• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely don't want to strong arm this thing but it's definitely useful for hyzer flip tunnels, sky annys. Definitely staying in my gyro bag

Right on... have you tried many of their other mids? As in what is it kicking out of the bag?

Right on... have you tried many of their other mids? As in what is it kicking out of the bag?

I've thrown the Theory and Axis, and was okay with both. I like that the Vertex is a slightly faster, flippier Theory, gives it more separation from far flying putters.

Since I'm kind of building my MVP bag from the ground up, it didn't replace anything but it's very much like a 5 year old X Comet that is fliptastic that I bring to courses with lots of tunnel shots.

Matrix wouldn't be my pick for MVP cycling. The rare ones with dome are decently OS (not like Drone OS but like KC Pro Roc OS). The flat ones are a lot like Z Buzzzes that break into ESP Buzzzes fairly quick. This is proton but they just got released in Neutron so maybe the Matrix' cycling prospects were enhanced, IDK.

I think the best MVP mid for cycling is probably the Vector. Domey Proton, flat Neutron and maybe an Electron and you've got most of your mid lines covered. Axis isn't too bad either.

I saw this somewhere else.. Thought I'd move it here.. It makes sense to cycle Vectors, I haven't had much luck cycling Tangents I tend to use multiple molds rather. Who's cycling what with MVP?

I'm just starting to get into MVP. How does this sound for a mid line up? Matrix alias and vector. I feel like they're all longer versions of the envy proxy and spin which I love.

I'm just starting to get into MVP. How does this sound for a mid line up? Matrix alias and vector. I feel like they're all longer versions of the envy proxy and spin which I love.

Vertex, theory or Tangent depending level of US you feel comfortable with. Vertex most US

I hit the course vesterday with a Phase, Motion, Fixzy Volt and an Atom. The Atom, Volt and Motion did all the duties except two shots.

I shot a -6 on a not super easy(but not super long) wooded course.

You really don't need many MVP discs to shoot well I guess.

For risk of sounding like Elmex, I actually did throw the Motion a ton. That thing is OS, but way longer than most in that class for me. I used it Sexon Style on some 250-300 holes but broke it out on some 400 ft shots, and it can handle those easily.

Was wondering how far I could throw it m, so I took it to the football field, and it was clearing 410 often. Very overlooked disc.

I think you could just go Matrix and Vertex for mids. If you really need beef, a powered down Resistor works very well.

A couple years ago I would have said Tensor, but the Matrix is going to suit most of your needs. I'm not sure what your courses are like, but how often do you throw an overstable mid?

I think you could just go Matrix and Vertex for mids. If you really need beef, a powered down Resistor works very well.

A couple years ago I would have said Tensor, but the Matrix is going to suit most of your needs. I'm not sure what your courses are like, but how often do you throw an overstable mid?

I thrown overstable mids all the time. I mostly play in the woods so you'd think mostly understable stuff but I throw fresh ghosts all the time in he woods.

Well I doubt I'd do much forehanding with s vertex but alias and matrix can def take a forehand. I've seen them forehands quite a few times.

any disc can be thrown bh and fh

the plus rim on the vector makes it suck to fh compared to other companies mids

Elmexdela sleeps with his wasp under his pillow at night. Not everyone hates mvp mids. You should be able to FH the Matrix fine. Vertex is a fun US mid. This combo should work well for mid duties for you.

Can you compare vertex to a theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts