• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so these new Proton Volts looks absolutely awesome and I will probably get one to try out but from all this talk about them being more stable, I am left with a bit of a problem. I am only getting a lil less than 300ft so I am currently using a "flippy" neutron volt as my distance driver. It is 168g, hot pink and flat as a board. I love this freakin thing. But since it seems like the volts will likely be more stable from now on I am guessing I will have to look for a new distance driver for a backup and/or if I ever lose this disc. On a flat release it will start off straight then start tracking slowing to the right and get alot of distance in this phase and then at the end it gets a solid forward fade to bring it back so that it lands just a touch to the left (RHBH thrower.) I can put a small hyzer on it if I want that will minimize the turn and make it land more left if I need it to. Now, I have tried an Amp (same weight) and it did not fly anything like this, the amp just seemed to want to hold any line I released it on or when thrown flat, would barely turn and finish with a slightly smaller fade but without as much distance. So I would love to know what else I should look at in case I cannot find another volt like mine. I am thinking maybe the escape or saint as I prefer MVP and Lat64 but would like to hear some thoughts from those that have experience with MVP. Thanks guys!

veruca-salt-now.jpg

It won't just be red either

I'll be mixing up the color on that 2nd foil

I know there were some issues with certain stamp colors not working great with Neutron. Do you foresee having better luck with the Proton plastic?

Would love to see some funky combo colors.

Ok, so these new Proton Volts looks absolutely awesome and I will probably get one to try out but from all this talk about them being more stable, I am left with a bit of a problem. I am only getting a lil less than 300ft so I am currently using a "flippy" neutron volt as my distance driver. It is 168g, hot pink and flat as a board. I love this freakin thing. But since it seems like the volts will likely be more stable from now on I am guessing I will have to look for a new distance driver for a backup and/or if I ever lose this disc. On a flat release it will start off straight then start tracking slowing to the right and get alot of distance in this phase and then at the end it gets a solid forward fade to bring it back so that it lands just a touch to the left (RHBH thrower.) I can put a small hyzer on it if I want that will minimize the turn and make it land more left if I need it to. Now, I have tried an Amp (same weight) and it did not fly anything like this, the amp just seemed to want to hold any line I released it on or when thrown flat, would barely turn and finish with a slightly smaller fade but without as much distance. So I would love to know what else I should look at in case I cannot find another volt like mine. I am thinking maybe the escape or saint as I prefer MVP and Lat64 but would like to hear some thoughts from those that have experience with MVP. Thanks guys!

I really wouldn't worry about this. Neutron Volts aren't going anywhere, and MVP isn't known for having molds that vary tremendously depending on the conditions of molding.

I really wouldn't worry about this. Neutron Volts aren't going anywhere, and MVP isn't known for having molds that vary tremendously depending on the conditions of molding.

I absolutely love the lines I get my Neutron Volt on. I think Proton and Neutron plastic Volts will be two different discs for the most part.

unfortunately it is time to expand my bag with some non MVP discs. been doing great only mvp but gotta move back to some distance drivers. Been awhile since i have had to research reviews on discs! Hopefully they are just temp slots though until MVP releases some legendary drivers.

Is there any flight difference in the Proton and Neutron plastic? Especially for the Ion and Anode? I'm having a hard time with grip issues with my Ions for putting and thinking about going with the Neutron. I just started throwing MVP and just trying to get more educated on the plastic!

With putters its not a great deal of difference outside of feel.

Generally the Proton has a touch more HSS vs Neutron. The difference to me is not monumental; more about feel

With putters its not a great deal of difference outside of feel.

Generally the Proton has a touch more HSS vs Neutron. The difference to me is not monumental; more about feel

Alright cool! Think I'm gonna grab some Neutrons for putting and keep using my Protons for driving

I would rather see the Protons right now to be honest. If a driver came out I wouldn't be super happy. Although anything new is nice. Overall baseline Anode & Ion are the biggest hole in the lineup by far as of now.

I think we should all sign a somehow legally binding petition saying that Mike C has to give us a teaser as soon as he gets anything remotely about a distance driver.... just sayin :D

even though it probably wont happen till next spring/early summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts