• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you compare vertex to a theory?
Vertex is faster and less stable than a Theory. Both nice US mids. Depends on what you want. Easy turn when new is the Vertex. Can handle a little more power and hold a straighter line is the Theory.

Update on the matrix. I love this thing. Low profile and fast. It takes a forehand insanely well too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So why are there no Neutron Waves for sale between 157 and 167 grams?

Need me some backups, preferably around 162-165.

2018 wish list:
Fission Octane/Nitro, Resistor, Vector, Ion
Plasma Mids
Relay OS

Just out of curiosity - Compare the RELAY, Switch, Signal, and Inspire! - I'm a 970 player but I do utilize understable discs pretty frequently. I like a nice shot shaper that can be used to get out of tough spots but ISNT SUPER flip city - I use roadrunner, insanity and I've used a Lat64 Diamond - Curious on the Relay most since ive heard people talk about it. any help is appreciated. ;)

Skip everything else and just get a Relay in your desired weight. It's straight to understable, not too flippy, but can turn when you need it to. If I played short courses, I'd probably use it as my main driver.

Skip everything else and just get a Relay in your desired weight. It's straight to understable, not too flippy, but can turn when you need it to. If I played short courses, I'd probably use it as my main driver.

If looking at 170-174g Neutron what kinda flight would you expect with a 85% throw (with a player with 400 ft distance drives)

I may also want it so my wife can use - so hoping its good for both of us.

Also, how is the profile? Whats it look/feel like? I have really only heard about the Relay vs the other US fairways in Gyro and people seem to dig it

Not having your arm, I would have to guess at the flight. But I've thrown frozen ropes with my 174 up to 300'. Full power for you will definitely show turn, but I don't think it will be too "flippy" even up to 400. It has some decent fade at the end, if you give it height (maybe a 1.5 on the Innova scale), so I'll even power it down for approaches. It feels small in the hand, since the rim is only 1.6cm, so your wife might like it too. It's flat, no real dome to speak of. This also lends to a great FH feel.

People dig it because it's one of their best discs. :D

If looking at 170-174g Neutron what kinda flight would you expect with a 85% throw (with a player with 400 ft distance drives)

I may also want it so my wife can use - so hoping its good for both of us.

Also, how is the profile? Whats it look/feel like? I have really only heard about the Relay vs the other US fairways in Gyro and people seem to dig it

You ever throw a cheetah? It basically flies like a fresh cheetah with a modern wing. 6 4 -1.5 1.5ish... More or less flat. You can shape it like a mid but its sneaky long, especially when new and still has the late fade... If you like to throw rollers, it also does that pretty well once broken in a bit or if you got enough arm to torque it over.

Last edited:
So far, the Relay and the Inertia are the only US discs, from MVP/Axiom, that I bag.
Both will turn without burning, both will flatten out with little fade at the end....assuming you give it enough height.
The Inspire has a far amount of turn, but is more nose angle sensitive...easier to stall it out into a dump.

Just out of curiosity - Compare the RELAY, Switch, Signal, and Inspire! - I'm a 970 player but I do utilize understable discs pretty frequently. I like a nice shot shaper that can be used to get out of tough spots but ISNT SUPER flip city - I use roadrunner, insanity and I've used a Lat64 Diamond - Curious on the Relay most since ive heard people talk about it. any help is appreciated. ;)

Relay - This is like a fresh Cheetah, perfectly seasoned Ch/Star Leopard. Any hyzer flipper is going to instantly become familiar with this. It flies a tight, slightly understable line that's ideal for threading wooded tunnels and controlled annys. It's stable enough new to FH consistently for straight to turnover lines (those barely right to left, gentlest of hyzers).

Switch - Like a worn out Eagle-X. Lots of healthy turn but still a smidge of fade to hook up. It'll do big S-curves if thrown flat and given enough hang time. One of those discs you're not sure what you'd use it for until you run into that hole that's shaped like a question mark. I have a beat Fuzion Trespass that flies very similarly to this.

Inspire - Haven't thrown one enough to really weigh in. Seems like it would be like a more understable Crave. I think it's faster than the Relay.

Signal - Specialty disc. Off the shelf roller flippy, absolutely has to be given plenty of hyzer to go anywhere in the air. Great for really low arm-speed players, similar to a Diamond. If it weren't for the overmold, this disc would probably be unusable but it has just enough stability to be useful for tricky shots (like flicking around a corner when you're tight on the inside side of the fairway).

I haven't thrown a crave but i would describe my inspire as having almost no fade. Thrown flat it will have a late and slow turn. Thrown with moderate hyzer it pops up and just goes straight. Its the only inspire I've thrown though so idk, it could be a freak.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am in inclined to say slower valkyrie when fresh.

mine hit rocks, and is now flippy... yay.

My lighter Inspires are exactly like a slower Valkyrie. I had a max weight that was almost as stable as my Craves though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts