• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most unpopular/uncommon disc you throw?

The Whippet! Honestly I am the only player in my area that I know of that throws. Absolutely love it for side arm approach shots.

I've seen a few discs in this thread that I bag:
Whippet-X, but I use it for thumbers.
Champ Panther, for dead straight shots.
Maximizer, a utility disc that was the first disc I threw over 300'. Really.
Star Wedge, long glidey straight-to-anhyzer shots.
QMS. Millennium's Comet. It'll go how you throw it.

Last edited:
I'm about to temporarily remove areguably the most popular mold (Firebird) from the bag to make room for the Avenger ( ESP, X, Pro D). I wouldn't say it gets a lot of hate as much as it just gets passed up or ignored.

I wish my dad was on these forums. His whole bag is uncommon.

I was thinking the same thing. My dad bags a blowfly, karma, buzzz ss, and a few others unusual ones (but I'm drawing a blank). My bag, on the other hand, is all pretty common.

Latitude 64 Bite :D

I throw it for the dog, but it took forever to find in the store!

I doubt many other people have one in the bag.

I had one with me at the summer cottage. Proceeded to throw it into the lake because of the surprising amount of glide. The dog was looking at me like "the disc seemed to disappear into this force field, but I will try and sniff for it on the surface. Mmmm... No, its lost". Too murky water to locate. My dad found it months later.

My bag is pretty vanilla except for my CH Starfire and Z Nuke SS.

I started out with a Star SL, which I leaned on for a while. Used it for FH & BH long drives. Got my first ace with it. Then, as I became more experienced and my rating soared (872 😉), I stepped up to the SL's more stable antecedent. I love the Starfire but I have met exactly zero other owners. I remember catching a sub-thread on here a few weeks ago impugning the Starfire. Don't really understand all the static. It think the Starfire's been around a while. Innova keeps making them. Retailers keep stocking them. I think the Starfire tucks right in there b/t your Teebird/Firebird & your max driver. It does for me. And you can't argue with the results. (Look out 880! 😉😉)

As for my Nuke SS, I've only met a couple of other owners - fellow duffers, all. If there's even just a whiff of a headwind, this guy stays in the bag. But if the wind is still or at my back, the Nuke SS can offer a wild ride. I used it a lot more when I started out but now I use my regular Nuke most of the time.

Most of my bag is pretty uncommon, here's some of my regulars: Blowfly, gumputt, Champ Monarch, Sirious Orion LF, Z Glide.

The most "unpopular" disc in my bag is probably a Tensor.

Back in the day, I used to throw an Arrow, which gets a lot of weird looks on the course.

Ha! I used to bag the Arrow and the Epic. Haven't thrown either in years. I think I gave the Arrow away. Nothing out of ordinary in the bag currently, although I have been told not many people putt with RGL Pures.

I keep an ESP FLX Avenger in the bag. As mentioned, Avengers don't get hated on, they just get overlooked, it seems. Good overstable complement to a Saint, though, IMO.

I don't think I've seen another MVP Shock being bagged either, but I added one a few months ago and really dig it. Also using a sparkle DGA Aftershock as a placeholder for a lost Roc until I get another one beat just right. Really good dead straight to turnover mid for me.

DGA mids don't get the love they deserve, I suppose.

I had one with me at the summer cottage. Proceeded to throw it into the lake because of the surprising amount of glide. The dog was looking at me like "the disc seemed to disappear into this force field, but I will try and sniff for it on the surface. Mmmm... No, its lost". Too murky water to locate. My dad found it months later.
:thmbup: Haha poor pup couldn't go pond diving! Yea I am glad our dog loves the Bite because I was sick of throwing my discs for her and wiping off slobber every 10 seconds. This year I'll be sure to post some videos of my pup catching discs!
My bag is pretty vanilla except for my CH Starfire and Z Nuke SS.

I started out with a Star SL, which I leaned on for a while. Used it for FH & BH long drives. Got my first ace with it. Then, as I became more experienced and my rating soared (872 ��), I stepped up to the SL's more stable antecedent. I love the Starfire but I have met exactly zero other owners. I remember catching a sub-thread on here a few weeks ago impugning the Starfire. Don't really understand all the static. It think the Starfire's been around a while. Innova keeps making them. Retailers keep stocking them. I think the Starfire tucks right in there b/t your Teebird/Firebird & your max driver. It does for me. And you can't argue with the results. (Look out 880! ����)

As for my Nuke SS, I've only met a couple of other owners - fellow duffers, all. If there's even just a whiff of a headwind, this guy stays in the bag. But if the wind is still or at my back, the Nuke SS can offer a wild ride. I used it a lot more when I started out but now I use my regular Nuke most of the time.
Starfire love :D. I was talking about this disc in the peg warmer thread because I only started throwing a Star Starfire last season and I love it! I want to get a few more and season them up.

I used to have a Z Nuke SS as my first distance driver but I quickly learned that it is was incredibly inconsistent. I never saw a regular flight pattern out of it- it would go left when I didn't want it to, or it would decide to keep going right. I could never get it to fly the same path twice... Gone!

i love having stuff that no one else does.

the only disc, however, that i have never seen anyone in my club or area throw that is love is my Hatchet. I know its not super rare or anything, but i never seen them out on the course.

I also use an aviar that people are always baffled about, the yeti pro

Probably the Tensor. I almost never throw it with full power, I just really like the feel and use it as my most stable approach disc.

It is not an uncommon disc overall but I almost never play with anyone else bagging a Valkyrie. Beast, Katanas, and Avenger SS seem to be much more popular understable drivers around here. The Valkyrie is the disc that gets me the most "what was that you threw?" comments.

I carry at least 2 cobras at all times. I love cobras but everyone else I play with don't use them. I have tried to move on from them but I always go back to them. The only thing I dislike about them is that I rotate through them pretty quickly. The curse of dx plastic.

I carry at least 2 cobras at all times. I love cobras but everyone else I play with don't use them. I have tried to move on from them but I always go back to them. The only thing I dislike about them is that I rotate through them pretty quickly. The curse of dx plastic.

Try champ cobras. I have 2 buddies who swear by them