• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
no it doesn't. You wont make any disc OS by hitting trees over time and the surface resistance becomes less with wear.

I want my volt to break in faster, its to beefy right now. sorry if didn't state that earlier. I could care less if I can stretch the PLH or whatever he was trying to say.

yea I'm pretty sure breaking in a disc doesn't make it over stable so unless that was a typo whats your point?

You said tuning a disc is like breaking it in... they are not the same at all.

One raises and lowers the PLH superficially and the other keeps the mold and design consistent while flight adjusts with wear. IMO if you want to tune a disc to get a higher PLH fine but to make it understable seems pretty pointless being in a premium plastic, its something you would need to do regularly vs just beat it up once and done.

I want my volt to break in faster, its to beefy right now. sorry if didn't state that earlier. I could care less if I can stretch the PLH or whatever he was trying to say.

30 seconds rubbing it on a tee and your volt is seasoned. Bottom and top rough it up'

I have used the technique to make a proton volt less stable, it takes a LOT of work and time to have an effect, but it works to slightly lower the PLH.. Its MUCH easier to do with most other brands, like champion innova plastic takes to the stretching very well.

I usually have to bend the MVP plastic all the way in half all the way around about 10 times to get a noticeable change in PLH.

I have used the technique to make a proton volt less stable, it takes a LOT of work and time to have an effect, but it works to slightly lower the PLH.. Its MUCH easier to do with most other brands, like champion innova plastic takes to the stretching very well.

I usually have to bend the MVP plastic all the way in half all the way around about 10 times to get a noticeable change in PLH.

I've done the same to Volts, and it has had a similar effect on a Tesla I tried it on. Just did it enough to give it a hint of turn before it actually beats.

10259720_718257188231159_1698651557399237014_n.jpg

Found this sweet pic on MVP's FB page. Not sure if this member posts here, but that is a sweet collection.

Did anyone else receive very sub-par Special Edition Tesla discs this week? All 3 of mine are 8.5 at best on a scale of 1-10 with major scuffing and parts of the stamp scuffed off. Retailer says they came from the factory that way and black discs show wear worse than other colors. Both of which could be true...

Just wondering what other have gotten....

Some people theorized that if you make your bend really quickly then hold the bend the disc will be more likely to stay tuned. They believed that by quickly bending the disc it will heat up. Not sure on the heat part but for some discs it does seem to help.

Did anyone else receive very sub-par Special Edition Tesla discs this week? All 3 of mine are 8.5 at best on a scale of 1-10 with major scuffing and parts of the stamp scuffed off. Retailer says they came from the factory that way and black discs show wear worse than other colors. Both of which could be true...

Just wondering what other have gotten....

where you get yours from? also how was it packaged?

I got mine right out of the shipping box (from MVP) at a local shop and they all looked just fine

some of the black LE tesla's i received were scuffed or even scratched so I threw them.

on another note, the tesla is flying awesome for me, and I need a metallic one (see green) or 3 more. help me out!

Well I'll be a monkeys uncle if I didn't find a solution to my Volt dilemma.

Recently I lost my best, beat-up Volt. I was very depressed with the reports of the newer runs of Volt being more OS. As I was going through my discs, figuring out what I want to ship back to the States, I found a couple of my first run Shocks. I went out and threw them today...perfection! Fly just like my most trusted Volt!

Since I have three of them, and MVP is damn-near indestructible, I should have more than enough to last me for quite some time!

some of the black LE tesla's i received were scuffed or even scratched so I threw them. !

same.... Zam- any idea wtf is up with this? I have some seen a few things in the past couple orders which slightly below the normal MVP quality IMO.

My inertias were not super fresh either. the 2 I bagged one had a HUGE cut out of the OM where it was trimmed way too much, one had bad stamp and some scratching.

Its not like there is a million $ to be made selling DG discs and when you have to eat a few of them b/c of condition straight from the factory its a little annoying' I was actually worried about getting complaints on the LE this time'

I've noticed the same thing as well. A few dark splotches on the flightplate of my yellow Inertia, several areas of excess plastic sticking out of the overmold on some discs, and a few gouges in the overmold. QC has been way down on my recent MVP purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.