• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most valuable/expensive disc you bag and throw

An interesting follow-up thread would be the total cost in your bag, or maybe an average value per disc.

Mine is pretty cheap. Three tie for the lead at $17.99 (tie-dye Z Comet purchased on Amazon, slightly older "PFN" Z Wasp purchased in 2019 on Marshall Street, and an Eclipse soft Proton Ion also from MST). I throw almost all premium plastic, with just one DX and two Pro discs, but do have some relative cheap premiums: two Innova F2s and four Discraft misprints. The Discraft discs in particular were a steal in retrospect.

One or two of those misprints would probably be the hardest and/or most expensive to replace. Though my "most irreplaceable," theyre probably not worth the most cash:
- A Star Teebird factory second, purchased back in 2015 with some McPro Aviars, was a really nice overstable run of "swirly star" way before I thought swirly Star was a thing. $11.99 at the time, and still looks and flies beautiful.
- 2015 Ledgestone Ti Zone from a misprint pack in 2015-2016. Somewhat "mildly" overstable and thus very workable.
- Misprint 174g ESP Surge from 2016 or 2017? Decent HSS for a Surge, but also excellent glide. It's my "Teebird equivalent driver" and one of my favorite headwind or downhill drivers. I suppose the main problem is they just don't make many ESP Surges these days.

would also be interested to see total set up cost

like discs+bag/cart+accessories

10x KC Pro aviar - putting putter
2 chains aviar - long range putter

4x USDGC roc - stable roc shot
2nd run FD - huk lab stamp
2nd run FD - normal stamp

PFN pearly Orcs - fresh one for FH - seasoned one for BH

depending on the course 11x CAL/CA TBs can go in the bag

Got this setup in a R3 Cart Combo...so yea...its pretty pricy I guess...oh well

Last edited:
Gotta be my custom colored Vibram putters... as long as any collector market exists at least.

I guess a K2 Kaxe... simply because Kastaplast is a tiny bit more expensive than other manufacturers.

My Sky God III. I do get nervous occasionally when I throw it which doesn't help but it just feels so good in the hand and fills the perfect spot in my throwing putter setup.

At the moment it's a stock stamped Ontario champ Classic Roc.

2018 Sexton Firebird.

I got a 2017 in the bag right now. Is that worth more? It's older. The rest are 20 bucks or less new, back in the good ol' days when you could buy stock discs online. Man I miss 2019.

I got a 2017 in the bag right now. Is that worth more? It's older. The rest are 20 bucks or less new, back in the good ol' days when you could buy stock discs online. Man I miss 2019.

New '17 Sextons go anywhere from $60-$100+ New depending on swirls and color.

You'd probably catch 40 easily for it unless it is absolutely thrashed

My bag is full of fancy discs...

I'll throw them for a couple years then throw them on the wall, most likely.

Being in Canada most of them are around the same price

Big Jerm Thunderbirds (Love the flight of the 2020)
Halo Star Teebird3's and Wraiths
Discraft Tour Series plastic

But the be all end all of my bag, once the spring hits is going to be the 5X Cryztal Luna, it'll piss off some collectors too and im more than okay with that.

I was lucky enough to nab a Cryztal Fierce ESPN2 championships commemorative disc on OTB for 27 before they got bought up 10 seconds later. Now I happily bag and throw it. Better than paying 70 bucks for it on ebay or keeping it on a wall IMO. Maybe eventually it'll go on a wall, but not right now.

Bag and throw CryZtal 5xLuna, Fierce and Zone. . throw alla of them every round, i have a few of the 5X Luna but only One CryZtal Fierce and one Estonian CryZtal Zone
But i like them so i throw them

First run Yeti Aviar
PFN Champ Banshee
2017 Sexton Firebird
PFN Champ Orc

I also have a SuperStar Teebird and a 2-ring Aviar that go in and out depending on my mood.

Nothing extremely exciting, but I do have plenty of other expensive throwers that just haven't been thrown in a while.

Above 40 degrees bag is different than winter bag but..
10x Kc Aviar
12x pfn Aviar
9x Roc
Old (1990's) San Marino Roc
Proto Star Excal
PFN Star TeeRex
1st run CE Teebird Tl
10x Teebird(s)
PFN Star Eagle(s)
CE leopard
old dx leopard
PFN Star Orc

RIP CE leopard-at least 18 years before a tree jumped out in front of it, shattered into pieces (only CE disc that ever cracked or broke)

I only throw what I can replace, all of these disc have a back up except for the EXCAL.
Very fortunate to start disc golf in 1999 and played advanced until 2004. I remember leaving tourney with stacks of CE plastic.

I haven't paid more than $16 for a disc, but I would guess my most valuable disc is an Ace Race Proto Ti Mantis that I got for super cheap since somebody wrote their name in large bubble letters on the top. Flies so nice and straight, a bit more overstable than the later production runs.

For my bag it would have to be my 4 claw zone. I can't believe how much some go for. I bought mine when it came out. I should probably sell it now

Occasionally I bag an one of my X1s.
They weren't expensive for me to acquire but would be expensive to replace.

My bag is pretty basic, so either my Halo Wraith ($25) or my OTB run Luster Firebird (I don't know the cost of a good flat Firebird, but probably also around $25.

Latest posts