• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a personal "spring/summer best" at my home 9 hole course with all MVP of -8. My fall/winter best is -9, the course really opens up with the leaves gone. I almost birdied hole one too, but I put just a little too much on my amp and I missed the 40' putt. Really digging my bag set up at the moment though.

How do the Soft N Ions sit? Do they skip less than the regular N?

yeah they 'absorb defections' more than the regular neutron, wether it be chains, metal, trees, or the ground.

My stable Axis I can throw up to about 400' without it turning, and I can count in a straight shot in a mild headwind if I give it a bit of hyzer for holes 300-350'.

There are some Axis I've thrown with a slightly lower plh and totally flat top that do fly with a bit of high speed turn. I haven't seen any of these for a while, but if anyone remembers the beat up reddish orange eclipse axis I used to throw that was one of those. Before the Tangent came out it was the best option for a turning mid.

I haven't seen any neutron Axis like these, only protons / eclipse from 2011 I'm pretty sure.

By the way here is a new video with some nice MVP shots.

This hole is in the 370-380' range and you can see what I mean about my Neutron Axis.

Note the Volts in that video were really light and not as stable as the ones I threw in the Roscoe video.

This hole is in the 370-380' range and you can see what I mean about my Neutron Axis.

Note the Volts in that video were really light and not as stable as the ones I threw in the Roscoe video.

Are you adjusting each throw to park the basket? I'm assuming you are because after the anode and ion, which seemed to be on hyzer and one anhyzer release, everything just lands pretty!

Awesome video, btw!

I would like to begin speculation on MVP's next release now that we've seen the flight charts. Personally, I hope it is a fourth fairway driver (way overstable?) because I can't see myself discing up to full distance for awhile.

Do you think we will have to wait till after summer, or is it about to arrive at the testers' doors?

I would like to begin speculation on MVP's next release now that we've seen the flight charts. Personally, I hope it is a fourth fairway driver (way overstable?) because I can't see myself discing up to full distance for awhile.

I would like to see a shallow putter, or at least an understable putter. Or Soft Neutron.:popcorn:

Do you think we will have to wait till after summer, or is it about to arrive at the testers' doors?

We will probably have to wait till there sales slow down and they decent they need to release something new.

I bought a Soft Proton Ion 171g and I like it better then the Neutron. The Proton has better glide than the Neutron for me, which works great for putting in the circle. I still like the Neutron for long approaches where there can't be any skipping. With the combination of the Neutron and Proton Ion's I made 60 percent more putts then just the Neutron alone.

I love the feel of the soft Proton!

A soft eclipse proton volt... @_@

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.