• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
except they actually flew, unlike amps.

Yeah the boob dome helped for sure. Never had problems with amps flying though. You just cant activate the gyro.
As much as you guys go after each other on here, it would be... um... interesting to see your texting history and/or be a fly on the wall for a round between you guys...:p;)

Last edited:
OK so I originally had thought I wanted an Alias due to the Proxy comparisons, as a longer Proxy would be ideal. But then I read through both the Axis and Alias threads and there was some grumblings that the Alias lacked glide whereas the recurring theme in the Axis was glide glide glide, longer buzzz, etc. So this gave me pause and thought Axis might be better suited for the (faster) Proxy/Envy pairing, since I know that if I only get an extra 15 ft or so from an Alias I'll probably end up throwing my proxy every time because I'm so comfortable with it. . . But maybe I took peoples' comments too much to heart.

Additional context: the Buzzz I have (gummy esp) does not get me a lot of extra distance over my Envy - maybe 15 feet. I do have an M4 from Prodigy that gets me an extra 30-40 ft. I'd ideally like that kind of separation but a little more hss but minimal fade ;)

I'd go Proton Axis then. The lack of glide on the Alias is real.

im still yet to find one as well. ive thrown a handful of them. i think i have one laying around somewhere in a stack... yuck

i found one of those first run shocks that are domey and have low plh.. so at least i have that. cuz i cant throw a volt for some reason :/

didnt know the amps and domey proton volts are interchangeable.

fascinating really.

Depends on the amp 4 sure but most are not what Id call US just seasoned volt flavor but last amp i tossed was a plaz from first release. They actually crushed.

Why you hate the amp? Its weird to mold up like interia but... Works'

Depends on the amp 4 sure but most are not what Id call US just seasoned volt flavor but last amp i tossed was a plaz from first release. They actually crushed.

Why you hate the amp? Its weird to mold up like interia but... Works'

you have to put way more on it for barely any more output. why mash on an amp when i can throw an insanity with 3/4 the power and get it out farther?

i havent thrown a plaz amp or a e amp but i would rather not disc than throw an e amp.

Status
Not open for further replies.