• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Havnt done much recently any good but had a few decent vids last year or so. I just played my course in full today for the first time in 5 months. It got me excited. I'm gonna go nuts this year on clearing rough and try to invest in more easier golf for the future.

Thanks. Havnt done much recently any good but had a few decent vids last year or so. I just played my course in full today for the first time in 5 months. It got me excited. I'm gonna go nuts this year on clearing rough and try to invest in more easier golf for the future.
That North Side Narrows couse looks awesome.

That North Side Narrows couse looks awesome.

Thanks bud. It's my baby. I hadn't played it in forever because of deep snow but finally played a full round yesterday and it felt great. My goal is to bust ass clearing rough this year and to put some more dough into baskets and teepads to try to have a tourney next year. If not it will be the year after. We'll see.

Frontrow, XLhammy is a new schooler MVPhead ;).

Thanks bud. It's my baby. I hadn't played it in forever because of deep snow but finally played a full round yesterday and it felt great. My goal is to bust ass clearing rough this year and to put some more dough into baskets and teepads to try to have a tourney next year. If not it will be the year after. We'll see.

Frontrow, XLhammy is a new schooler MVPhead ;).

Indeed, but I'm a quick study ;-)

And teaching the next generation to discern between translucent neutron and normal opaque!

Haha - yeah, my kids have caught on. I took them to the field with me yesterday for some practice, and they held up every Neutron disc to the sun to check!

When I get a resistor should I get it in a heavier weight or just go with what my other drivers are?

I like my wind fighting discs to be max. No need for a lighter one IMO unless you are trying to get more D(which I don't find useful in a OS mold anyways) its VERY overstable disc no matter what weight and If you cant throw 300'+ there wont be a ton of difference even going 150 class to max. 150 firebirds/Flicks etc are all very OS even when light weight.

Other than the feel and look what are the differences between the proton and neutron disc?
I live in Oregon so I play in a good amount of rain. Is there one that has a better grip when wet or is easier to dry off?

Neutron now has more pliability and offers more grip than it was when it first came out so IMO I would go with that -- not every disc you will have a choice anyways. There is no real difference in durability or stability and never really has been. Its always been more about feel and look. Neutron grip has improved though.

Neutron is now more grippy and slightly less durable than last years neutron blend, i have noticed.. the die hards on here will tell you otherwise but it really is a bit less durable.

Honestly, i see it as a good thing because i like it when discs break in and change a little more over time.

Neutron is now more grippy and slightly less durable than last years neutron blend, i have noticed.. the die hards on here will tell you otherwise but it really is a bit less durable.

Honestly, i see it as a good thing because i like it when discs break in and change a little more over time.

I am on the fence regarding the durability change. IMO it actually makes them less impacted by direct hits as they aborb it better but also seem to scratch easier. Its not that the plastic is really any less durable though it just has a different surface resistance and resulting scuffs. There are still very solid neutron vs the more opaque and that is the biggest difference.

Drone is stupid OS.. neither the vector or tensor compare really at all. Both are fairly straight with fade type of overstable mids specially over the life of the discs where the vector will develop a little turn and keep a lot of its fade where the tensor will keep its HSS but lose a little bit of the fade IMO. Vector is a little faster and more workable (IMO one of the longer MVP mids when seasoned its very much like a beefy axis) While the tensor is more of a unique OS midrange disc and was always a little strange to me without really excelling at anything my other discs couldn't already do.

There is no MVP drone (nor can I see why anyone would NEED that kind of disc really) I use a resistor in this slot. Alias is my most "OS" midrange and its not even really over-stable at all.

Last edited:
I use it in these crazy West Texas winds. Plus, up until recently, I had a nasty habit of leaning back and forcing anny occasionally. I've worked on cleaning that up and it's getting better. Anyway it was a security blanket I guess. I like it for FH approaches, shorter spike hyzer approaches and the like. I might try my brother in laws Resistor for a few rounds and see how it compares. I'm steadily trying to work most of my non MVP discs out.

Resistor can do short beefy approaches in a pinch but it's a slow fairway, so not a full time Drone replacement. Aim is right that the Tensor is a bit of an odd bird for an overstable mid, as it's more straight to fade than wind killing beefy. I bagged it for a few months but never clicked with it. It's probably not overstable enough to be what you're looking for. MVP doesn't have something for this slot; the Tensor is as close as they get.

Working on an MVP bag. What would be first two discs to buy if I have:
Volt/Amp/Shock
Resistor
Axis/Vector/Tangent
Anode

I am thinking I would need something Leopardish(champ) maybe? Just not sure if the new drivers are long enough to justify adding over the trio above. Thanks for any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts