• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep hearing that the Axiom site is down. However, I just visited it. It has an excellently improved layout now. Try clearing the browser cache, or google axiom disc and then click on the link that way. There is a filtering tool that I really liked using. It also made me end up wishing that they had the same discs line up for 21mm (11 Speed) as they do for 18mm (9 speed).

Oh, well

^ poorly phrased

I wished there were four discs with the same stability relationship in the 11 Speed class as the 9 Speed class

Last edited:
From what I've seen the Virus is much more US than a Hatchet. I have never thrown one but a friend uses one for flip rollers and he can only throw a Volt about 275. Matt Dollar was throwing Hatchet's a while back but I didn't see a Virus in his bag after the switch. If you beat a clash up to hell it would probably work Hatchet lines but it's a lot more stable than a hatchet right out of the box. Seasoning Neutron or Proton is no easy task either.

Wouldn't a crave be a better starting point than a clash? A clash is a pretty darn stable disc

Wouldn't a crave be a better starting point than a clash? A clash is a pretty darn stable disc

Crave ~ TeeBird
Clash ~ Eagle

Clash should beat into a Jade type flight, Crave into a Hatchet....in a few years.

That's why I have a Vamp in my bag, I lost my 2 year old 152g Crave in the pond at Idle Wild.

I appreciate all the suggestions. Looks my local shop has a ton of Viruses in stock and not a lot of Hatchets (they're especially lacking in my preferred weight range). For that reason I may go and feel up the Virus even though it doesn't quite sound like what I'm looking for. If I end up buying one, I'll keep my expectations low.

Also, it appears as though the Axiom/MVP website went live sometime today and it looks really nice.

Hmmm.....I see the Impulse is listed at 9/5/-3/1, which is basically what my Hatchet flew like (pay no attention to the 2 fade, it's a lie). Maybe the Impulse is the better choice. Or maybe I should just wait for the next run of Hatchets.

Hmmm.....I see the Impulse is listed at 9/5/-3/1, which is basically what my Hatchet flew like (pay no attention to the 2 fade, it's a lie). Maybe the Impulse is the better choice. Or maybe I should just wait for the next run of Hatchets.

Fwiw the virus is a easier to see impluse in goofy color combos for most people.... I found the virus very workable for a US disc even as a 300'+ thrower.

But with you only providing sporadic contributions, it leaves aspiring gyroheads 'aim'less and lacking direction. Please return more often and guide us down the path to true gyro enlightenment.

Elmex needs extra guidance on the ways of the Deflector.

The winter is coming.

I shall return.

And fwiw the mayhem ****ing crushes.

Vanish is. Speed 11 disc and is my current max distance straight disc in proton. When I've tried neutron it flies like a Virus for me, so only proton for me.

I like my Neutron Vanish never tried a Virus I have Orbitals... I think it's advertised as between a wave and orbital and I agree. I love my Vanish

Lost a moderately seasoned Hatchet yesterday. Will probably replace it with another Hatchet, but I'd be interested in trying out a gyro mold for that slot since I've been happy with my last few forays into MVP/Axiom. The problem is that going just off of the numbers, it doesn't appear that the compan(ies) have that slot filled--something in the 8/9 speed class that is super flippy. Any recommendations?

Yes, I replaced my 167 Tournament Hatchet with a 157 Plasma Insanity. Insanity starts out almost stable but holds a turn nicely. My oldest Insanity now hyzerflips to straight or, at full power, hyzerflips to a turn.

Ion
Anode
Proxy
Atom
Particle
Spin
Pilot
Wow, this helped so much!
I now have a large stack of Envys and Ions as payment for my latest Infinite Discs Jalapeno stamp.

Infinite is releasing another Marm O. Stamp very soon and I hope to stock up on Proxys, Spins, and Pilots.

Man, I love putters. And MVP/Axiom sure does deliver!

Thanks again for the help, funguy. It made choosing my molds much easier when direct comparisons all come from the same source.

MVP news release.. Nothing too awesome just a SE proton Atom and great Black Friday deal on baskets. No use to me haha

While I love the atom, I would have liked to see it released in Plasma or a plastic they haven't done. That and a different release....Axiom needs more putters and mids FOR SURE and same with Streamline. But I get it, you can't just pump stuff out . I really want to see some slower putters (more putting putter friendly) from Axiom - I love the Proxy and Envy but they are more for throws in my opinion. A Slightly more stable Proxy that is a touch slower and a touch less glide for a perfect circle putter. :p

While I love the atom, I would have liked to see it released in Plasma or a plastic they haven't done. That and a different release....Axiom needs more putters and mids FOR SURE and same with Streamline. But I get it, you can't just pump stuff out . I really want to see some slower putters (more putting putter friendly) from Axiom - I love the Proxy and Envy but they are more for throws in my opinion. A Slightly more stable Proxy that is a touch slower and a touch less glide for a perfect circle putter. :p

Yeah you were the one guy I thought might get fired up on the Atom but the Skulboy proton SE was cooler.

I can't wait for the Axiom version of the Spin.. Something similar with the square inner core will be sweet. I'm planning to try and play a tournament in town... already planning unnecessary plastic purchases

Yeah you were the one guy I thought might get fired up on the Atom but the Skulboy proton SE was cooler.

I can't wait for the Axiom version of the Spin.. Something similar with the square inner core will be sweet. I'm planning to try and play a tournament in town... already planning unnecessary plastic purchases

haha I know , right?! yeah I love Atoms, but another proton, ehhhh don't need it. a PLASMA would have been nice to see - but whatever --- and good for you, get that plastic - I've gone nuts this year with buying new discs so I am making a vow to myself not to buy another disc until at least next year - I see myself making it to February at best tho. haha - But seriously I don't need any new discs Its getting out of hand :confused::D

I can't wait for the Axiom version of the Spin.. Something similar with the square inner core will be sweet.

So much yes. I would love something that feels like an Envy/Proxy but flies like a Spin. It would be great to replace my Wedge with an US Axiom disc. I have an old beat gummy and flat star Wedge that is impossible to find a replacement of.

Please MVP, make it happen!

winter line up;

took the motion and insanity out of my bag

main driver is fizz volt

driver line up is n volt plaz volt fizz volt and a water disc for us

Well somehow I managed to lose a bright green Eclipse Axis in a brown world. Protip: don't throw your disc into a thick forest that has a steep slope covered in hurricane caused tree debris. :mad:

So I said eff it and went got a Neutron Particle for no particular reason. :| I didn't get many throws on it b/c it was getting dark but it seems slightly more HSS but less LSS than my N Envy?

Well somehow I managed to lose a bright green Eclipse Axis in a brown world. Protip: don't throw your disc into a thick forest that has a steep slope covered in hurricane caused tree debris. :mad:

So I said eff it and went got a Neutron Particle for no particular reason. :| I didn't get many throws on it b/c it was getting dark but it seems slightly more HSS but less LSS than my N Envy?

That was my experience as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts