• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really disappointed in MVP right now. I didn't think they would make us wait this long after ions for Electron anodes.

Yea, I don't know either. Unless they have to make a new overmold piece for the Anodes, and that's the reason for the delay.

Well, theoretically, they should probably be pretty busy running all the various circuit discs, and designing/testing the new MVP 23mm class, as well as the Axiom 21.5 class...

Maybe you guys will get lucky and they are waiting to debut the anode with the firm electron...

Last edited:
Maybe you guys will get lucky and they are waiting to debut the anode with the firm electron...

A firm electron Anode is the one I'm really looking forward to.

The Defy is the one that is between the Wave and the Photon. That's what I really, really, really want. A more overstable Wave. A little more glide would be nice too.

He must get really high before deciding what names to pick, lol.
if any Axiom names were chosen by me, they'd be awesome. if they were chosen by me on drugs, they'd be phenomenal.

but alas two of the squarest cats in the game are taking awful names and putting them to such great molds that the word disappears into a proper noun. such is the mysterious magic that I've decided not to question.

Yea judging by the vids I've seen, I figured that was the case. But you have to wonder sometimes...

...Hmm maybe that's the problem. Get them some of that Michigan medicinal...:D

...of course we might end up with discs named Groovey, Far-out and Munchies...

Last edited:
Yea judging by the vids I've seen, I figured that was the case. But you have to wonder sometimes...

...Hmm maybe that's the problem. Get them some of that Michigan medicinal...:D

...of course we might end up with discs named Groovey, Far-out and Munchies...

^lol this

Real talk, I wonder if they would ever be open to taking suggestions from the fan base (like a call for names sort of thing where people email/message in name ideas for new discs that are in the style of their other molds)? or would that take away some of the surprise of a new disc?

If the Defy is between the Photon and Wave, I don't care what they call it. If it bothers me enough, I'll just buy a blank and maybe dye it. It's not going to stop me from throwing it though.

Defy:

1. to challenge the power of; resist boldly or openly.

2. to offer effective resistance to.

3. to challenge (a person) to do something deemed impossible:

4. Archaic. to challenge to a combat or contest.

Seems like a cool word to me. And, either way, I'll be buying one asap.

If the Defy is between the Photon and Wave, I don't care what they call it. If it bothers me enough, I'll just buy a blank and maybe dye it. It's not going to stop me from throwing it though.

Exactly. Acetone takes care of the name, and then I can call it whatever I want. I just gave up waiting for this and bought a Photon the other day too. :\

Any predictions as to when plasma photons will have a production run?

There's another batch of event fundraisers up on ebay for these. Proceeds from these ebay sales go to support the Heart of Texas Tour Spring Doubles. The ebay store I linked to belongs to the TDs of the event, not me.

The stamp is a mini offset version of the HOTT 2016 stamp that we ran full-size on the last batch of Plasma Photon/Wave. Wanted to keep it in the series but not devalue the original run. Our next fundraiser batch will be the event artwork for 26th Annual COTO. Details TBD on that one.

MVP is a 2016 Tour Sponsor for HOTT and have been very generous in hooking us up with the sweet fundraiser models. We're here in Inno-Dyna-Texas raking in fundraiser money from around the country with sweet models, so no matter what kind of GYROnautical following you have in your area, tell your TDs about the fundraising potential of a good stamp on MVP fundraiser plastic.

Dam, those are pretty sexy...but

wife....pregnant.....haveto....save...can't....'waste'....money....on....plastic....fight....FIGHT....

I was out on the course today (Jones Park) and met an MVP tester who had some new plastic. I asked if I could toss the Vanish and he said "sure - try it out". I only got one throw but it was a good one. I'd say it is indeed a lot like a Wave but holds the turn a bit longer. I'd say it's between the Wave and the Orbital but MUCH closer to the Wave side (which I think is a good thing). It definitely came back a bit after the turn.

He also had a plasma Insanity and plasma Theory which both looked and felt great. I didn't get to throw them.

Status
Not open for further replies.