• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a Virus and threw it on a handful of holes today. Conditions were less than ideal (25 degrees, 15 mph winds, snow and ice on the ground). Obviously a small sample size, but I don't think it's going to work out as a replacement Hatchet. The Virus may very well have its uses, but it was faster than I expected since Axiom lists it as a Speed 9. It took a fair amount of power to get it to flip, and footing today didn't allow much power generation. When I did get it to stand up it would flip and not come back, so at least that's as advertised. Will give it some more tests in better throwing conditions later in the week. But first impression is that it won't make the bag.

Retail therapy is a great way to fill the hole in your heart and your bag with new plastic. Sorry you lost an Axis I hope it was fresh as opposed to sweetly broken in that takes a while...

On a related plastic note.. I was heading in to town a buddy has an extra Halloween Envy he was going to sell me.. He also had some leftovers Crave, fission Volts, how do those two compare to a Relay 165 seasoned? I don't have the steam these days to make my Volt fly right but I was wondering about a fission Volt maybe a 155?

Picked up a Virus and threw it on a handful of holes today. Conditions were less than ideal (25 degrees, 15 mph winds, snow and ice on the ground). Obviously a small sample size, but I don't think it's going to work out as a replacement Hatchet. The Virus may very well have its uses, but it was faster than I expected since Axiom lists it as a Speed 9. It took a fair amount of power to get it to flip, and footing today didn't allow much power generation. When I did get it to stand up it would flip and not come back, so at least that's as advertised. Will give it some more tests in better throwing conditions later in the week. But first impression is that it won't make the bag.

When the Virus came out, it was listed as a speed 10, which is what it is.

winter line up;

took the motion and insanity out of my bag

main driver is fizz volt

driver line up is n volt plaz volt fizz volt and a water disc for us

why would u take easy distance of the insanity out for the winter bro

Retail therapy is a great way to fill the hole in your heart and your bag with new plastic. Sorry you lost an Axis I hope it was fresh as opposed to sweetly broken in that takes a while...

On a related plastic note.. I was heading in to town a buddy has an extra Halloween Envy he was going to sell me.. He also had some leftovers Crave, fission Volts, how do those two compare to a Relay 165 seasoned? I don't have the steam these days to make my Volt fly right but I was wondering about a fission Volt maybe a 155?

I replaced my Volt with Craves. I also have lost distance with age, and lack of practice with more and more children coming around. Craves fly like an easier to throw Volt for me depending on weight /plastic. Plasma Craves are definitely less stable.

I replaced my Volt with Craves. I also have lost distance with age, and lack of practice with more and more children coming around. Craves fly like an easier to throw Volt for me depending on weight /plastic. Plasma Craves are definitely less stable.

My plasma crave is my favorite disc in my bag!

Attachments

• 20171128_082301.jpg
    20171128_082301.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 16
Those plasma craves are legit. I have a blue with pink rim one that was an instant classic. Like a beat in Teebird from the go.

Nice. How are the 150's? I kinda hoping it is close to a fresh 165 Relay... I should probably see how my Servo flies between the Relay and that Switch.. I don't need stable more like tight S straight on a flat release 330' ish. I love my Switch trying to disc down and not throw my Inertias

It was a freshie but its stability was why I was bagging it. :( Gonna bag an Alias or Matrix in its stead before I buy another E Axis and hope it flies the same.

Nice. How are the 150's? I kinda hoping it is close to a fresh 165 Relay... I should probably see how my Servo flies between the Relay and that Switch.. I don't need stable more like tight S straight on a flat release 330' ish. I love my Switch trying to disc down and not throw my Inertias

Not plasma but love both my 160 protons. Smoother flight and a hair more turn but overall the same disc.

So if I'm looking for the least amount of lss and reasonable hss as in slightly more hss then a beat 165 Relay, release on the flat... How would a 155 Crave fit that bill Plasma, Proton or Neutron?

Servo was good today, straight to dumpy hyzer skip very similar late flight to the Switch and not the droid I'm looking for..

So if I'm looking for the least amount of lss and reasonable hss as in slightly more hss then a beat 165 Relay, release on the flat... How would a 155 Crave fit that bill Plasma, Proton or Neutron?

Servo was good today, straight to dumpy hyzer skip very similar late flight to the Switch and not the droid I'm looking for..

Why not a Signal? I use to throw a 154g Proton with Plasma rim Crave. Similar to a max weight Relay in fact. I find it easier to throw the Relay since it is max weight and holds up better in the wind. 150-class Craves could be a bit squirrely at times.

How far is your max power? Any of those craves could work for most at the lighter weights but they will have fade when new most of the time much more vs a relay..

If anything speed up more vs what you would expect but go US as the MVPs wont flip as bad. Interia comes to mind depending on power it is like a faster relay. Sits right in that sweet spot.

How far is your max power? Any of those craves could work for most at the lighter weights but they will have fade when new most of the time much more vs a relay..

If anything speed up more vs what you would expect but go US as the MVPs wont flip as bad. Interia comes to mind depending on power it is like a faster relay. Sits right in that sweet spot.

Got a Signal actually two heavy ones really like them. My primary driver is the Switch, I think my range is down to 320' ish there's still a possibility I can connect and get 350. I still have solid snap but minimal leg work. I've been forced and am committed to discing down for a bit. I love my white 155 Inertias..

I'm looking for the front end stability of my 165 Relay when it was fresh, it now has a weird extra sort of slide a foot or two to the left LHBH that wouldn't be a problem but I'm threading trees. I have a heavy Relay that might work when it seasons a bit but I like light..

I have a 153 P Crave that is more stable than my 166 Relay was. (RIP) It has beat in to be straight as an arrow at about 300' power, but it's got quite a bit of wear. I have another 155 N Crave that I replaced my Relay with, but that is because I got a freak with a very low wing/PLH that is almost Inspire like. Finding another like it will be no small task though.

I'm looking for the front end stability of my 165 Relay when it was fresh, it now has a weird extra sort of slide a foot or two to the left LHBH that wouldn't be a problem but I'm threading trees. I have a heavy Relay that might work when it seasons a bit but I like light..

The low 150s Neutron Crave, that Idle Wild ate, is the closest to a perfect Neutral fairway I have thrown.

Got a round in today in slightly better weather, and threw the Virus as a second tee shot on every hole to try to get to know the disc better. It definitely requires more than Speed 9 power to get it to fly well. Once powered up though, it's petty interesting. It flies a long turnover line but doesn't want to turn and burn, which is a useful combo; I parked a 315 ft hole with a turnover line, for example. On a good full rip I was getting it out close to my Vanish, maybe 15-20 ft shorter is all. But whereas the Vanish prefers to be thrown with hyzer, the Virus pretty much has to be thrown flat. When I tried throwing with hyzer, it actually became oddly inconsistent. Sometimes it'd flip to flat, sometimes it would ride a spike hyzer line...I found that very weird for a disc that is fairly understable. I honestly don't even know how I'd rate this disc's flight characteristics. Thrown flat it behaves like a 10/5/-3/1, but thrown with hyzer it acts like discs more in the 11/4/-0.5/2 range. Really weird. I may keep it in the bag for a bit simply because I disc down for the winter, so there's extra room in there for new molds. Also, the virus performed really well on understable flicks, but since I'm like 90% backhand dominant I probably wouldn't reserve a spot in the bag just for that.

was at a pro shop yesterday at a course - small selection but I was waiting to pay so I filed through and found a Flat blue neutron MATRIX with a sticker of 175g - I have never used a matrix (or many other mvp's because I already have plenty of discs for those duties) BUT Curiosity struck so why not. I tossed it a bunch during the round but still figuring it out. Had a couple park jobs and a few nice ones, and a few 'oopsies' I learned its definitely faster than most other mids. I see the Buzzz comparison / roc3 . I feel it flew like a Buzzz when you really lasered it. Once up to speed it kinda holds a long straight line with a slight turn to it. But when it slows it does fade sharper than a buzz would on that same line. So it has the HSS of a Z Buzzz of same weight, but the fade of a Wasp. So its kinda right between. I would rate it from my experience as 6/5/-1/2 Actually I thought of it as a shorter Volt. Very similar to that flight. I really do like it, but does take a little adjustment - though it can be thrown flat and get a long straight line you need to know how the sensitive the power/snap is. If its powered down its actually quite overstable. So there is a point when it gets up to speed that the GYRO kicks in and it lasers straight. I like it and will swap it out for the buzz for a few rounds to really give it a fair review. I dig it though - what are your experiences with the Matrix?

Status
Not open for further replies.