• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question that maybe some of you more "in the know" people might be able to give me an educated guess type of answer.

I keep telling myself I have plenty of discs and I really don't need to buy anymore until electron anodes come out and then I will buy 10. (I felt up an electron Ion someone had on the course and instantly loved it)

My 3 go to anodes have become steadily more flippy. I pretty much can't drive with them anymore. I can still get a very slight fade out of them if I put them on a 70-90 degree hyzer angle but any slight headwind will make them turn and burn no matter how much hyzer I release with.

I still putt and approach with them fine. I have basically stopped driving with them unless it is an anny/turnover shot.

I have been telling myself not to buy new discs until the electrons are available. My zone has been beating in pretty well for drives since I stopped driving with my anodes...though it still fades more than anodes ever did...which is fine.

Should I not be waiting for the electrons? Are they more than 6 months out? Anyone have any info? or an educated guess?

I'm also super interested in the Electron Anodes.

I have yet to get an anode super-beat like you mentioned. I carry a heavy neutron that will turn a little and an Ion for more stable shots

So, I've tried the Vector and the Tangent and didn't gell with either.

Tangent is too understable to use how I throw a mid and the Vector felt off to me, not bag just not right in my hand.

Between the Matrix and Tensor which is more Stable? I'm thinking about trying one. I throw Bards usually so high shoulders are good.

The Axis feels and flys great for me. I enjoy the Tangent on occasion, but the Axis gets 90% of my mid shots. The other mids haven't found the stability sweet spots for me (Although I haven't thrown a Theory or Tensor)

I carry Resistor for beef, Axis for neutral and Tangent for right drifting shots

So, I've tried the Vector and the Tangent and didn't gell with either.

Tangent is too understable to use how I throw a mid and the Vector felt off to me, not bag just not right in my hand.

Between the Matrix and Tensor which is more Stable? I'm thinking about trying one. I throw Bards usually so high shoulders are good.

matrix has great HSS its a long straight to fade mid. the tensor is similar but with a more pronounced fade and not as long. the matrix is a mid that could be the only mid one carries along with say a longer under stable putter. it is a super workable comfortable mid. the tensor for me was meh. felt terrible to me but we all have different preferences. The tensor could hold maybe a quicker hyzer line vs the matrix and handle more lateral movement. the matrix is like an envy the harder you throw it the straighter and longer it flies with consistent fade. YMMV

matrix has great HSS its a long straight to fade mid. the tensor is similar but with a more pronounced fade and not as long. the matrix is a mid that could be the only mid one carries along with say a longer under stable putter. it is a super workable comfortable mid. the tensor for me was meh. felt terrible to me but we all have different preferences. The tensor could hold maybe a quicker hyzer line vs the matrix and handle more lateral movement. the matrix is like an envy the harder you throw it the straighter and longer it flies with consistent fade. YMMV
This is hands-down the best and most accurate description to my experience as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I'm also super interested in the Electron Anodes.
^this...
I have yet to get an anode super-beat like you mentioned. I carry a heavy neutron that will turn a little and an Ion for more stable shots
^...because of this. I've used the same plasma anode of the tee, for approaches and heavy putting since they were released. Hardly any change in stability.

I got the chance to feel up the prototype firm electron. It was the Ion of a certain player at EDGC. He also offered me the chance to put with it, but I respectfully declined, because he hadn't turned in his scorecard yet:p Cool dude

Anyway, about the plastic: solid,hard,stiff etc... Yeah, it was firm :thmbup: Kinda like old beat neutron with the matte surface. It felt a tiny bit slick (not bad, but it wasn't as rubbery as I expected) but I think this is similar with what happens with all electron types with use. I wonder how it feels new:popcorn: ...and as anodes

I agree that this is a pretty good description, although I am a fan of the Tensor. It has a decent dump at the end, compared to the Matrix (I actually just typed out Envy, and that's what the Matrix is, a longer Envy). Both are straight in the initial stage of flight, and neither of them are what you would think of when someone says "overstable mid."

Would a Wrath be similar to a fresh S or C PD? I have a earlyish run Volt, and a light crave and I can get them to stay pretty straight into a headwind but would like to have something with that solid fade at the end around the same rim size as a PD.

I'm loving the gyro I picked up recently and need to get more into my bag, I'd just like to do it as Inexpensively as possible for now. The relay/crave can cover my FD's, and I think a wave/photon or insanity or virus/defy can cover my distance stuff.

^ you probably want a Tesla over a Wrath. Wrath really isn't any more stable than a Volt. For me they are basically interchangeable.

^ you probably want a Tesla over a Wrath. Wrath really isn't any more stable than a Volt. For me they are basically interchangeable.

I'd give the same advice. The Wrath I had was a little longer than my Volts, but had the same straight to fade flight. Didn't see any reason to carry Wraths when Volts and Photons are a staple in my bag (and Volts going stupid far already).

@rallyguy: you can delay and decrease the fade w/Teslas by picking up lighter weights. At least neutrons and protons were pretty OS at 170s IME. Also had a 155 neutron that still wouldn't turn and faded in head wind.

^yep. Only US tesla would be the 135g-145g fission just like photons. Most are pretty LSS specially when flat which is the norm.

any idea when the circuit discs are going to be released. didn't get a chance to play this year and won't to give the signal a try.

IMG_20160901_135252328_zpspl3kecxb.jpg

When did they star making big bead envies?

Is it a lot bigger vs others? Ions have bigger beads in current run. I always wanted a little more LSS from envy vs proxy. Maybe they have tweeked it a bit to separate from atoms too.

That would be great. It's amazing how close the Envy and Proxy are after the Envy's hit several trees.

Is it a lot bigger vs others? Ions have bigger beads in current run. I always wanted a little more LSS from envy vs proxy. Maybe they have tweeked it a bit to separate from atoms too.

It's a lot bigger. I bought this proton along with a plasma online. Without even looking I could feel a big difference.

IMG_20160901_135358604_zps0owyxqr3.jpg

Sorta bummed out. Bought it for approaches and I wanted a minimal bead for clean release.

Picked up a fresh proton envy recently and noticed immediatly it had a bigger bead than my neutron I've had for quite some time.

I wonder if they tweaked the core mold? The entire thing looks a bit deeper. Maybe that is just the angle though. It could be nice to have an even more stable Envy, but I will hate it if this completely replaces the current run. My Envies are my bread and butter.

Status
Not open for further replies.