• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Tangent and Theory are close...closer than I would have thought before I finally got a Theory. I might like the Theory better, not as dead straight as the Tangent but it seems faster, and with more range.

Now that plasma photons and waves are out in production, anybody have experience with them? Stability about the same as proton/neutron? I saw photons might be a bit more stable. Anyone feel any sort of way about these? Lol

Now that plasma photons and waves are out in production, anybody have experience with them? Stability about the same as proton/neutron? I saw photons might be a bit more stable. Anyone feel any sort of way about these? Lol

Pretty small difference. I was the one that felt like the Photon I have in plasma might be a hair more OS than the Ps and Ns I have.

I have a 175 Plasma Wave that I feel like is the opposite, a hair more US than a 175 N I have.

I would say that the differences aren't so glaring that you can't just go with the plastic you like best.

Yeah^ sliiiight dome/shoulder raise seems to add a little extra stability (which isnt much vs flat) if you're able to handpick/ request.

^^ I picked up a Plasma Photon and it has a higher shoulder compared to Neutron and Photon versions. It has less "dome" than the later runs in Fission plastic. I picked one up at 168g and it flies very similar to a second run 166g Fission Photon I throw. It is not nearly as stable as the 160g and 170g Neutron Photons that I throw but it is close to a board flat 155g Neutron one that I use for its great stability. The test will be how they beat in. The Fission Photons beat in super fast and have the shortest window to use them compared to other MVP discs. That's not to say they aren't useful, its just that they turn into flip machines quickly. That being said, once the Fission Photons are beat in and flippy they make excellent rollers.

Yea my release day F photon is getting near that stage. And it spent 6months in the lost in found because I didn't answer the phone call, lol.

Probably gonna have to hit a lot of trees with em. My F Photons haven't changed flight at all after throwing them on open holes and for field work.

They absolutely bomb in tailwinds. At my practice field there's a fence 560' and slightly uphill from where I throw, and I've had some of my closest throws with my 130-155g Photons.

Probably gonna have to hit a lot of trees with em. My F Photons haven't changed flight at all after throwing them on open holes and for field work.

They absolutely bomb in tailwinds. At my practice field there's a fence 560' and slightly uphill from where I throw, and I've had some of my closest throws with my 130-155g Photons.

That second throw had some crazy hang time!

And yeah, I'd be using it on open holes too due to the plastic.

The second run Photons have a large dome and are not flat.

Attachments

• IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0272.jpg
    IMG_0272.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 16
practical difference between Wave and Photon at 300' power with an Escape ( nipple height board flat throw)?

The wave will turn and fade for a slight helix flight and prob a hair longer vs photon which will go straight with fade and be OS.

Assuming both max wts in any of the different plastics. Fission photons excuded which can be much more US wave-like at sub 155g.

You should be able to use a wave for max D at around 300' if it is a little lighter 168ish. Photons might not offer anything special.

Last edited:
The second run Photons have a large dome and are not flat.

What is the 2nd run? I havent seen any with that massive of dome but a couple of freaks in the 10/9mm class.

Do you own a bunch of those? Im pretty sure MVP has done multiple runs of photons so just curious on the info... That thing is sort of :gross: like my buddys N insanity with boob top.

The wave will turn and fade for a slight helix flight and prob a hair longer vs photon which will go straight with fade and be OS.

Assuming both max wts in any of the different plastics. Fission photons excuded which can be much more US wave-like at sub 155g.

You should be able to use a wave for max D at around 300' if it is a little lighter 168ish. Photons might not offer anything special.

Was actually thinking about 160 range disc honestly. I have a headwind buster, but need a little more oomph on a calm day, or for tailwinds. (stupid 600' holes)

What is the 2nd run? I havent seen any with that massive of dome but a couple of freaks in the 10/9mm class.

Do you own a bunch of those? Im pretty sure MVP has done multiple runs of photons so just curious on the info... That thing is sort of :gross: like my buddys N insanity with boob top.

First one I got at a place in CT on my way back from NYC and stopping at a course to play with my son. I thought it was weird. I then bought 2 more at Marshall Street. There are several there right now that have this "boob" top. I have one Insanity like that as well. It is in the mid 150s but holds its stability well. These were definitely not like the first ones released. Those were most flat. I assume they were from a later run. The Fission plastic is also a bit different than the first ones I bought -- softer and grippier.

Status
Not open for further replies.