• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Music on the course

What are your thoughts on people playing music on the course? I hold off on rocking speakers, but headphones are cool if playing solo. Usually it's not a big deal, but I was followed by a group blasting some awful tunes yesterday. It was probably ICP and/or Kid Rock, but I'm not 100% sure.

As long as it's not blaring, or offensive, it doesn't bother me.

Nice avatar, btw. And welcome to the site!

I play my music just loud enough to hear from ~15 feet away on the wide open course here in town and ~10 feet at the local course that is somewhat tight-knit. Never had a complaint.

What do people think about live bands playing during a tournament?

I've enjoyed the tournament much more with a live band jamming on part of the course.

I play my iPhone music or Pandora on the course (90's alternative, always). The nostalgia is relaxing.

I think it is wonderful for casual rounds. When money is on the line I might end up getting irritated by it. But shoot I'll try anything once, I wish disc golf was big enough here to have a live band playing at our course

I can go either way with it. Sometimes it is just nice to enjoy the birds and other sounds of nature while playing.

I always appreciate it when somebody who is playing music has the courtesy to pause/mute it while playing through or while letting others play through. Some people just don't like noise when they are taking a shot.

I've been to a few music festivals that have set up 9 hole courses for the weekend. The music is typically out of ear shot from the course, but it's definitely a solid addition. I'm all for music on the course as long as it doesn't suck.

That's the issue though, most people have different musical tastes. However, I have a specific playlist for disc golf. It's alltechno/ambient music. I feel like tbat is considerate. I would never play my death metal on the course.

I would be cool with MY playlist but I don't wanna hear yours. Its usually some rasta crap or death metal. Don't get me wrong, I like bob and the whalers and slipknot as much as anyone. But the obscure rasta gets old fast and I get too excited to putt when "wait and bleed" comes on. Keep your music in your headphones unless everyone your playing with is into it.

I'd rather not hear it. I'm usually playing alone in a rural area, and I enjoy relaxing and listening to natural sounds. Having some dudes blasting out their favorite tunes is just annoying in that setting.

I don't play with head phones, can't focus on my game when I do. With headphones, the music's to "front and center..." it commands my attention and my game goes to hell.

I actually like it when someone has classic rock or hard rock on speakers, at a nice level that can only be heard around our hole. It relaxes me and is easy for me to push aside mentally when I'm throwing.

Nice avatar, btw. And welcome to the site!
that's waaayyyyy better than nice.

GO BLUE!!! :hfive:

I can go either way with it. Sometimes it is just nice to enjoy the birds and other sounds of nature while playing.

I always appreciate it when somebody who is playing music has the courtesy to pause/mute it while playing through or while letting others play through. Some people just don't like noise when they are taking a shot.

This. I don't encourage it, and I probably won't say anything about it to you. But after you leave is another story...

I enjoy ear buds on solo rounds, but I would be too worried about the nuisance projecting music could cause others on the course.

I don't mind something mellow playing, but robot sex music gets old real fast during a round. Especially when its blaring.

I don't mind it at all as long as I can't hear it from 100 ft away. Don't like it when tourney players wear earbuds though. Bugs me for some reason.

I don't feel safe. What if somebody yells fore and I can't hear it?

the music is always awful, if it isn't, the speakers are.

just enjoy some quiet time in the woods ya dummies.

check-it-out-with-dr-steve-brule-planes-pt-1.jpg

Latest posts