• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

Just chiming in so i can feel included here in the disc golf/rollercoaster enthusiast combo thing. I'm at 98 roller coasters and I was finally gonna break 100 this year but of course CoRoNaViRuS :mad:

Unless you haven't updated your courses, it looks like you need to make a trek to SE Ohio. Lots of good courses to bag and King's Island has 14 coasters to add to your count...:thmbup:

In regards to the UDisc list, I have played 24. Most of those I could agree with being in a top 100 somewhere.
The biggest head scratcher for me is Oggwood in TN. It is not in my top 10 in the state.
I played it, never reviewed it for some reason, and time passed. I will try to play again soon so I give it a fair assessment. It won't be in the 4-5 range though.

In regards to the UDisc list, I have played 24. Most of those I could agree with being in a top 100 somewhere.
The biggest head scratcher for me is Oggwood in TN. It is not in my top 10 in the state.
I played it, never reviewed it for some reason, and time passed. I will try to play again soon so I give it a fair assessment. It won't be in the 4-5 range though.

Ben, what are your top ten Tennessee courses?

i think we have a lot similar ones. Mine are; Harmon Hills, Panther Creek, Cedar Hills, Athens Regional 18, Seven Oaks, Bud Hill, Sharpe Springs, Sinks, Cane Ridge and Barfield Crescent. (note: Cane is likely higher now in my rankings as i played it early in development. Also note, I haven't played Oggwood, Dickson or any of the higher rated Morristown and Knoxville courses besides Panther creek.)

I still need to try a B&M giga that's for sure.

It looks like a fun ride but they could have(or maybe even should have) done more with it. They say that steel price is the reason they didn't go taller or longer but then they put it in an area of the park that has some good terrain for some ground level features to add some length without having to build more massive supports but don't take advantage of it... doesn't make a lot of sense.

at least vq wasnt on there

was validated today on fb tcdg

vq is "run down"

all summer people been saying its run down and/or not taken care of

be aware of youre tryna bag this

also reports are its gimmicky but thats already well established

Glad it was in good shape when I played it in 2019.

I thought VQ was really fun, and more than a solid course. BRP is a better, more serious course, but I thought VQ paired as a great 2nd round after playing BRP... almost a little yin yang. Really has some great water holes.

I thought Bryant Lake was the best in the area.

By the way, Target Field is a hella cool ballpark. :thmbup:

Last edited:
I've got 45 of the UDisc top 100. It's a crazy list. Like someone else said, UDisc is great for navigation, score keeping, and making sure you aren't missing any courses that aren't listed on DGCR. The ratings are nuts though. Super biased by locals. Therefore, making any lists based on them isn't going to produce very legitimate results. DGCR is still the place to go for course ratings and, therefore, how courses compare to other courses. It isn't perfect but it's good enough.

As a side note, I got to 1,094 courses played this summer. I need to take the time to rank them and come out with my top 100. I haven't updated my rankings in a while.

was validated today on fb tcdg

vq is "run down"

all summer people been saying its run down and/or not taken care of

be aware of youre tryna bag this

also reports are its gimmicky but thats already well established

I enjoyed it when I played it, but throwing from that janky bridge thing on the last hole was pretty sketchy. That was 3 years ago I think.

Ben, what are your top ten Tennessee courses?

i think we have a lot similar ones. Mine are; Harmon Hills, Panther Creek, Cedar Hills, Athens Regional 18, Seven Oaks, Bud Hill, Sharpe Springs, Sinks, Cane Ridge and Barfield Crescent. (note: Cane is likely higher now in my rankings as i played it early in development. Also note, I haven't played Oggwood, Dickson or any of the higher rated Morristown and Knoxville courses besides Panther creek.)

Not quite the top 10 this thread is about, but since you asked....

Harmon Hills
Bud Hill
Cedar Hill
Sharp Springs
Cane Ridge
Mackenzie
Warriors Path
Seven Oaks
The Sinks
Woodland Park
Honorable Mentions- Meeman Shelby 36, Roane Co., Eiffel Tower Park, Dickson

Panther Creek is high on my wishlist
Haven't played Athens as an 18

My take on the Udisc list is that challenge is not necessarily a positive when you open up rating courses to the masses...
On the other hand, the fact that Udisc encourages the inclusion of different layouts is brilliant.

On the other hand, the fact that Udisc encourages the inclusion of different layouts is brilliant.

yeah we got some courses around here that if i was a course bagger playing once through and they were in all/mostly short i would think they are soft and boring

however if those same courses pins were in all longs or the "tougher" or more scenic placements it would bump the courses ratings at a few notches

the way it goes

yeah we got some courses around here that if i was a course bagger playing once through and they were in all/mostly short i would think they are soft and boring

however if those same courses pins were in all longs or the "tougher" or more scenic placements it would bump the courses ratings at a few notches

the way it goes

This why I am glad more courses are going to multiple baskets on holes, the only thing worse then going to a course and finding out it is set up for rec level players is going to a course that is set for rec level players but you have to walk the hole to find the basket because the tee sign doesn't show the basket placement, then walk back to the tee to throw.

:gross:

That's walking the course three times...to rec placements...

:wall:

:wall:

Add me to this list.

Rolling Pines is great course, but best in North Carolina? :rolleyes:
Of course it is. Concrete pads, without the trees to get in the way of the unskilled, but long chucker.

Last edited:
I play Hamby in preference to Rolling Pines any time it's my choice. [emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play Hamby in preference to Rolling Pines any time it's my choice. [emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To be honest, I've never played RP. All my advance scouts have assured me that it is not for me, being OLD AND IN THE WAY. But I do love Hamby !

Latest posts