• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just threw my best 9 ever with Vanish, Relay, Proxy. Was about 3 foot high on an ace run so settled for a bird and then the into some bushes causing me to miss a short putt and bogey.

Other than it was two putt golf with a few great upshots and a putt. Had to throw the Relay on a weird hyzer to get a 90 degree turn and float and it worked. I normally at best shot 1-2 over, tonight I only missed one close shot and so had a nice steady par round. For most that might not be impressive but I will take 2 strokes anytime.

...waiting on Matrix in other plastics. Or Axiom can just release a similar mildly OS mid, any time now.

While not as fast, I feel like the Alias is on the same level of stability as the Matrix once the Matrix beats in a bit. I do agree that Axiom needs another mid though. I'm still waiting on an Axiom Verdict-like disc.

While not as fast, I feel like the Alias is on the same level of stability as the Matrix once the Matrix beats in a bit. I do agree that Axiom needs another mid though. I'm still waiting on an Axiom Verdict-like disc.

Alias is too straight, doesn't have the OS fade that I want to compliment Theory, etc. What Axiom needs is Theory-Alias-OS mid.

I must have an OS Alias. Well, it is 179g and a stiff Neutron with a significant dome in it. I dont love the feel, I bought another neutron in White for summer and its flexier and flat. But my Blue Alias is nice and stable, I can rip it and it will just go straight. Alias is such a good disc, so glad I tried it.

My Alias is straight as well, with solid HSS. But the fade isn't there, tiny fade. I know the Alias isn't supposed to have much fade, which is fine. But I'd really like an Axiom OS mid to compliment the Alias. Come on Axiom, OS mid pls.

I still remember my first few throws with the alias as a buzzz guy i couldnt believe it might actually be straighter... And it was'

I never would have thought there would be a straighter putter vs a lightly seasoned pure but found the proxy. Stoooopid emveepeas.

I still remember my first few throws with the alias as a buzzz guy i couldnt believe it might actually be straighter... And it was'

I never would have thought there would be a straighter putter vs a lightly seasoned pure but found the proxy. Stoooopid emveepeas.

Yep, definitely...doesn't have the little S curve of the Buzzz.

I currently throw Z and ESP Buzzz's.

Proxy, major :thmbup:

Nitro. In fact I've got a 171 Nitro you could buy. Nitro is super beef, I wanted something like a photon/Defy but longer but this ones got a massive fade.

This would primarily be for big skippers/longer (than Resistor) utility shots. I'm thinking Energy, I don't really need glide-out beef, got that covered.

Energy is gonna be shorter than the slower OS stuff, I'd go for the same thing you had or maybe Thrill. Energy just goes nowhere unless you have massive Mike C flex line capabilities in an open field

The Energy is just as OS as the Phase, but actually skips less well. If you like the Phase for skips then just get another, or a heavy Nitro. It's not near as OS but fast enough that the skips are pretty good.

The Energy is just as OS as the Phase, but actually skips less well. If you like the Phase for skips then just get another, or a heavy Nitro. It's not near as OS but fast enough that the skips are pretty good.

Huh, that's interesting...I'll have to think on this one.

My Alias is straight as well, with solid HSS. But the fade isn't there, tiny fade. I know the Alias isn't supposed to have much fade, which is fine. But I'd really like an Axiom OS mid to compliment the Alias. Come on Axiom, OS mid pls.

I guess what I'm looking at is the HSS. My N Alias (which I lost) had more HSS than my Matrix. My P Alias isn't quite as HSS, but definitely on par with the Matrix. I would rather throw my Alias into a headwind than my Matrix.

Over the last two weeks I've managed to snag a few gyro molds out of the used bin. New to me, the crave and wrath, and old to me, volt. I did a little field work with them today.

I have only thrown a volt in p, and not for very long so a N volt was a nice find. This thing is basically a laser beam. It's pretty worn in. A lot of rim scuffing. Very strange to see a disc go thst far dead straight on a flat release.small fade at the end that was more of a dump than a natural fade. The disc basically just ran out of steam and fell from the sky. That's going to be fun to play with on a course.

Wrath was weird. I couldn't seem to get enough snap on it most of the time and it end up flying like a katana (go way out right and dI've bomb fade back in. It is basically brand new and was in the used bin. The previous owner may have had a bad experience with the disc too. Will have to revisit it at a late time. To compare I was throwing a wraith along side it and it was doing what I expected.

Two Craves. One in P one in N. Oh boy were these money. By looks you'd call the n 6/10 and the p 8/10, but both were consistancy within 15ft of eachother. Backhand and forehand was just brilliant. I'm pretty sure I have no spot in my bag for a teebird after throwing these. That much abuse and still true to the line. I mean, I knew gyro can take a beating, but i've not put that much of a butt kicking into any of mine to see it with my own throws.

How did your Craves compare to the Volt? My Craves were so similar and often out drove my Volt enough that I just dropped the Volt to cut down on molds.

How did your Craves compare to the Volt? My Craves were so similar and often out drove my Volt enough that I just dropped the Volt to cut down on molds.

I had a similar thought. I do think that I may end up going with just one eventually. I just started carrying the volt, and was already thinking about dropping my teebird. Now with the crave I'm probably going to drop the teebird and test the volt vs crave in real rounds to see if there is a spot for both or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.