does what I want it to when I throw it. I freely admit to not having a big arm tho. My daughter currently has it bagged and likes throwing it.

I'd give my real vote honestly to the Shark. She was given a super beat 150 DX Shark and it just flies so easily and will drift so nicely to the right if you give it any bit of power. I snagged 2 Shark X-Outs last week, another 150 and a 157. Going to start working one of them into shape and have a cycle of 3 Sharks in my bag just for the fun of it :) If I can find reasonably prices Champ or Pro Sharks I may pick some up too.

Something that has gotten a bit of love around here recently tho is the Condor, probably b/c of that Champ Blizzard run. I just ordered my first DX Condor to try out today, White 186g. I love the look of that Blue Blizzard Condor tho, so if anyone has a nice heavy one they will part w/reasonably, drop me a line *grin*

Latest posts