• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most versatile driver?

Probably a lightly beat champ leopard for me. Enough stability to be able to throw hyzers and carefully use in the wind, but enough turn to throw hyzer flips and long turnovers. I'm pretty confident hitting just about any line under 310' with my leopard.

I think in order to be most versatile, you would be able to shoot hyzer, straight and anhyzer shots as well as distance and shorter shots with it. For that, I say the Cyclone. I picked up an ESP in my misprint deal and it is now my most used driver now.

I'd have to say my 166 star Wraith. It has fade that my Valk and other understable discs lack. And it's flippy enough I can anhyzer it effectively too.

I know I'm going to take some heat for this but the more I think about it i'd like to nominate the Roc for most versatile driver.

That's funny! When I read the title to this thread I wondered if you were including the Roc. I would vote for the Roc but I consider it a midrange. The disc I find most versatile as a driver would be the Cyclone in ESP or TP plastic.

finally tracked down a 166 champ teebird this weekend and i am in love :eek:

After 2 hours of practice throws i think i got it dialed in already.:p

Teebird/Wraith, depending on the plastic. Or, if you just want to get it in one plastic, it's still pretty versatile.

However, learning to throw different ways is much more versatile than one disc. (such as throwing an understable disc on a hyzer the whole way.

I know I'm going to take some heat for this but the more I think about it i'd like to nominate the Roc for most versatile driver.

Heat! I'm Pressuring you!

What in the world are you talking about?

might just be me.. but i feel like i can make my orc's do almost anything. nice long straight drives, s-turn drives, they can hold the annie line as well as the hyzer line. seems like everyone just has a disc that they are confident with that they have been playing with for a long time that they have learned how to throw well. for me its the orc and i find myself reaching for it more often than not. that said i love tee birds as well..

I vote for the QJLS. Hyzer, anhyzer, or straight. This disc can do it all. Decent putter too if you park it! haha

Either Avenger SS or beat in ESP Surge. I'd probably go with Surge if I had to say 1 because i can put it on a good hyzer, I can bomb in 450+, pretty good Anhyzer if needed (once beat in a bit), holds a good S curve and I use it for a lot of shorter get out of trouble overhead shots. It can be used for some forehand shots but since mine is beat in it can get flippy if I try to throw it too far forehand. I can hyzer flip it a mile and it's also helping me learn the flex shot right now. Dang I guess I should get more of these :)