• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I micromanage my bag in general, though I'm pretty sure I've got it dialed in with the exception of my neutral/us mid and destroyers vs a pd2/katana combo until I can season in a ppd2.

Might be making a trip to the store here soon.

Thrown photons yet?

I hear that. there are about 4 unique flights from the 2 plastics currently. I do look forward to trying a plasma and proton. Just a matter of time id assume. Lets throw soon you can toss the 2 i have left. Need to get some more fissions and different weight neutrons. Havent thrown 150s yet just 160s and 170s + all weight fissions.

Photon and Wave are the ones I really want to try, but I fear they will demote my Inertia and Tesla to irrelevance. If it ain't broke, don't fix it?

Photon probably will.

Wave definitely wont. Inertias are going back in my bag after lots of insanity love and messing with the impulse virus wave plasma tesla etc. Virus is sticking around and inertia making comeback.

Photon probably will.

Wave definitely wont. Inertias are going back in my bag after lots of insanity love and messing with the impulse virus wave plasma tesla etc. Virus is sticking around and inertia making comeback.

Is the Wave really that much less stable than the Inertia? Hmm, might have to consider it for turnover driver.

I really don't like screwing with weights like you guys do either. :p no car right now though. :/

I used to be more that way but molds like the volt and tesla in 160s/150s really give some unique lines while keeping same feel and familiar flight. I never thought id like a 166g distance driver so much but that photon is $! I do prefer the plastic difference vs weight like we see with plasma and fission molds just a problem with only max wt throwers re:fission.

Mid to upper 160s are starting to take over my bag. I think my preferred weight now for just about everything would be around 165. Now I want to rebut all my heavier stuff in lower weights.

I used to be more that way but molds like the volt and tesla in 160s/150s really give some unique lines while keeping same feel and familiar flight. I never thought id like a 166g distance driver so much but that photon is $! I do prefer the plastic difference vs weight like we see with plasma and fission molds just a problem with only max wt throwers re:fission.

166 is the lowest i'm willing to go for any driver. *shrug* but i have a hard time believing it would give me two completely different flights. especially since i don't like throwing max weight drivers to begin with. i try to stick sub 170.

Pretty noticeable from 166 to 174g. Specially once botb were worked a little. Just lost the heavy and putting a 172 in the bag. Photons at 130g 40g were odd. I liked the 164g fission though later fade more turn and glide.

...i have a hard time believing it would give me two completely different flights....

My Waves are at 153g and 173g... yes, that's a big weight spread, but the flights are almost totally different. The 153g is so flippy understable that I feel NO need to try an Orbital. The 173g is stable enough that I don't carry the Photon for headwinds anymore; I just throw the 173g Wave.

If I lose the 153g Wave, I'll search for a 163-165g Wave to replace it.

I have a 141g Photon and it can surprisingly fight the wind. It's effortless distance and when accuracy isn't a must the photon looks to be my go-to.

On another note, I took out the Crave and used the Volt to cover every shot I normally do with ease.

Here is quick video of me throwing a vector and motion on some anhyzer lines. These are the most overstable discs in my bag so obviously not a typical shot but wanted to demonstrate its not really about stability but rather how you throw in order to get the flight desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts