• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
got some new discs today and i noticed the ''patent pending'' words are outlines on my defy's and relay. all my other ''older'' discs had solid words. maybe a good way to determine old and new runs?

got some new discs today and i noticed the ''patent pending'' words are outlines on my defy's and relay. all my other ''older'' discs had solid words. maybe a good way to determine old and new runs?

I've seen them go either way on new molds for a while now. Not sure how consistent of an identifier this would be. Could maybe be worth looking into though.

Thanks guys, I'm pretty stoked about it. Hopefully I can keep it up, but either way it's a cool milestone to have achieved. Time to keep working on my game so I can be a force at any tournament I play.

Good job, graham.

Not to jump off your big achievement, but I am looking for a suggestion from the comunity.

I'm looking to get another mvp/axiom disc, but I'm unsure what to get. I'm thinking a driver, but I'm not dead set on it.

What I current have is electron atom, neutron envy, ion (third run), eclipse vector, plasma theory, neuron resistor, eclipse misprint amp (which is definitely not an amp I don't care what the bead says. It's more OS than the resistor), and I had a fission photon (not thrown much before lost).

I have been looking at a volt, but havnt had luck finding the one I want in town.

I shoot consistent, accurate, distance around 350 with innova wraith.

Inertia, Crave, Relay. Get all 3. They compliment each other well and will work with what you have.

Looking to build a little mvp/axiom casual bag that could maybe turn into a full setup. From what I've been able to find in this thread and some others it seems like I could go

Atom (currently putt with hunters)
I throw Truths, an Element, and suspects for my mid shots so I'm not sure what would be best here. Maybe Relay and Axis?

Crave
Inspire/Switch, could use some advice on this one (use several FD's for fairway setup)
Resistor

I throw outlaws, champ and star terns for distance, would a wrath/insanity or inertia combo work well here? I generally don't get any extra distance from anything over speed 12, I just like having faster stuff lower lines/windy afternoons.

Any other disc suggestions are welcome, I'm not the most experienced with all the plastic choices they have now either. Appreciate the help in advance though! :D

I'd say axis/vector for the mids.

Resistor/crave/relay is a great fairway combo. Relay will fly like a slower, slightly seasoned fd.

Wrath/inertia/ insanity is comparable to slightly slower outlaw/champ tern/star tern.
But I'd recommend lighter neutron photon, heavy wave, light wave for the best match to your lineup.

Just my opinion and a lot of My favs in the mvp lineup.

Anybody got hands on the Energy yet?

I have a birthday coming up and I think I want one...

Would love to hear some opinions.

Anybody got hands on the Energy yet?

I have a birthday coming up and I think I want one...

Would love to hear some opinions.

I got one when they came out, 171 gram neon yellow. I am a 500 foot rhbh thrower and it almost lands vertical when I throw it on a medium height slight hyzer. Mega beef. Granted I havent thrown too many discs in my life but there may not be a human being that could turn this thing over into amy normal headwind. I couldn't imagine needing something faster or more over stable. If the octane is a seasoned p-pd this is a faf firebird. Except 13 speed.

Last edited:
Looking to build a little mvp/axiom casual bag that could maybe turn into a full setup. From what I've been able to find in this thread and some others it seems like I could go

I throw Truths, an Element, and suspects for my mid shots so I'm not sure what would be best here. Maybe Relay and Axis?

Crave
Inspire/Switch, could use some advice on this one (use several FD's for fairway setup)
Resistor

I throw outlaws, champ and star terns for distance, would a wrath/insanity or inertia combo work well here? I generally don't get any extra distance from anything over speed 12, I just like having faster stuff lower lines/windy afternoons.

Any other disc suggestions are welcome, I'm not the most experienced with all the plastic choices they have now either. Appreciate the help in advance though! :D

Inertia or Wave will be most like your Tern. Photon is Outlawesque from what I have heard.

Suspect is going to be hard to replace. Maybe a Tensor. You might also look at an Envy. It's a putter, but really, it's a mid. Honestly, it's practically a fairway driver. Axis could replace the Truth.

Craves are awesome. Pair one with a Relay as your fairway duo.

I'm not familiar with the Element so can't advise you there.

Second getting the envy. It's a workhorse in between a putter and a mid. Mine has pretty much replaced all of my mids, with the exceptions being turnover shots or big hyzers. Anything straight or straight to fade it's getting used.

Crave
Resistor

I've thrown an Element before but it's been years and I can't remember if it was an Element-X or what, I think it was beaded. I'm kind of leaning toward recommending the current Circuit mid, the Matrix, for the Element/Truths slot. Maybe the Alias though I have no experience with that one. I adore the Axis but it's a stable-understable mid more so than a plain stable mid (straight as hell when new though). The Vector is still the best OS mid they make IMO but they're not utility beefy unless you find a freak. Tangent might fill that Element slot too.

I got one when they came out, 171 gram neon yellow. I am a 500 foot rhbh thrower and it almost lands vertical when I throw it on a medium height slight hyzer. Mega beef. Granted I havent thrown too many discs in my life but there may not be a human being that could turn this thing over into amy normal headwind. I couldn't imagine needing something faster or more over stable. If the octane is a seasoned p-pd this is a faf firebird. Except 13 speed.

I've got a Phase, Octane and Nitro. The Phase is Money but I have to hyzerflip the Octane to make it fly how I want it to and the Nitro is best thrown completely flat.

If the Energy is a faster Phase it may be my new best friend.

I've thrown an Element before but it's been years and I can't remember if it was an Element-X or what, I think it was beaded. I'm kind of leaning toward recommending the current Circuit mid, the Matrix, for the Element/Truths slot. Maybe the Alias though I have no experience with that one. I adore the Axis but it's a stable-understable mid more so than a plain stable mid (straight as hell when new though). The Vector is still the best OS mid they make IMO but they're not utility beefy unless you find a freak. Tangent might fill that Element slot too.

Thanks for the advice, would an eclipse axis add any stability over a proton? I currently don't usually carry a super beefy mid and just use a fairly overstable fairway driver powered down for those shots, so I was thinking the resistor could cover cover that.

I'll do some research on the matrix as well, and it sounds like an envy is a must.

I've got a Phase, Octane and Nitro. The Phase is Money but I have to hyzerflip the Octane to make it fly how I want it to and the Nitro is best thrown completely flat.

If the Energy is a faster Phase it may be my new best friend.

That's a good description of the Energy, you should like it.

What's going to be close to a DX Beast replacement? I have one hole in my home course that needs some height to clear trees and brush and then track right before straightening out. I prefer to throw something on a hyzer flip that I know will flip. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts