• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

How so? And why would you move away from it? I like my medium Anode for approaching/anyhyzers, but I wish I had a soft to putt with. But I'm not too picky about the grip. The soft is nice, but I still use the medium for putting.
The anode loves a little more spin than i like. when i am using the anode vs the challenger the anode requires a little more snap if you will. I am noticing that my challengers are putting a ton better after learning to putt with the anode. I am not giving up on it just yet.

The anode loves a little more spin than i like. when i am using the anode vs the challenger the anode requires a little more snap if you will. I am noticing that my challengers are putting a ton better after learning to putt with the anode. I am not giving up on it just yet.

Ah, I unfortunately typically "float" my putts. Although I know it's not the best way. The Ion made me work harder and made me work on my aim and snap.

I liked he Anode for the putting, but it certainly doesn't require as much snap as the Ion does on putts for teaching purposes, I think.

I don't care about getting you banned? Clearly you two don't agree, which is fine, you both can voice your opinions, but when it's a "yes huh" "not uh" "yes huh" type of arguement...what's the point?

Also, just because you can't throw an extreme anny AND a flex shot with an Anode doesn't mean that it cannot happen...

^^this...that's all i've read this guy do...:wall:

Just got a medium Anode @ 172, and I have to say it is pretty darn nice. It's everything I liked about the old textured bottomed IONs (meaning straight and straighter), but is more HSS, more tolerant to wind and more OAT resistant, harder to turn over than my new clear medium IONs actually, along with being a bit faster and glidier, and feeling a bit nicer in my hand.

So everything I liked about the old IONs plus added reliability. Good show MVP. =)

I have a soft UV Anode, love it.
this :thmbup:

422544_10151403751505545_828290544_22970771_1462095001_n.jpg

Is there any speculation as to if they will be a tick more or less stable than the other anode?

I've got medium ions in eclipse and proton. The protons are 7/10 eclipse 9/10 -- The differences in flight I've noticed seem to match the difference in wear. The eclipses are just a tad more overstable. I can only tell the difference in putting practice where I'm throwing them all in succession multiple times, so the difference is marginal.

My guess is if I had a 10/10 eclipse and a 10/10 proton of the same weight, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference in flight. I can only guess that you'd see the same from the medium anode.

I should note that sometimes I get the feeling that the eclipse version feels a little bit softer, but it's minor (if not just in my head). But, I've wondered if that was the difference in eclipse/proton or if it was just the production runs.

I've noticed the same HSS and maybe a tick less LSS in the Eclipses, otherwise flight is exactly the same.