• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it looks like there is another manufacturer trying out the OM process. I wonder if the Chinese knockoffs fail as badly as Innova's attempts have, and if Failent will also have a line of overmolds coming soon.

With more and more people trying this out, maybe it will serve to dispel the myth of "overmolding doesn't really alter the disc's flight". After all, the Chinese aren't known for knocking off bad ideas...

So it looks like there is another manufacturer trying out the OM process. I wonder if the Chinese knockoffs fail as badly as Innova's attempts have, and if Failent will also have a line of overmolds coming soon.

With more and more people trying this out, maybe it will serve to dispel the myth of "overmolding doesn't really alter the disc's flight". After all, the Chinese aren't known for knocking off bad ideas...

At least you dispel the myth of "racism doesn't exist anymore in America"

At least you dispel the myth of "racism doesn't exist anymore in America"

lol, you're the racist one for even bringing it up. I bet if it was a Swedish or German company who made a knockoff and someone made the same comment you wouldn't say a thing.. The only racist person is the one who makes an issue out of it in the first place.

Lol, if he had said "after all the Swedes arnt known for knocking off bad ideas..." The tone would still be racist.

Swedes aren't a race. That's not what race means.

That's not what race means now. The original delineation of race was actually done by language. You can call it what you want, but if you don't think the statement made by puckstopper was racist.. you're wrong.

I throw them sometimes.

While debating the subtleties of race and ethnicity... AMIRITE? But seriously, a lot of companies have tried the overmold idea. I think it's kind of cool that others are doing it. I tried an Atlas and it was a decent disc. It had the most unique sound when it hit a tree.

You must not have thrown a flywood disc into a tree. THAT is a unique sound, lol, but not as much as when it goes in the basket

:D you both are wrong.. it would be latitude 64 GRIP line first run production models with the signature "latitude 64 dome" -- doesn't get any more strange sounding. Almost low key xylophone-ish into the chains and like bending a saw when hitting stuff.

I hate that discs like the atlas and nova are compared to MVP's. Their idea is behind performance not some odd chain grabbing gimmick or extra rim durability etc. If that stuff worked and sold well I think Quest and a few other odd ball disc manufacturers would be huge today.

Was checking out the best disc for OH shots and was wondering which MVP would be best for this. I don't use this shot much at all other than last resort get outta trouble. The only one I don't have yet is the Motion. I already know the Resistor is not good at this shot, just wants to stay vertical.

I don't throw a lot of overhands but something about the gyro I seriously think is in play with the more OS molds commonly find used for those shots where the resistor and motion don't get the same love. I would try a shock, servo, clash or switch depending on your power level and weight/wear etc...

Word. Ill give those a try and see what's best for me.
Thanks Aim

I don't throw a lot of overhands but something about the gyro I seriously think is in play with the more OS molds commonly find used for those shots where the resistor and motion don't get the same love. I would try a shock, servo, clash or switch depending on your power level and weight/wear etc...

Yeah I've been trying really hard to overhand my Motions and Resistors and they're just not doing it for me. I bag an H1 for that sort of madness, or use the Outlaw if its farther.

I tried to OH my Clash, but the rim is just too shallow for a comfortable grip for me. If I'm picking any disc for OH, I have to feel it first though. Grip is the most important measure of success for my OH.

On the plus side of the Clash, it glides like an elephant, so it probably will stay vertical if you do like the grip.

Gyro action is really seen on overhead shots. Its really hard to get mvp disc to rotate barrel roll. When it does, it needs quite much space to do it. I can get decent distances out of them, but they take too much space to do it in our local wooded courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.