• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the complete opposite.

:popcorn:

I will switch back to my MVP bag as soon as they release base plastic (AT LEAST for putters) and a beefy approach disc like a zone, and speed 12+ discs.

I just feel like if i throw MVP it has to be 100% MVP because of their discs unique feel/flight imo

Base plastic putter will rule.

BUT! Imagine how insane a base Volt would be? Amp? Inertia? Tangent? Axis?

The mind overflows with joyous thoughts...

seriously guys base plastic is for beginners and water holes, what is the point of a base plastic mvp disc? if youre missing putts it's not the disc.

well honestly i dont need my discs to break in a lot because i can throw stable/ overstable stuff. i personally have no problems with the feel of my discs in any condition, nor do my putts chain out.

how will base plastic benefit me?

well honestly i dont need my discs to break in a lot because i can throw stable/ overstable stuff. i personally have no problems with the feel of my discs in any condition, nor do my putts chain out.

how will base plastic benefit me?

how the hell will baseline mvp benefit anyone? its the outer gyrowhatever rim that will hold its shape. its hard as hell and durable. i dont get how having a "baseline" (crappier) plastic core is going to improve anyones game

We don't know how they will configure baseline, or what the actual plastic will be like. It might be a more durable type like KC Pro. Don't forget that many players have said they don't throw MVP becuase there's no baseline. It's what you (we) want.

how the hell will baseline mvp benefit anyone? its the outer gyrowhatever rim that will hold its shape. its hard as hell and durable. i dont get how having a "baseline" (crappier) plastic core is going to improve anyones game

i agree with this 100%, but people will claim they need the feel of rough plastic to have confidence in their throws.

It might not benefit you. That's doesn't mean it's only for beginners.

then tell me why exactly you want base plastic mvp discs, while keeping in mind that the entire purpose of the overmold is moving density to the outer edge, and that base plastics are less dense than premium.

The OM would have to be the same plastic to bond to the core. Although a pro-ish core with the same OM would be cool, I imaging more glide and grip with similar long term durability. Hmmm...

Any baseline MVP disc will have similar polymers in the core and overmold. I would assume that weighting agents can be added to a base OM to make it more dense than its base core. I would also assume that MVP will not release any discs that are not GYRO.

Zam has already mentioned he's fondled baseline MVP discs and they were "NOICE."

It's only a matter of time, my friend.

Zam has already mentioned he's fondled baseline MVP discs and they were "NOICE."

hes a graphic designer dude! he posts here with one hand while photoshopping Einstein with the other... not the most reliable source ya know.

I shouldn't misquote him. He said they were "protos." Lest we think they are already in production.

Anyway Nolan, I trust Zam just a smidge more than I trust you. :D

The entire disc is baseline, not just the core. It isn't the same overmold material we're used to. Personally, using the putting grip that I do, the texture of a baseline disc is what feels "right" to me. I have yet to throw and wear one in but I'm hoping to get a nice burred-up chunked-out floaty beat putter. I believe my beat Wiz have a unique low-speed responsiveness.

That's basically exactly it. Beat base plastic just responds better at low power. Take an anode and give it even more glide. Or the ion. It's going to be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.