• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the finish problems as well. Light, uniform stuffing. It looks like polishing marks on the mold itself; like someone used a bench grinder/steel brush to do the finish work. I've seen it on other molds and colors, but it really sticks out on the glossy black.

Exactly. A few actually had true scuffing which I kept like we talked about before but the look is almost a fiberglass appearance which you reference.

Yea, I know. I was talking bare bones though. It's enough to get him started. I agree on adding the Inertia also.

Yea, I know. I was talking bare bones though. It's enough to get him started. I agree on adding the Inertia also.

I never clicked with the amp much but love the inertia. Its a great compliment to the tesla for sure and is a little hard to control in any kind of winds but fun disc with easy D really. Impulse is going to bomb even for you! :p

I can't wait dude. The Impulse is going to be so fun to throw. I want to see Mike C rip one with a nice tailwind at his back. It makes me smile just thinking about it.

WHAT?! Never enough :p

::bag full of MVP discs::

Ion
Tangent
Alias
Crave
Volt
resistor
inertia
tesla

throw in the anode and switch too which are on the fence and its game over.

The Ion, Inertia, and amp are on their way along with the Anode. I got the SE Tesla earlier this week. This is what happens when you have a $100 amazon gift card

So I just got done with a round.
Crave flew excellent. Backhand and forehand were really straight and pretty good distance.
I really love the axis. I have a roc3 and a kc pro roc and I think I like it better than both of those. I was even able to forehand it which I can't with the rocs.
The jury is still out on the Envy. It flew nice when I tried it as a mid range. I'm not a very good putter so every putter seems the same to me.

So I just got done with a round.
Crave flew excellent. Backhand and forehand were really straight and pretty good distance.
I really love the axis. I have a roc3 and a kc pro roc and I think I like it better than both of those. I was even able to forehand it which I can't with the rocs.
The jury is still out on the Envy. It flew nice when I tried it as a mid range. I'm not a very good putter so every putter seems the same to me.

Awesome. Don't think of envy as a mid. Think of it as an approach disc

Whats the difference? I think i've been using my mids as a approach disc this whole time.

The Envy is equally useful as a putter, approach disc, and even as a driver on short holes. Typically putters and mids are more accurate as approach discs. They are usually easier to control, and therefore hit their mark often.

In fact, your putter is your best approach disc in most situations, as long as the shot is within your range.

Whats the difference? I think i've been using my mids as a approach disc this whole time.

The higher speed the disc you use on approach, the bigger the possible blow by if you don't throw as intended. Use a mid range when you don't need max distance, for you probably 225 and in. Until you are comfortable 100 and in for the envy. The envy will be more controlable and less likely to go way off line or way deep.

As you gain more skill you can stretch those distances out.

Decent collection of MVP & Axiom plastic?

Attachments

• 10155464_10203691780324114_120545892142735805_n.jpg
    10155464_10203691780324114_120545892142735805_n.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.