• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Axis

did you look at the picture he posted? I wouldn't call it vector (at first it seemed like one 4 sure) but that proton looks really odd even compared to the difference in the throwback and FR I posted.

Last edited:
Yeah, I mean it looks more like a Vector than an Axis does, not saying that it looks like a Vector. It's the strangest rimmed Axis I've ever seen.

4 rill. I don't like that **** MVP. get you vector and axis game straight! Keep the vector domey too while you're at it. :p

So what was the verdict on the blue Axis, because it's on its way to me lol (thanks MikeM!)

Not unless it says FR on stamp. Id say its going to be like a regular axis vs the white one which was vector looking. The 2 i posted are different with green being FR. I think that blue one looks similar so should fly like a buzzz thats used.

Not unless it says FR on stamp. Id say its going to be like a regular axis vs the white one which was vector looking. The 2 i posted are different with green being FR. I think that blue one looks similar so should fly like a buzzz thats used.

Word. I'm not quite caught up on the GYRO yet.

My last round saw some pretty horrible drives, so I was forced to bust out the Axis more than usual. Have you ever just stared at your throw in wonder, and admiration? That's how I saw several throws with this disc. It has seasoned to perfection, and is now basically an MVP Comet. Such glidey, straight flying goodness. It really is a joy to throw the Axis, and I'm surprised it doesn't get much more love on here.

...Have you ever just stared at your throw in wonder, and admiration? That's how I saw several throws with this disc. ....
Yes! I even remember the first time this happened with my P Axis: Hole 2 of Blue Valley of Kansas DGC. I'd only been playing 5 months and did not have enough skill to get that kind of shot regularly, but that one shot inspired me to stick with the Axis. Either a Proton or Neutron is always in my bag.
...It has seasoned to perfection, and is now basically an MVP Comet....
I bag a Comet, too. It is there not for straight shots--I've never done as well with the Comet for those as with an Axis or a Blowfly II--but for floaty, glidey, relatively tight anhyzers...and, more recently, midrange rollers. My N Axis still has a healthy fade most of the time. Each has its slot and, for me, I don't see enough overlap to kick out one.
...Such glidey, straight flying goodness. It really is a joy to throw the Axis, and I'm surprised it doesn't get much more love on here.
So am I, except... too many focus too much on finding straight drivers that go 500' because they want a birdie on on every hole. :\

Yea, a new Axis has a bit of fade at the end, but mine is a FR Neutron. All the fade is gone and it is just point and shoot. It is more torque resistant than a Comet still, but of all the MVP discs I've thrown, it's most similar.

I like my Proton Axis, and looking to pick up another. But, I'm wondering if I should diversify a tad and scootch over to the Vector.
From my understanding, same disc but slightly more overstable. Maybe it can handle a little more power and still come back.

I like my Proton Axis, and looking to pick up another. But, I'm wondering if I should diversify a tad and scootch over to the Vector.
From my understanding, same disc but slightly more overstable. Maybe it can handle a little more power and still come back.

Yep. The Vector can handle more power than the Axis, and has a little more fade at the end. I'm not really well versed enough in Vectors though to be able to tell you which plastic is more overstable. The Proton one I have is moderately stable/overstable, and I'd bag it for sure, if the courses I played were shorter.

The most overstable are going to be the pop-top First Runs. I had a flat N that was straight-slightly understable. The FR are good headwind fighters and really glidey.

I'm thinking about trying out an Axis at some point here. There are a lot of pages in this thread but from what I have read, I probably should have taken Mike Cs advice a long time ago when he suggested an Axis would be ideal setup with Proxy and Envy fast putter setup.

I kind of like the look of the Eclipse and would be nice to differentiate from rest of my bag... is there any concern to Eclipse coming out more stable or anything? Or does it just vary run to run, or are most all Axis' (axi?) fairly straight line holders regardless of plastic options? Thank you

In my experience an axis is an axis. The only variation I've really noticed with this mold is that neutron lacks the little bit of LSS that the eclipse/proton have. Just kind of settled down instead of faded back as it slowed. Either way you are looking at pretty dead straight with any axis.

Man I'd like to see a plasma axis...

I'll second a Plasma Axis.

As far as plastics the Eclipse/Proton may start out a little more stable but will end up the same as neutron once you wear it in.

On a flat rip my Neutron is dead straight and my Eclipse has a little fade at the end. The Eclipse is newer and has less wear.

I jumped on the Vector / Axis / Envy combo this summer and it's solid for me.

N Vector is straight with a hint of fade at finish. I grab it first on just about every reasonably reachable drive now. It takes high power well and holds it's line - as such, I use it for narrow, tunnel, and low-ceiling shots... which seems to be most holes around here. I also like it for downhills where I need control.

N Axis has got some HST early in it's flight. I find it to have a lot of glide. I cannot go full power on the Axis. It's used when a Vector is inappropriate. For instance, I use the Axis when danger is in front of me and to the right and I need to go left and hold a line. It'll go left, flip up, and glide out straight. I also like it for a distance mid-range. It's longer than Vector thanks to the glide. Great for tailwinds. When I've got room to air it out and I don't feel the need for a driver, I'm throwing the Axis.

If they came out in Plasma (and even better... White Plasma), I'd buy both.

Well this threads been dormant for a while..

I had some favourable results with my FR Axis it's been well loved.. I have an eclipse that's way more stable.. I was looking online and as far as I can tell the only plasmas available are circuit stamp and 178-179g. Has anyone seen plasmas preferably 176g?

Latest posts