• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most valuable/expensive disc you bag and throw

I've had my orange CE-ish 10x Kc Teebird in the bag sinne i was 15 when i swapped it for a Discraft Xtreme. I'm 32 now :)

02 CE Roc comes in and out of the bag, tons of 11x eagles and old destroyers. So like a $100 disc

Almost my entire bag is old plastic, but I've had most of them for a long time, so didn't pay crazy prices.

This is my bag, plus a few newer ones thrown in:

Two PFN 12x KC Aviars
PFN Small Bead Aviar
San Marino DX PnA Aviar
PFN Champ Rhyno
Two Mini Stamp DX Glo Rocs
Two PFN 12x KC Rocs
Two PFN Pro Leopards
11x Eagle L
11x Teebird
11x Firebird
PFN Star Firebird
2 PFN Star Wraiths
Pre AJ Destroyer
AJ Destroyer

If I had to replace these, I would guess around 500-600?

Im kinda in the same boat as you. Ive been playing long enough that I got most of my discs for stockish prices and I dont play enough to lose them or break them in. So they stay in the bag forever. Life is great

I currently bag a Team stamped proto cloudbreaker that I am guessing is worth a pretty penny. Got it as a tester and had to ink and throw it immediately otherwise I would guess $150+

Meh, disc value is relative. The discs I like and might get lost are clearly marked that there's a REWARD if the finder calls the #. Some of my stuff might fetch $5-8 on the market, but I'd gladly send $20-30 to get it back in my possession.

That's why I'm a big proponent of returning found discs. It's more valuable to the original owner who knows that disc. Net gain #overall, even after shipping costs.

But as far as market value:
I'll toss a 2nd run CE Eagle X some seasons. 7/10 thrower value, take that for what you will. Occasional rare Zone or Destro that I've accumulated.

The disc market has gone dumb lately, anyway. New **** that's basically stock skyrockets in price, meanwhile my stash of gorgeous PFN Champ Monsters deteriorates in value. I would let them all fly if I didn't have a stack of CG FB that deserve aces.

The best part about the fanboyism shift to new proto runs of whatever Paul is putting out is that the CE market has gone pretty soft #buylow

I bag a "Jackal Stamp" S-Line FD...not one of the newly released ones. No clue how much it is worth, I don't care. Discs are made for throwing, that's exactly what I do with it.

Currently in the cart:

Proto destroyer
*D destroyer
2 line AJ destroyer
3 line AJ destroyer
Early run s-line PD with patent #
CE Teebird X
CE Eagle X
2 pearly 11x KC Pro Teebirds

Currently in the cart:

Proto destroyer
*D destroyer
2 line AJ destroyer
3 line AJ destroyer
Early run s-line PD with patent #
CE Teebird X
CE Eagle X
2 pearly 11x KC Pro Teebirds

Proto Destroyers are almost magically good. I think it was those discs that got the whole Destroyer hype started in the first place. IMO they're still the best run of star Destroyers ever made. Absolutely great throwers.

I’ve had most of mine since they were stock.
Le ESP Comet at times
Bar stamp Buzzz
eMac Wasp?
Stb Teebird
11x Teebird
Totem JL Teebird
FaF Firebird?
All my distance drivers aren’t worth anything as far as I know

Proto Destroyers are almost magically good. I think it was those discs that got the whole Destroyer hype started in the first place. IMO they're still the best run of star Destroyers ever made. Absolutely great throwers.

Nailed it! I've had and still do some great destroyers but protos are ridiculous good. I just bought a used one the other day to sorta replace a super beat one and this thing was barely thrown! Took it out for the first time today and didn't have a single bad throw with it. Lately I've been trying out some Kong/zeus, cloud breakers, raiders, pharaohs and this thing out drove them all today and it's close to 13 years old. Those things are so $$$

Everything in my bag/cart is stock right now. I did just pay $40 for a '17 Jennifer Allen Teebird & it will probably sit in my unused box for a few years while I cycle my other two JA Teebirds.

It's not like beefy Teebirds are hard to find. I guess I really wanted to sustain some consistency in that spot.

I bag an early 12x run opaque faf firebird and an esp le comet. The rest of my bag is nothing special (stock runs from the last 5 years or so)

i have a first run swirly 175 cloudbreaker i was given...no ink...flies like a slightlg more stable dd3..or a glidy mcbeth destroyer(they do break in to be nice)...very good forehand...or bh flex....unfortunately i took a chunk out of it somehow...dont remember hitting anything so not as valuable i guess...i dont bring it out usually

I have a pre 2007 Ace Race ESP XL, that was before the ESP plastic changed to almost ESP FLX from start of 2007 Ace Race. Then for one year 2008 ESP FLX was all one could find. In 2009 after the return ESP was softer/less durable to about a 3x to 5x more durable X depending on the run. I use this ESP XL as my tick more OS Stalker.

A Pro Shark from last run in 2014, those are amazing for Shark discs, wanted more for a cycle of OS and Neutral. It was sad to see standard Pro got pulled for everything except fairway speed 7 on up, even most 6 do not get made in Pro.

USDGC Champion Roc. $25...nothing crazy. I mostly throw stock discs, and quite a bit of $8 DX. Only other note worthy discs are my Ring of Gators Champion Gator, and Luster Champion Aviar3.

Nailed it! I've had and still do some great destroyers but protos are ridiculous good. I just bought a used one the other day to sorta replace a super beat one and this thing was barely thrown! Took it out for the first time today and didn't have a single bad throw with it. Lately I've been trying out some Kong/zeus, cloud breakers, raiders, pharaohs and this thing out drove them all today and it's close to 13 years old. Those things are so $$$

Sometimes the prototype versions are so good in different discs no production run ever quite lives up to it. I kind of feel that way about the Zeus, it's a good disc in production to be sure, but the extra stability of the proto version was an amazing forehand disc.

Latest posts